Recent flea market finds

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

clc

Recent flea market finds

Post by clc » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:09 pm

Thought id share some of my recent finds.
1986 usgi kevlar helmet for $20, brand new ecwcs parka/pants in desert camo in my size for $40, swedish parka for $30, alice pack without frame for $5, alice pack with frame for $20, molle ii rucksack for $25 and duffle with shoulder straps for $5.
Im most excited about the packs i plan on using the alice pack without frame as a cheap go bag i can leave in my car. The molle ii ruck is in bad shape so im not sure what i have planned for that yet. Any interesting mods you guys have done to your molle rucks?
In god we trust, all others must pay cash.

RonnyRonin

Re: Recent flea market finds

Post by RonnyRonin » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:41 am

PICS

which MOLLE II bag is it and did it come with the frame and suspension?
share your tobacco and your kindling, but never your sauna or your woman.

AK, Glock, Pie.

clc

Post by clc » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:02 am

It would take me a bit to figure out how to post pics.

Molle ii large rucksack in ACU. Its the full pack. Everything is well worn so i plan on disassembly and thorough cleaning. Ill have to really study the instructions it looks complicated.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:41 pm

clc wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:02 am

Molle ii large rucksack in ACU. Its the full pack. Everything is well worn so i plan on disassembly and thorough cleaning. Ill have to really study the instructions it looks complicated.
So much of that stuff feels like you need an engineering degree to understand. I eventually got used to stuff.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

clc

Post by clc » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:05 pm

woodsghost wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:41 pm
clc wrote:

So much of that stuff feels like you need an engineering degree to understand. I eventually got used to stuff.
The video i started to watch was 15 min long. Lol. What i really need to find are cheap woobies and panchos but ill probably break down and buy the bushcraft usa versions. I sleep with my woobie all the time so i could justify the added price.

RonnyRonin

Post by RonnyRonin » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:18 pm

The BCUSA poncho woobie looks like a fantastic deal, should be a good bit warmer then an issue woobie with the added features
share your tobacco and your kindling, but never your sauna or your woman.

AK, Glock, Pie.

echo83

Post by echo83 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:15 am

woodsghost wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:41 pm
clc wrote:

True that...You'll probably want to upgrade the frame on that pack. The earlier black plastic ones were alarmingly brittle. I got a Generation 4 frame for less than 10 bucks, it's tan plastic. They're pretty much bombproof.

If you're redoing all of the straps to attach it to the frame, the MOLLE II care and use manual is super helpful.

https://www.ncat.edu/divisions/academic ... e-care.pdf

Return to “Bug Out Gear”