LAPG SlideRail XWL Tactical WeaponLight

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Stercutus

LAPG SlideRail XWL Tactical WeaponLight

Post by Stercutus » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:04 am

The website states:
The LA Police Gear SlideRail XWL Tactical Weaponlight is the result of many hours of research and testing, countless samples, and a desire to produce a unique weaponlight.
https://lapolicegear.com/lapg-fl-xwl01- ... light.html

If true it was a wasted effort. The light is a virtual copy of a TLR-1 at half the price. Everything about it is nearly identical: brightness, function, mounting etc. After a couple of weeks of testing I am satisfied it is a good light.

They do not have the Streamlight lifetime warranty but at that price you can buy two. If you want a TLR 1 but don't want to spend the cabbage this option works.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: LAPG SlideRail XWL Tactical WeaponLight

Post by NT2C » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:39 am

Stercutus wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:04 am
The website states:
The LA Police Gear SlideRail XWL Tactical Weaponlight is the result of many hours of research and testing, countless samples, and a desire to produce a unique weaponlight.
https://lapolicegear.com/lapg-fl-xwl01- ... light.html

If true it was a wasted effort. The light is a virtual copy of a TLR-1 at half the price. Everything about it is nearly identical: brightness, function, mounting etc. After a couple of weeks of testing I am satisfied it is a good light.

They do not have the Streamlight lifetime warranty but at that price you can buy two. If you want a TLR 1 but don't want to spend the cabbage this option works.
That looks like a rebranded version of this Nightstick light that I installed on my shotty. Currently ~$50 at some online places. Got mine for $70 on Amazon, but free shipping so it balanced out.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:53 pm

Yep another TLR-1 copy. TLR-1 is a great light. I have not compared the nightstick but it looks about the same on the surface.
Shall be my brother

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:00 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:53 pm
Yep another TLR-1 copy. TLR-1 is a great light. I have not compared the nightstick but it looks about the same on the surface.
I'll lend you mine if you want to try it out and see if you like it. I'm planning on buying a second one for mounting on my .22 WMR bolt action varmint gun.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:48 pm

I'm good. The SLiderail functions just as well as TLR1 which sounds comparable to in performance to the Nightsitck.
Shall be my brother

Return to “Bug Out Gear”