UK bug out bag...bags?

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

bobthebuilder

UK bug out bag...bags?

Post by bobthebuilder » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:53 pm

Hello all.
Does anyone have any good suggestions for bags for making a bug out bag, available in the UK.
I've seen the ILBE on here a few times, but they are silly money to get this side of the Atlantic.
And the British issue PLCE began chewed my back to hell last time I tried it (although that was a short back, maybe the long is better)

Any one got any other good suggestions?

Sent from my Crystal using Tapatalk

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Re: UK bug out bag...bags?

Post by majorhavoc » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:48 pm

If you're willing to expand your options to civilian brands, Deuter, Karrimor and Berghaus have good reputations and I believe offer models in neutral colors like forest green. I have an olive green Karrimor with about a 65 litre capacity and think it's the equal of most of the higher end US packs.

I did a quick Google search and it looks like Osprey and Lowe Alpine have a retail presence in the UK, those are excellent brands as well.

bobthebuilder

Post by bobthebuilder » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:35 pm

majorhavoc wrote:If you're willing to expand your options to civilian brands, Deuter, Karrimor and Berghaus have good reputations and I believe offer models in neutral colors like forest green. I have an olive green Karrimor with about a 65 litre capacity and think it's the equal of most of the higher end US packs.

I did a quick Google search and it looks like Osprey and Lowe Alpine have a retail presence in the UK, those are excellent brands as well.
I'm happy to go with civilian brands it they are offering similar quality and toughness to the military bags.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

taipan821

Post by taipan821 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:22 pm

bobthebuilder wrote:\I'm happy to go with civilian brands it they are offering similar quality and toughness to the military bags.
You'll quickly notice civilian is an improvement over military packs. I have a SORD Large Field pack, it only gets used when I need to pack everything including the sink, for most hikes 3-5 days it is overkill.

Remember, the bigger the bag = the more useless junk you put in it = heavier bag.
smaller bag = less stuff = lighter bag
Vincent Tornado: 2013
Tropical Cyclone Ita: Category 5 landfall 2014
Tropical Cyclone Marcia: Category 5 landfall 2015
Tropical Cyclone Nathan: Category 3 landfall 2015
Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie: Category 4 landfall 2017

Return to “Bug Out Gear”