Insulated jacket for my German Shepherd?

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

moab

Insulated jacket for my German Shepherd?

Post by moab » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:13 pm

Looking for an insulated jacket for my GSD for hiking. Need not be down or neoprene. I live in socal. But nights are chilly by the beach. Raining right now. And our dogs prefer to sleep outside. And I'm relocating to the PNW soon. Normal poly insulation would probably due. And waterproof shell.

I bought two off of ebay. But the 5xl was not big enough to fit her. She only has a 26 inch chest. From China no doubt.

I found this. Looks promising. Not looking to spend more than $35 bucks or so. Unless I'm blown away by it. Anybody else outfitted their dog with a nice jacket?

https://www.baxterboo.com/p.cfm/alpine- ... gLNtvD_BwE

PS - This reminds me of Blackdog(?). The guy with the Border Collie that used to post a lot on here. He got cancer or some illness. Not sure if he passed or not. But he was a great guy that doesn't post anymore. Here's to you Blackdog!
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: Insulated jacket for my German Shepherd?

Post by RickOShea » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:48 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

moab

Post by moab » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:55 pm

Breaks my heart. I had not read that he had died. That was just a couple posts from my last. And I don't get notifications from ZS very often. I don't know how they keep people coming back. Other than the great people on here. I will miss him. What a humble guy. He did a lot.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

Dabster

Post by Dabster » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:00 pm

I have walked my dogs for about 20 - 30 minutes in sub-zero temperatures and a decent wind. They have been GSDs to my current GSB+Rhodesian Ridgeback... None of them have ever been bothered by the temperature.

Are you taking very long walks?
Shiney side out... Shiney side out...

moab

Post by moab » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:44 pm

Dabster wrote:I have walked my dogs for about 20 - 30 minutes in sub-zero temperatures and a decent wind. They have been GSDs to my current GSB+Rhodesian Ridgeback... None of them have ever been bothered by the temperature.

Are you taking very long walks?
I'm talking multi night hiking trips. And only for at night. Not while hiking of course. They don't need it.

I found this one I like:

https://www.baxterboo.com/p.cfm/alpine- ... sign-black

tony d tiger

Post by tony d tiger » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:15 am

http://www.horseblankets.com/Foal-Blank ... s-s/67.htm

There is no box... :awesome:

You're coming to the PNW? Are you on Facebook? Shoot me a message, I got some 411...
Tony D

Return to “Bug Out Gear”