New reviews from Gearlabs for solar panels 2017.

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

moab

New reviews from Gearlabs for solar panels 2017.

Post by moab » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:21 pm

This is one of the top review sites for outdoor gear. Professional hikers and trekkers take the gear for months and review it. Very well researched reviews by the hobbies top professionals.

Anker is making some GOOD shit lately. I use their cables, car chargers, ac adapters, bluetooth earbuds. Now their solar panels come in first place. Instapark 10w comes in 3rd. And Goel Zero dead last. I have not read why yet. But do yourself a favor and check this site out before you buy anything. I've not seen better, well written, reviews anywhere.

https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/topics/c ... ar-charger
http://www.legionarms.com

"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

Gunwriter
Favorite Zombie Movies: anything with Ash in it....

Re: New reviews from Gearlabs for solar panels 2017.

Post by Gunwriter » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:16 pm

Thanks for posting. I have a number of old Brunton folding solar panels from maybe 12 years ago.
Would like to try some more modern designs.

moab

Post by moab » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:00 pm

Gunwriter wrote:Thanks for posting. I have a number of old Brunton folding solar panels from maybe 12 years ago.
Would like to try some more modern designs.
Speaking of Brunton. Last year they had their small roll up solar panel in their reviews. But just for charging phones. It is very small and lightweight for hiking. Gone from their reviews this year though. But if all you want to charge is a phone it's a good one.
http://www.legionarms.com

"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

Woods Walker
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Woods Walker » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:34 am

The only powerbank I ever had fail was an Anker. Maybe bad luck. Also there is this "Small accessory pouch won't hold average smartphone". I don't know if the reviewer has had much field experience but don't put a smartphone inside those pockets when solar charging. It gets way too hot. I mean way too hot. Put the phone behind the shade of the panel which should be at an angle then moved X degrees every few hours to keep track of the sun. I prefer to charge a powerbank first. I know ECEEN has a auto reset every 3 minutes which totally negates all charging errors including Apple devices infamous solar charging errors. I think Goal Zero might have (or maybe not) a similar feature on their new panels. Overall the ECEEN 10w is the best solar charger I have tested. It's great at everything. Low light, charge error prevention, UL, build quality and crazy cheap price. I reviewed both their 7 and 10 watt. Purchased one on Amazon and the other on EBay.

Also did a break down on Solar battery chargers.

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing"
"Do not mess with the forces of Nature, for thou art small and biodegradable!"

Best of Woods Walker's posts.

Return to “Bug Out Gear”