Night run with new flashlight!

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Woods Walker
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Night run with new flashlight!

Post by Woods Walker » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:37 pm

I like flashlights, knives and guns. Also at one time chocolate cake but it's banned. So with that established I got a new flashlight or rather used but no longer made Surefire G3/Z44 bezel with Malkoff M91W, Ti CR123 holder and a holster.

It's a cold raw night out in the 30's. Yea I am going to run through the hills with the new light! Yup. Friday night with the Walker.

I hate space alien abduction angry blue light. This one is warm. More like normal light. That said I got nothing against aliens. They're ok. Except for the brain suckers. Roswell grays are good though but you can't always pick your alien abductors. Just gotta hope for the best.

I like Surefire.

It actually stopped raining for a few hours but picked up within 20 minutes of me being on the trail. Never wait till your wet to put on a rain coat. 37 F and raining could end badly if injured and wet.

I liked to look for trout with a flashlight. Yea it sounds strange but less so than aliens plus it given me a good idea of what's in the pools if I decide to fish during the day. So easy to see them with a flashlight and the M91W did a fantastic job for such a floody engine.

Oh snap it's getting silly out.

That's about it. Was going to night run for 10 miles but cut it at 5. Winter rain always makes me a bit apprehensive at night when not under a tarp.

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing"
"Do not mess with the forces of Nature, for thou art small and biodegradable!"

Best of Woods Walker's posts.

Purple_Mutant
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Night run with new flashlight!

Post by Purple_Mutant » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:41 am

I recently picked up one of those USB rechargeable models from Thrunite. I haven't gotten around to properly testing it. I should do that and post a review on here. We have a bike trail here that gets good and dark. That might be just the place to test a high power flashlight.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Apathy wrote:We are a bunch of adults who own too many guns and actively prepare for the zombie apocalypse. There is something wrong with each and every one of us.
Emergency prep and Autism

Acronyms

My photography and art

Woods Walker
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Woods Walker » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:23 am

Purple_Mutant wrote:I recently picked up one of those USB rechargeable models from Thrunite. I haven't gotten around to properly testing it. I should do that and post a review on here. We have a bike trail here that gets good and dark. That might be just the place to test a high power flashlight.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Look forward to hearing about it!

RapidM4
Favorite Zombie Movies: TWD
Romero

Post by RapidM4 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:56 am

Nice gear but I wish Surefire would offer a flashlight that uses a less expensive more commonly found battery than the CR123.

w3rdtoyamama
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil series.

Post by w3rdtoyamama » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:16 pm

Boogieman stayed at bay? :clap:

Minus the rain, looks like fun.
Czechnology wrote:Lots of people enjoy saying "Move" when people complain about their local/state laws, but that's a churlish, ignorant thing to say.

Woods Walker
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Woods Walker » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:57 pm

RapidM4 wrote:Nice gear but I wish Surefire would offer a flashlight that uses a less expensive more commonly found battery than the CR123.
You should be able to use a lithium ion 16650 in many SF 2XCR123 flashlights. About 8-10 bucks for a real good protected one and it will last 500 cycles and have about the same watt hours. Hold on.

3.7 nominal volts times 2.4 mA is 9.25 watt hours for a Keeppower 2500 mAh protected battery.

6 nominal volts (in series I think) time 1.5 mA is 9 watt hours for 2XCR123 primaries.

So if my hack math is correct the lithium ion should have a bit more energy.

voyaginator

Post by voyaginator » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:45 am

Thinking to get a chest runner LED https://goo.gl/HBRPjx. Not expensive, seems to be perfect even with hat and backpack. Any comment / feedback ? :awesome:

Return to “Bug Out Gear”