What do you make and sell?

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

What do you make and sell?

Post by BullOnParade » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:31 pm

I know there was a similar thread a while back, and I know board participation is dwindling. But I want to know what everyone makes out there as a hobby or to sell. I heavily regret not buying leather from a prominent member years ago who has since passed. I know some who make knives and packs and tac gear, share it here, I want to support my fellow zombie hunters more.

Show case your goods or services, and share a link to where they can be ordered or purchased.
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Re: What do you make and sell?

Post by Halfapint » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:52 pm

I've got an apiary and rob my bees of their precious liquid and sell it.

I used to make double walled alcohol stoves and sell them but haven't made any in about 2 years.

Make and sell gasifier stoves.

Been working on designs for a concrete rocket stove. A fellow 005 member built one, but I'm trying to make it a little bit better. I will sell these once I figure out a way to make them properly. I've also looked up how to put in thermoelectric generator in it to power devices.

Roomie and I started making picture frames, haven't sold any. We are currently perfecting the jigs and the production side of it.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

quazi

Post by quazi » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:25 pm

Vegetable and flower starts? Not really the kind of thing a person should buy from me unless they live nearby.

Slugg

Post by Slugg » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:15 pm

My wife knits a ton. Every summer and fall her, her mother and her grandmother set up a booth at craft shows. We have a hobby farm with rabbits, chickens, and pigeons. The ones we don't eat or keep end up at a local livestock auction. The chicken eggs are sold too. The fur and feathers of our meals are sold or bartered.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
The future is for those who prepare.

ashwednesday
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead remake, Shaun of the Dead

Post by ashwednesday » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:26 pm

I make bracelets from bicycle spokes. www.bentspokes.com.

Occasionally I cover Safariland or G-Code holsters in multicam fabric.

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk
"Flawlessly". Every time I see this word in a thread, I brace myself for bullshit. Around half the time I end up feeling vindicated.

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:06 pm

I don't make anything worth selling, but I do get to haul and carry things for someone who does. My wife is a potter. While I wouldn't call it bug out gear, she does make some very functional/ practical things geared toward older ways of living. Her fermenting crocks and French butter keepers are pretty popular right now. She makes coffee pour overs that I like to call ancient Kuerigs. She's also working on a bread crock to hold sour dough starters.

http://www.3dandelionseeds.weebly.com
https://www.etsy.com/shop/3DandelionSeeds/items
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

Close_enough

Post by Close_enough » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:59 pm

My wife has taken commissions on quilts. I'm playing with the idea of tossing my hat into the Paracord products (Bow slings, wrist slings, finger slings, bracelets, slings, and neck lanyards) as a way to support my knotting addiction. I'm not anywhere near Stormdrane's level of proficiency, but I'm way beyond most of the stuff found on Ebay and Etsy.

Flying Lead
Location: Alabama-Land of low taxes, lots of guns and more meth labs than you can count!

Post by Flying Lead » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:29 pm

I work a full time job, plus in the evenings I clean fuel injectors for outboards and do electronics. You can get 75 to 200 bucks for repairing an outboard wiring harness that sell for 600 to 900 dollars. Also do projects like steampunk stuff and repair electrical parts.
The optimist learns English, a pessimist - Chinese, realist exploring a Kalashnikov rifle.-russian survival website
1911nufsaid wrote:I'm not implying you, or anyone on the forum for that matter, is a 'end of world' nut job.
Woods Walker wrote:If their shit was any tighter the carbon within would be turned to diamonds.
Put me down for M14, XD45 and Pie

moab

Post by moab » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:20 pm

I don't make and sell them. But I buy and sell surplus gun parts. And build tools. Parts kits. And the like. Since 2008. Been a nice little business for keeping me busy and in whatever I need to spend money on. Like more parts kits. lol.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

SteelWolf

Post by SteelWolf » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:43 pm

I sell a line of IFAKs. Well designed and competitively priced (compared to a $230 NAR IFAK LOL!!!!!!!!).

http://archangeldynamics.com/t/medical-kits

And if you are local to Arizona, we do Firearms and Tactical Medical Training.

http://archangeldynamics.com
TEMS / Flight Paramedic. NRP, FP-C, TP-C.
OIF / OEF Combat Veteran
Owner / Chief Instructor of Archangel Dynamics, LLC. Come visit us for all of your Medical Preparedness needs!
Do you live in or around Arizona? Come train with us! Firearms, Medical and Survival courses.
https://archangeldynamics.com/

LyraJean
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (Sidney Poitier)
Shaun of the Dead
ZombieLand

Post by LyraJean » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:48 pm

I quilt. Along with making traditional quilts I make bowl cozies, kitchen bags (bags to hold your plastic bags from the grocery stores), mug rugs, baskets, pot holders, table runners, place mats, and wall hangings. Saving up for a business license and business checking account so I can open a store on Artfire.com so it's giving me time to get organized and build up my stock.
My blog: Beyond Tourism: Florida's Yesteryear A blog about Florida History

Ad'lan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Rabid (1977)

Post by Ad'lan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:22 am

I make and sell primitive self bows, arrows and stone tools. I also run workshops by arrangement.
My Guide to making your own Bowstring
My Guide to making your own Flint Arrowheads
My Guide to Fletching
My Guide to Primitive Fletching
Cymro wrote:Seriously, I'm not sure I'd fuck with Ad'lan if he had his bow with him. I just don't see that ending well.
Please Check out my PAW Story, Fagin

MacAttack

Post by MacAttack » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:24 am

Just started learning how to test and repair tube radios.

My present project is a 1957 WEGA model 401 multi-band radio. Tubes are good but the capacitors need changing.

I think it has a shortwave transmitter option so I am looking for one to install.

I have two late 40's AM car radios that I am thinking of turning into desktop radios.

I have made minor repairs to modern radios so I guess I could trade that work for something.

Blackrain

Post by Blackrain » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:18 pm

I sew and make para cord bands. I like to make stuff that I design or see on line. I mostly make small pouches with zippers.
I designed a weapon cleaning mat with collapsible and removable parts trays. Not sure if I can post pictures with weapons.

Also make gun bags i.e. Sand bags filled with poly beads.

Other crazy stuff.

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:05 am

I make phone calls.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

Return to “Bug Out Gear”