First BOB, looking for feedback, if you're willing:)

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

PCVH

First BOB, looking for feedback, if you're willing:)

Post by PCVH » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:24 am

Hi Forum,

the below was posted in the show-your-bob thread earlier, but I had stupidly not picked up on the fact that I cannot receive feedback there, therefore a repost, if that's okay.

So I'm an off and on lurker, first time poster. I would much appreciate any feedback on my first attempt at a bag, which is somewhere in the middle of BOB and INCH.

I should note that the CZ in the picture has since been replaced with a Glock 17, loads lighter. Also, as I live in Western Europe, I cannot actually keep my firearms and ammunitions in an easily accessible bag; as such, in case of emergency, I'll have to retrieve them from a safe before including them in the actual bag. The rest is ready to go. Items I use in daily life, such as a Leatherman or a flashlight, have been purchased additionally so as to prevent me disturbing the bag at any time. Also, all medicine, batteries, food and water are good for at least a decade, so I only have to replace these or update these once every ten years - I enjoy having a bag like this, but I don't enjoy tinkering with it continually - I want it finished and in place, is all.

Again, feedback, though not always immediately adhered to, is appreciated:)

Thanks, Paul

General/survival:
- North Face Jester bag 29 ltr.
- Combination locks to close bag
- Emergency poncho x 2
- Mini radio
- Duracel AAA for radio
- SOL two person emergency bivvy
- Dust masks x 3
- Mini watchband compass
- Resealable zipper bags
- Pen
- USB stick: photos, document scans
- Copies of passports
- Silver bullion (maple leafs, 1oz) x 25
- Currency: €250, $100

Tools:
- Fallkniven F1 knife
- Coldsteel Kukri Machete
- Leatherman Wave multitool
- Fenix PD30 flashlight
- Duracel CR123A x 6
- Duct tape
- Paracord 20 meters
- Tie-rips black, long

Food/drink:
- Bottled water (1 litre) x 3
- Lifestraw water filter
- Water purification tablets
- Compact rations BP-5 (2020 kcal) x 4
- Fishing kit basic
- Additional fishing lines
- Automatic fisher
- Brass wire

Fire:
- Bic lighter
- Firesteel
- Coghlan’s 36 hour survival candle

Medicine:
- Care Plus first aid kit basic
- Sterilon
- Ibuprofen, paracetamol
- Antihistamine
- Sutures
- Syringes
- Norit
- Imodium
- Iosat

Hygiene:
- Care Plus hygiene hand gel
- Mini toothbrush with toothpaste
- Labello chap stick
- Tampons
- Roll of toilet paper

Defence:
- Glock 17
- 150 rounds 9mm

Total cost (for no other reason than that I find it interesting to keep tabs): ± €1900
Total weight: 13 kg

modustollens

Re: First BOB, looking for feedback, if you're willing:)

Post by modustollens » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:30 am

Nice little kit.

I myself would add at at least two things:

1. A container for boiling water, perhaps a small billy-pot or even a canteen cup, something proportionally sized for your bag. If cold, a hot cup of tea will go a long way for health and morale. And you could boil water for purification or cooking. Something akin to this:

This is the model I use: https://www.frostriver.com/shop/canoe-camp/mors-pot/
The one litre model of this pot would be a good fit for your BOB. Notice how you can even bake in it...

http://motusworld.com/2015/02/backcount ... -mors-pot/

2. A collapsible, lightweight, roll up water jug so that you can haul a bit more water.
Something akin to this:

In an emergency situation an adequate water supply will be critical; adding that roll-able jug can allow you to stock up if passing by a good source. 3 litres is good when on the move; but at night or in your shelter, a few more litres will be welcomed, especially if the water source is in an area exposed to foul weather or you need to hide yourself away in a more secure location. You don't need to carry it full all the time, of course.

MT
Last edited by modustollens on Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
My homemade stove:Homemade Backpack Stove
Radio Page: VE3EFQ

drop bear

Post by drop bear » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:01 am

Depends what your plan is a bit.

I build mine around shelter. And have figured out that making shelter is a gigantic pain. So regardless of anything else I want that to be simple. So I have a pre made or easy system.

bigred362
Favorite Zombie Movies: World War Z

Post by bigred362 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:09 am

I like it, nice and simple, and if you are very resourceful, has enough stuff to get by in an emergency. My BOB is huge and weighs about 55lbs. I have been too lazy to take it apart and take pics of it. Couple small suggestions. A small tarp, like an 8X10, keep it folded and place it on the bottom of the pack. It is very useful and can help keep the contents of the bag dry when you set it down. The other item is the silver rounds, I have a couple rolls of silver dimes. They are smaller and easier to barter with. You don't have try to receive full value for the amount you have, you need only to give more or less coins based upon the transaction you are conducting. I hope neither you or I have a need to grab these bags.
"A smart ass is always better than a dumb ass"

"Nobody is totally useless you can always be a good bad example"

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:37 am

Thanks for sharing the kit!

Before I comment on the contents I wanted to ask about what sort of terrain you may use the bag in.
Because you mentioned INCH you might be going across your country in order to reach your final destination. If so would it be be cities, suburban or countryside? Or maybe some of each?

How much distance to you expect to cover and will it be days or weeks that you may be on foot?
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

Sun Yeti
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zomblies (no, that's not a typo)

Post by Sun Yeti » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:57 am

I like the idea of a few silver coins. I'm not that concerned with the collapse of currency, but if you end up in another country your paper money might not be worth anything to the person you are dealing with. Also, as a bonus, silver is antimicrobial; you can drop a coin in milk or juice or what have you to make it last longer without refrigeration.

I would suggest rather than buying a canteen, you replace your plastic water bottles with a big steel one. You can store your water in there, and then also use it for cooking or boiling. Speaking of which, a soda can stove and a small flask of alcohol will give you a way to cook or boil water if you can't make a wood fire, and it doesn't weigh much. Whether you want one depends on your plans though, I suppose.

PCVH

Post by PCVH » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:28 pm

Thanks guys, for your thoughtful feedback. It helps!

Indeed, some more info might be needed: I live in the Netherlands, a rather densely populated country. No foreseeable natural disasters, no volcanoes, twisters or earthquakes, other than the (remote) possibility of flooding. Scenarios do include potential failure of aged Belgium nuclear plants (hence the iosat), conflict in/with the east beyond Germany and of course zombies:)

Foreseeable departure would be through relatively urban areas crossing little country, initially. By car or motorbike, some 100 miles to find passage to Britain, or north into Scandinavia, or south to France/Spain. Of course, you never really know, but still, what I can imagine..

The bag should serve me and GF for about 24 hours on the move, and have some basics to start temporarily settling somewhere should we need to. Some of your comments have me pondering, and perhaps I should include some extra items. Then again, the bag is slim and fairly low profile, and about as heavy as I'm willing to let it get. I'm not a small guy, but 24 hours non-stop traveling should, in my case, be done with minimal weight. Not a small guy, but not a marine. I'm actually already wondering whether I'm going to need a machete in Western Europe and whether it's worth the weight.

All in all, though I want the bag finished and hidden away till needed, I am carefully considering your welcome advice for some final tinkering:) Any additional comments will continue to be appreciated!

Thanks again!,

Paul

bigred362
Favorite Zombie Movies: World War Z

Post by bigred362 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:21 pm

You have some decisions to make. If it will be you and your GF, I would like to have some ready to eat food to give you calories while you are on the move. I would build her a pack of roughly the same size but a different brand/type so they are not the same pack, it will draw attention. I like the idea that the bag is small and and relatively plain, it is a good thing not to broadcast that you may have stuff someone wants. I would really consider building her a complimentary pack with food and comfort items like a small blanket, socks and undergarments, maybe some wipes of some sort. I wouldn't get crazy weight wise but 2 packs are better than one. A BOB doesn't have to be a one shot deal. It can be an ongoing project. That is exactly how my bag ended up being 55lbs LOL.
"A smart ass is always better than a dumb ass"

"Nobody is totally useless you can always be a good bad example"

Wraith6761

Post by Wraith6761 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:31 pm

Thanks for sharing your kit, it's looking like a pretty solid kit so far. I do have some questions on some things though.
PCVH wrote:
- Emergency poncho x 2
- SOL two person emergency bivvy
- Dust masks x 3
So, how many people are you hoping to support out of this bag? Also, knowing very little about the environment that you'll be in (temperature-wise, as well as urban v. rural), will you be able to stay warm enough with just a couple of ponchos and a bivvy? Since it's a two-person bivvy, are you just expecting to snuggle for warmth and get by with that, or am I missing something? Adding a blanket might make things a bit better, at least in the winter.
PCVH wrote:Tools:
- Fallkniven F1 knife
- Coldsteel Kukri Machete
- Leatherman Wave multitool
- Fenix PD30 flashlight
- Duracel CR123A x 6
- Duct tape
- Paracord 20 meters
- Tie-rips black, long
Do you see yourself processing a lot of wood or clearing a path through some serious forest/jungle during any potential disasters that force you out of your home? If not, maybe just leave the machete at home...that F1 is supposed to be a pretty beastly knife in it's own right, and should be capable of handling anything you need to do. Also, tie-rips (which I'm guessing are the same as zip-ties): why? The reason I ask is that some folks I've seen including them start talking about "what if I need to restrain a raider or other person, these'll make it easier" which is not only complete fantasy but also pretty darned illegal. If they're just in there as a quick way to hold stuff together without having to tie knots, then disregard that question (though knot-tying is a very useful skill I'd suggest picking up).
PCVH wrote:Food/drink:
- Bottled water (1 litre) x 3
- Lifestraw water filter
- Water purification tablets
- Compact rations BP-5 (2020 kcal) x 4
- Fishing kit basic
- Additional fishing lines
- Automatic fisher
- Brass wire
As others have pointed out, a metal bottle like one of the Klean Kanteens would give you the option to have a hot cup of tea/coffee/cocoa without really adding to your bag weight by much, and that hot drink can do wonders for morale. You might also want to double-check local laws on the use of automatic fishers and other traps (I'm assuming the brass wire is for snares or something similar?), I know in my area there are some pretty specific nuances on what is allowed or not allowed with regards to those.
PCVH wrote:Hygiene:
- Care Plus hygiene hand gel
- Tampons
I'm guessing that hand gel is just a sanitizer? (never heard of it before)
Tampons? Are you female or traveling with a female companion who'll possibly need them? I only ask because there's an urban legend about using tampons to plug bullet/puncture wounds that just will not die no matter how much logic and scientific debunking (and fire) is applied to it.

Overall, like I said the kit looks pretty solid to me. The only things I might change would be dropping the machete, adding in a metal bottle/cup of some kind (and some packets of instant coffee/tea/cocoa), and maybe adding a small fleece or wool blanket.
Woods Walker wrote:...I don't think it matters if a backpack has Dora the Explorer on it. Based on my observations from years of hunting and fishing if something looks and acts like prey it will draw in predators.

Maeklos
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead (the original), Resident Evil

Post by Maeklos » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:34 am

Looking over your kit, a few things stick out to me:

1. 3L of water - This is about average for an average-weight person, sitting around all day to consume. If you're looking to support 2 people in a stressful situation that may also include heavy work (walking, running, climbing over rubble, trekking through woodlands), you're going to need more water than this. I'd recommend 4L each to stay fully-hydrated for one day. You can cut that less, but as you exert yourself, as you sweat, and as you breathe, you're going to dehydrate more and more as time goes on.

2. Dust masks - Why do you have these? To simply block out dust and particulates that may happen as a result of collapsed buildings, or are you thinking of using them as CBRN protection in the case of a biological, nuclear, radiological, or chemical disaster? If so, I'd recommend ditching these and picking up two half-face respirators with a couple sets of N95 (for dust and particulates) and P100 (for biological) filters each.

3. Compass - How good is it? Do you know how to read a compass effectively? Do you have maps of the area so that you can use them in conjunction with your compass to plot alternate routes in case you need to either find locations or avoid hazards?

4. Mini-radio - You might give some thought to investing a few euros into a small solar charger for this just in case your battery runs out. Even better if the charger can also charge your cell phone, flashlight, and any other electronic devices, too.

5. Food - If you've got access to water that you can boil or purify, you might give some thought to tossing a half liter of oats or rice, along with a similar amount of dried fruit and nuts into the kit, just to give you something other than pre-packaged ration bars. Ration bars do in a pinch, but they're not the best of food to pick up the spirits. Having a breakfast of hot oats with fruit and nuts will go a long way to making you feel more human.

6. Tools - Got a good assortment of blades, but maybe think about adding a folding saw into the mix, too.

7. Hygiene - Might want to throw in a pack of wet wipes. Stress + hard, sweaty travel + defecating in the woods = occasionally messy.

8. First Aid Kit - If those are anything like that off-the-shelf FAKs here in the US, I'd tear it apart and throw out half the stuff. Go through the items, see what's useful (band aids, gauze) and what's not (dull-ass scissors, giant plastic tweezers).

Just some thoughts, mate. YMMV.
Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

"If the Russian flag were accurate, it would depict half a cabbage, a bottle of vodka, and a cold man dying for the Motherland."

The Twizzler
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead

Post by The Twizzler » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:44 am

I didn't see anything to entertain yourselves. You can buy travel games and card decks to pass the time away. I mean after you build shelter and boil water and eat what are you gonna do? What if you happen upon kids. They are definitely gonna need something to distract them. It's something a lot of people forget. Even during bad times you can be bored.
"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he drew his dagger...

taipan821

Post by taipan821 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:43 am

Hi and welcome to the forums

overall a nice BOB, i like that everything you carry has been chosen and weight is a factor.

I don't think you need a big knife, you have said you'll be passing through mostly urban areas, I don't know about people over there, but you get a few concerned looks over here (AUS) if you have a big knife.

your primary disasters sound to be be short term to disasters that mean you can't go back, carry enough cash to pay for a night, maybe two in a motel and transport, you mention evacuating to Great Britain and france, maybe consider carrying some euros? there are exchange locations around, and possibly a prepaid credit card

your gear is low bulk and low visibility, meaning less worried stares. good work and may you learn a fair bit from the forums
Vincent Tornado: 2013
Tropical Cyclone Ita: Category 5 landfall 2014
Tropical Cyclone Marcia: Category 5 landfall 2015
Tropical Cyclone Nathan: Category 3 landfall 2015
Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie: Category 4 landfall 2017
Watsonville/Walsh River Bushfire 2018
North Queensland Monsoonal Event 2019

PCVH

Post by PCVH » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:30 pm

Thanks, guys, for the continued feedback.

Some swift responses (almost bedtime):

- Yes, traveling with female, tampons are not for plugging bullet holes (new function to me:));
- The kit does contain some Euros, but right now only €250, I should really include some more;
- Still on the fence on the machete. Because of the weight though, legality is not an issue, that I can actually carry, which is more than can be said for the gun (guns I can only transport between my residence, my shooting ranges, my arms dealer);
- I agree I should have some food, but I do. The emergency food there is ready to eat.
- I also agree three liters of water is by no means enough for two people for a day or two. However, the consideration here is weight. I've included a life straw for sucking up puddles and tablets for sterilising water in, say, an empty bottle. Still, I see the point, and am also still on the fence on this one.
- the tie-rips are not for arresting anyone, more for any unforeseen need to tie something to something else. A ripped strap on my pack? Dunno..
- A second pack for the GF? Hmm... definitely something to ponder..
- Regarding the legality of auto-fishers or snares: only to be used after society pretty much fails, so who cares:)

Many other comments made make a lot of sense and I'm still pondering them.

Again, my sincere thanks for the feedback and the lengths you folks go to:) I'm really appreciating this forum and its members:)

Cheers, Paul

2now

Post by 2now » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:52 pm

Nice kit, I like the active concern about weight.

A few things you might add:

moleskin
Ace bandage
small sewing / repair kit
a spare pair of sock

All of which can help keep you moving if you have a 'problem'.

What about gloves, duct tape, a heavy duty trash bag or a locking carabiner?

I had a girl friend once who used a menstral sponge, you had to boil it, but one was good for a year.
Maxi pads do make good wound dressings, and so do double duty.

Would a map help you?
A pen but no paper?

I agree with the metal pot and the expanded food suggestions.

If you replace your water bottles with a stainless steel bottle and a sturdy plastic bottle, you can boil water in one and store how water in the other, next to you to keep warm.

If you had to leave in a total hurry and were not able to get your Glock, do you have anything that you can leave ready with your bag that might help with defense?

Lastly, what are you able to do that has value to people? Are there some minimal tools you could bring that would increase your value when you come to rest?
I am a lawyer but I am not YOUR lawyer.

LaughingVulcan

Post by LaughingVulcan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:36 pm

As others have said, really nice kit! Looks like it would get you from here to there.

Questions:

1) Are you trained in how to suture?
2) No steri-strips? (If you're not certified in suturing, dump the sutures and get steri-strips instead... If you are trained in suturing, you should have them anyway to use instead of sutures when the wound is not expected to endure tension.)
3) What would you expect to administer with the syringes?
4) Have you actually eaten the BP-5 before? (I have not, but know it is a generally accepted food ration.... Just a general principle that you should never trust a frontline survival food that you have not personally already eaten and know how you react to it. Then again, you are packing both Imodium and Norit. ;)
5) Your FAK is a good start, have you considered adding the capability to handle at least one major wound trauma? (5 2x2's aren't enough IMVVHO, I'd recommend a trauma bandage and a TQ or three triangle bandages. One triangle for would pressure, one triangle for wrap, one triangle for use as a TQ if #1 and #2 don't stop the bleed.)

I'd add a little notebook to go with your pen. YMMV.
I'd lose the "BOB" tag if you ever actually need to employ it. To those who care it screams, "I got stuff in here you'd like to have!" Then again, a North Face bag shows you care about survivability. ;)

Major kudos on the TP, and double-down kudos on the toothpaste and toothbrush! The "automatic fisher" I'm assuming is something like a tip-up? Cool!

Good kit!

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:16 am

This is an excellent start. We can all nitpick about an omission here and there, but you've clearly given your kit a lot of thought and I commend you for that. With that out of the way, let the nitpicking begin!

- I agree with you re: the conclusion of zip (rip) ties. Those things are incredibly useful for in-the-field repairs. Use as hand restraints is borderline mall ninja justification, but as a fix for a blown out zipper on your pack, securing tarps, a temporary hose clamp, or about a million other potential uses, they're great. I've even used them once to secure shattered body molding on my car after colliding with a cardboard box lying in the road.

- Also agree with questions about the utility of the syringe (irrigating a wound, maybe?) and OP's own ongoing ambivalence about the machete. Then again, it is a second option for personal defense ...

+1 on people's suggestions for some kind of metal cup/cooking vessel. That opens up a lot of options from an alternate method for purifying water, retrieving H2O that can only be accessed at arms length, to boiling it for tea/hot chocolate/instant coffee/soup, all real morale boosters at very little cost in terms of bulk weight.

~ Speaking of weight concerns, since you mention your plan would be to travel with your GF, what about having a second, empty bag as part of this kit? Doesn't need to be anything heavy-duty or expensive. Just something to give you load sharing options if an emergency arises when your GF doesn't have anything better at hand. There's also something to be said for having a way for a second person to carry extra supplies/clothing you might want to grab just before bugging out.

~ That AAA battery for your portable radio: I'm assuming it's in addition to the one already in the radio? If it's the only one and you're stored outside to avoid battery drain, consider installing a second battery in the radio, but inserted backwards, or with a plastic tab between the contacts to avoid accidentally draining it.

~ Re: sufficient water. Understood about weight concerns. Have a gallon of extra water stored alongside your BOB and maybe some sort of non-rigid, collapsible container to transfer at least some of it into. It just gives you options and you can always leave some/all of it behind. At the very least, it would be there to allow you and your GF to fully hydrate before setting out.

Bruno_GO
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead, The Crazies, Dawn of the Dead, Land of the Dead.
and HATE all the resident evil.

Post by Bruno_GO » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:00 pm

Congrats to the kit.
The considerations are great too.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:32 am

Just a few comments:

Sawyer mini water filter has a higher volume rating than a lifestraw plus it will screw onto the bottles you already have: https://www.amazon.com/Sawyer-Products- ... th=1&psc=1

People seem to go through phases of what they remember, so may I suggest a headlamp to keep both hands free?

Tampons are also usable as fire starters. Take one apart and see how much cotton is in one, you'll be amazed. That with a small Vaseline container makes lots of fire starting material. Vaseline can also use on strips of tshirt so there is no need to make a ton of firestarters and putting them in film canisters. I just make them as I need them. https://www.amazon.com/Vaseline-First-A ... s=vaseline

Add a bit of snare wire and learn how to use it. Passive food collection is awesome, I see you already have a yo-yo reel.

Personally, I am not a big fan of Coghlans products. Sure, building your first BOB and saving on money, I totally agree. I would continue to search for better products as I personally do not want to skimp on price when my life is in the balance.

Well that's my 2cents. Good luck.
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

00dlez
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by 00dlez » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:05 pm

Since it's quite likely that you will be crossing international boarders, you might want to double up on your USB sticks.

Also, as some others have said, some silver coins might be a good addition as well. It sounds like any event you might be concerned about could make you "one of the herd" moving away from an event, and in that case, it might be beneficial to diversify your ability to pay for things.
Batman has a pretty good EDC. - Purple_Mutant

LastBoyScout
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: South Sacramento at night when view from a patrol car.

Post by LastBoyScout » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:18 pm

One item I ad to my fire kits is very small and light and cheap. Like less than 15 Grams and less than $1.00.

The simple pencil sharpener.

One of the best makers of tinder you can get. Oh you can do it with a knife but not as well and you do not dull your knife and have much less risk or cutting your self or someone else. They trust 6 year old's with them.

It also is a great way to sharpen sticks for traps etc and well you can also sharpen a pencil.

Love the kit others have suggested some good things to ad.

Cheers.
LastBoyscout

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.

Helen Keller

An unloaded gun is a pourly balanced club.

Lynn C. Thompson to me over dinner.

Flying Lead
Location: Alabama-Land of low taxes, lots of guns and more meth labs than you can count!

Post by Flying Lead » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:40 pm

You have the best start to a BOB I can remember seeing.
I would add a couple of things such as:
1. Metal water bottle for water storage-container for heating/boiling.
2. Gloves-for warming or preventing injury.
3. OTC meds like Benadryl and anti diarrhea.
4. Piece of plastic or tyvek. Use for a ground cloth or cover.
5. Something for a hot drink, coffee, tea, cocoa.
6. Four ounce bottle of pure grain alcohol. Clean a wound, fire starter, or well, drink.
The optimist learns English, a pessimist - Chinese, realist exploring a Kalashnikov rifle.-russian survival website
1911nufsaid wrote:I'm not implying you, or anyone on the forum for that matter, is a 'end of world' nut job.
Woods Walker wrote:If their shit was any tighter the carbon within would be turned to diamonds.
Put me down for M14, XD45 and Pie

s.leinicke

Post by s.leinicke » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:38 pm

Looks good.
I just ditched my kukhri that I was stubbornly holding onto in my BoB. It may make it's way back in. They're just too tacticool to not have.

I suggest checking out this viewtopic.php?f=43&t=23901 and pimping out your FAK. It's always what I suggest friends dump their money into when starting their bags. Once you hit food, water and shelter, first aid in an emergency situation is important. You can get adequate food, water and shelter with about 50 bucks.
I just picked up a combat casualty blanket here and I like it so far. It's like a tarp that heat reflects.

Your backpack is way more gray than mine. If it works for you it works.

Return to “Bug Out Gear”