Emberlit Sprongs Spoon/fork/tongs coming soon

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Emberlit Sprongs Spoon/fork/tongs coming soon

Post by ineffableone » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:09 pm

I just saw this video and thought I would share. Sounds like a useful product.

Kickstarter campaign. Another video on this page discussing the product.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... king-and-e

I am looking forward to the metal versions, seems like a pretty cool idea for some camp cutlery.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

111t

Re: Emberlit Sprongs Spoon/fork/tongs coming soon

Post by 111t » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:22 am

I contributed to the plastic version kick starter. I'm really interested in the metal version too. The plastic version got funded so it's just a matter of time till they hit the market. The inventor said that there will be another campaign for the metal ones. It seems like a pretty clever idea. Supposedly the plastic ones are going to be fiberglass nylon which is a good material for tongs. Hopefully the connection point will hold up over time. Materials science are a big part of these designs. Just look at the lmf spork. The large flat area in the middle works great with metal... But it's a failure point with lexan. A slightly different shape in the middle would solve all the problems.
All the best!
-Paul

"A rifle behind every blade of grass?"
"No, but any blade of grass"

Ferrocerium...You know how to spell it... This is how you pronounce it...[fer-oh-seer-ee-uhm]
Bushcraft/Dayhiking Kit
Three season 72 Hour Kit
Ledmark alcohol cookset!!!
New Production Kerosene Pressure Stoves!!!
Car Emergency Preparedness Kit

Return to “Bug Out Gear”