Has anyone ever heard of the Snow Lizard phone cases?

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

ASAPVENENO

Has anyone ever heard of the Snow Lizard phone cases?

Post by ASAPVENENO » Mon May 18, 2015 8:41 pm

So I recently found this. Its water proof, rugged, solar panel on the back and has an integrated battery (posting as URLs since I can't figure out how to resize and such :? ).
iPhone 6 (soon to be released)
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0537/ ... _black.png
Galaxy S5
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0537/ ... _black.png
iPad 4 (no solar panel though :cry: )
http://www.staples-3p.com/s7/is/image/S ... ?$splssku$

I think these cases would make an excellent survival tool.

I'm surprised that I didn't find anything related to this with the search tool, so :awesome:

Woods Walker
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: Has anyone ever heard of the Snow Lizard phone cases?

Post by Woods Walker » Wed May 20, 2015 5:09 pm

Looks spammy but will review this later as it's gear related aka on topic for this sub forum.

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing"
"Do not mess with the forces of Nature, for thou art small and biodegradable!"

Best of Woods Walker's posts.

ASAPVENENO

Post by ASAPVENENO » Wed May 20, 2015 9:17 pm

Don't worry, I'm not a bot or trying to advertise. Just someone who found something cool :mrgreen:

Boom40mm

Post by Boom40mm » Thu May 21, 2015 8:54 am

The spammish feeling is probably because you just joined and posted a new product within your first two posts.

ASAPVENENO

Post by ASAPVENENO » Thu May 21, 2015 12:25 pm

Boom40mm wrote:The spammish feeling is probably because you just joined and posted a new product within your first two posts.
:oops:

Oh well. At least this wasn't my first post :)

Woods Walker
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Woods Walker » Thu May 21, 2015 11:09 pm

Well then. :lol: Taking the OP's gusto into account I will give the benefit of the doubt and leave this thread intact.

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing"
"Do not mess with the forces of Nature, for thou art small and biodegradable!"

Best of Woods Walker's posts.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Thu May 21, 2015 11:20 pm

Gotta say I like the design, I like the solar, though I doubt it'll really do much, but every bit counts right? Might check them out when I upgrade. Unfortunately I'm an iPhone whore (had them since day one.... literally), so I'll probably be getting the iPhone7bazzillion(minus 3 years because its apple :rofl:) when it comes out this fall. Might check out this case maker to see if they have one for the new one.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

sventhewarrior
Favorite Zombie Movies: Anything by George Romero

Post by sventhewarrior » Fri May 22, 2015 9:36 pm

Looks heavy, awkward to hold, and the solar panel wouldn't be especially useful. For one thing, how often do you leave your phone out in the sun? Most people keep theirs in their pocket, or in their hand. I suspect that this is trying to do too much, and therefore won't do it well.

airmandan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by airmandan » Sun May 31, 2015 6:11 am

I had one of these for the iPhone 4. It did have a solar charger, and was a pretty damn good case. Three main issues that I noticed. First, the hinge and latch on the phone started cracking early on, which resulted in the latch finally breaking off. I just duct taped it shut after that. Secondly, there was no earphone jack, and it pretty well muffles up the speakers and microphone on the phone, so making calls was a pain. Thirdly, as noted by others, it's a chunky case, but it seemed pretty well built.

Frank

Post by Frank » Sun May 31, 2015 11:18 am

sventhewarrior wrote:Looks heavy, awkward to hold, and the solar panel wouldn't be especially useful. For one thing, how often do you leave your phone out in the sun? Most people keep theirs in their pocket, or in their hand. I suspect that this is trying to do too much, and therefore won't do it well.
Leaving your phone in direct sunlight isn't something I'd recommend (especially in AZ) but you could always set it out in the sun while backpacking or whatever then attach and charge you phone when you're ready to use it.
KentsOkay wrote:Love how a thread on hiking somehow ends up with twisted balls and lubricating your body in animal grease.
aus.templar wrote:this thread keeps getting worse... or better, I'm not quite sure

sventhewarrior
Favorite Zombie Movies: Anything by George Romero

Post by sventhewarrior » Sun May 31, 2015 1:21 pm

A separate solar panel/battery would be just as good for that, and you wouldn't have to carry the whole thing around with you all the time. Better to have a small, light case, and a separate solar panel.

Return to “Bug Out Gear”