USMC Multicam Fannypack?

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

moab

USMC Multicam Fannypack?

Post by moab » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:04 pm

Anyone seen or used one of these? Is this legit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-custom-EDC-Fa ... 25a493302f

"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

moab

Re: USMC Multicam Fannypack?

Post by moab » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:15 pm

Like always answering my own questions. I've seen original coyote ones like this. But this is a copy made in Poland. PRetty cool fannypack though. I want one.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:33 pm

Warbelt with an ILBE lid makes a decent fanny pack.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Robbie in ME

Post by Robbie in ME » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:28 pm

get a CSM large http://csmgear.com/cgi-bin/imcart/displ ... us=&title= or regular http://csmgear.com/cgi-bin/imcart/displ ... us=&title= if you are looking for a nut ruck. The large I believe was specifically made as an E&E pouch/bag. I have both you will find a use for them IFAK,E&E, range crap etc.

Blackdog

Post by Blackdog » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:40 am

I have what looks to be about the same item. f memory serves me right got it off ebay so no guarantee that it is "real". The construction is good and I have used it a bit, most often when I wander from camp to haul my now wife mandated PLB and some other lost in the woods junk.

ImageImageImage
Luck is stupid as a cow
and blind as a bat

AS556
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead ('04),28 Days Later,Shaun of the Dead,Zombieland

Post by AS556 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:50 am

Eagle is the real deal as far as quality goes and the design itself may very well be authentic USMC but AFAIK the Marines have never issued Multicam gear so I doubt it's an actual issue item. Could be wrong, doesn't really matter who issued it, looks to be a solid piece of kit.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:29 am

This the kind of fanny pack you're looking for???

They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:18 pm

IANMCDEVITT

Post by IANMCDEVITT » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:45 pm

It looks like an EMDOM one. I have two of them and use 'em now and then for specific shit. I have a CSM pack also. It's bigger, made real well, and could probably take a full size short gun plus. I use it more like a sling around my torso for when I'm kneeling down with patient's on the ground. Eagle is great quality shit though. The CSM is heavy duty also. the EMDOMS are OK, just a little small, I think I have a Kel-Tec .380 and a walther .32 in there with some extra ammo. That's what an EMDOM can take.

moab

Post by moab » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:42 pm

IANMCDEVITT wrote:It looks like an EMDOM one. I have two of them and use 'em now and then for specific shit. I have a CSM pack also. It's bigger, made real well, and could probably take a full size short gun plus. I use it more like a sling around my torso for when I'm kneeling down with patient's on the ground. Eagle is great quality shit though. The CSM is heavy duty also. the EMDOMS are OK, just a little small, I think I have a Kel-Tec .380 and a walther .32 in there with some extra ammo. That's what an EMDOM can take.
I normally carry a MOLLE waistpack in multicam. And a recon chestrig in multicam from HPG. The waistpack is huge inside. It's basically my EDC while hiking or bugging out. I keep a mini version of my INCH inside it. In case I'm ever separated from my pack for whatever reason.

I will say that crye multicam webbing is the shit. It's like billboard material if you've ever held that in your hand. Feels like it will never wear out. And will handle any stresses you might need to put on it. I have it on my Arteryx Khyber 80 backpack as well. IT's very light weight. But more rugged than most. IMHO. Amazing stuff.

Return to “Bug Out Gear”