Thought you guys might get a kick out of this....

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

dunamis
ZS Member
ZS Member

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this....

Post by dunamis » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:12 pm

Here's 8 front zip Cargo Hangers (4 lg., 4 med.) attached to a Duplex frame over top of an X-ray. That's about 6,500 ci with just the Cargo Hangers alone. :awesome:

aikorob

Re: Thought you guys might get a kick out of this....

Post by aikorob » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:44 pm

you know.....most shops have a nice display table, or shelves, or hang stuff on the wall---not many will gather their entire inventory and come to you!

nice example of the possibilities with your system
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

maldon007
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most of the older stuff, newer stuff just doesnt cut it fsr...

Post by maldon007 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:45 pm

That's the pack you wear with this loadout- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrAIFP2pfew

Black Sheep
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days, Tetsuo, Redneck Zombies, Braindead, Dawn remake, Return of the Living Dead, Evil Dead, Matango, The Quick and the Undead, The Last Man on Earth, Wild Zero!

Post by Black Sheep » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:13 pm

Sorry to be that guy, but what is the hexagon camo pattern? Couldn't find it on google...
Fear? I know not fear. There are only moments of confusion. Some of them are deeply stamped on my memory and a few will haunt me forever. Hunter S. Thompson

Eschew the monumental. Shun the Epic. All the guys who can paint great big pictures can paint great small ones. Ernest Hemingway

dunamis
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by dunamis » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:19 pm

aikorob wrote:you know.....most shops have a nice display table, or shelves, or hang stuff on the wall---not many will gather their entire inventory and come to you!

nice example of the possibilities with your system
Thanks! :D
maldon007 wrote:That's the pack you wear with this loadout- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrAIFP2pfew
That was good for a few laughs! Thanks for the link (those guys must be really, really bored.....)
Black Sheep wrote:Sorry to be that guy, but what is the hexagon camo pattern? Couldn't find it on google...
It's called Kryptek. They have the same pattern in different shades. This particular one is called Highlander.

wpick

Post by wpick » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:21 pm

What's that question George Carlin had about God making a rock so big that even God could not pick it up?

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:51 pm

Talk about an INCH bag, that's an INCH + kitchen sink, cupboards, living room set, and spare bedroom.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

dunamis
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by dunamis » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:16 pm

Here's what the Kifaru X-ray looks like with Dunamis Gear Cargo Hangers (medium front zip version: 13"x7"x5"). I'm also going to picture it with some small front zips (which are 12"x5"x4") as soon as I get them made. Also shown here is the little strap kit I made to attach the X-ray to the Duplex frame. The waist belt straps plugged in perfect to the buckles on the XR.

A medium front zip CH fits perfect attached to the loops that hold the rectangle slot buckles in the bottom of the X-ray.

Also fits on top or bottom.

******I'll have to post the rest of the pics later. Photobucket is schizing out on me******

dunamis
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by dunamis » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:32 pm

OK. PB working now. That program gets real wanky sometimes. I guess from all the traffic. Anyway, here's how I connected the XR to the frame.

All the compression straps on the XR are removable. So, I removed the bottom ones (which are usually connected to the outside rectangles) and slid them through the inner rectangles on the bottom of the pack where they would be in line with the connections on the frame. (Shown connected to the rectangles on the frame).

This is the upper compression strap on the XR which normally hooks into the rectangle right beneath where it is shown connected. The triangle on the frame is normally for the cargo chair or grab-it.

In the first pic, you can see where the straps from the bottom connect to some adjustable female buckles on the front. These are the bottom compression straps which normally plug into female slot buckles attached to the loops at the bottom front seam (I removed them). These are the only parts of the system I actually had to make. The rest is stock components.

The configuration for the Duplex belt is the same for the delta straps on the Omni, so the fit was perfect.

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:07 pm

Rather than attaching all those exterior pouches you need the
Flextrek Whipsnake pack
for all serious bug out needs. :wink: :clap:

Just a little joking around, looks cool how you attached all the extra gear.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

dunamis
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by dunamis » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:33 pm

ineffableone wrote:Rather than attaching all those exterior pouches you need the
Flextrek Whipsnake pack
for all serious bug out needs. :wink: :clap:

Just a little joking around, looks cool how you attached all the extra gear.
Yeah, I've seen that video before! It's flipping hilarious!

Return to “Bug Out Gear”