It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:21 pm 

johnnymorgan3 wrote:
Some other thoughts. Have a way to sling your gun across your chest and carry it that way. It doesn't do any good on your back and side saddle. Carrying in in a non-deployable position is fine if you're in an area you're 99.9% sure you won't encounter another person, but how often will you be in those places? I would imagine you have some sort of sling already, but is it easily adjustable and does it have a quick disconnect? I would recommend something that either attaches to your LBE by a single point sling on the butt-stock or a single point sling that you wear under your pack and is attached to the rifle where the buffer tube meets the rifle (there are all sort of sling mounts for that purpose). Also, incorporating a military style fanny pack. That way you're carry some more essentials on your person and your balancing out the wraith a little more towards your front. I personally like these (see link).

http://www.t3gear.com/t3-tactical-fanny-pack/

I didn't even think to post a pic of a sling, lol. I normally run the AR with a unpadded 2 point Viking Tactics QD sling. I have been training lately with a Troy Industries single point, but I just can't seem to like it. It's great for transitions, but I still prefer the functionality and rapid adjustability of the the VTAC.

Also just a quick FYI, the Kifaru Gunbearer is designed for rapid deployment. It's one of the reason I went with it and after training with it, its literally one of my favorite pieces of gear for running a rifle with a pack. I like that my hands are free and the rifle weight is supported by the waistbelt. The gun doesn't flop around at all and its right there when I need it :D .

For those interested here is a quick vid (not mine) on how the gunbearer works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU6_wacglxw

Hectic Hardwear - Morale Patches
moralepatches.com
Follow on facebook

offcamber's INCH Bag thread

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:18 pm 

I checked out the link. The Gunbearer seems like a neat product. I'm glad you found a sling that works for you.

Have you thought about shortening the barrel of your rifle? You can legally shorten the length, as long as the muzzle device is pinned and welded and the total length is at least 16 inches. This will save you about 1.5 inches, making the rifle a little more maneuverable. Alternatively you can go the Class 3 route and actually make it a Short Barreled Rifle (SBR). I have and I'm really happy with it. I also have a suppressor for it, making the overall length only slightly longer than the original rifle.

Also, have you considered body armor? You have the equipment to do damage, but what about taking damage? Hopefully that would never even become an issue, but like any fight, even if you win, you tend to take a few blows. I know that it would add a lot of weight, but I think at least one previous poster said there is probably some stuff you could do without (you seem to have a lot of redundancies). It seems like you have a decent income since I'm pretty sure your bag is at least a couple grand worth of stuff, not including your weapons. If you can afford it, I would recommend some kind of armor. Soft armor is a good way to start. I'd recommend level 3A made from Kevlar or Twaron (same thing different brand names) in BALC/SPEAR cut, since that seems to be the most common. I've been looking at this for myself (see link). I'd also recommend adding some ceramic plates if you don't think it would be too much weight. I'd go with steel if it were purely for home defense since it's multi hit (unlike ceramic, which is one and done). Ceramic is much lighter than steel, but steel is more resilient. There are hybrid plates too.

http://www.skdtac.com/Paraclete-LVBC-Lo ... ar.105.htm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:03 pm 

Thanks for taking the time to write this up and post all of the pictures!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:35 pm 

KentuckyRifleman wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to write this up and post all of the pictures!

No problem KR, thanks for looking!

I've made some changes to the loadout based on some suggestions from this post as well as trying to cut some weight, I'll try to update with more recent pics soon.

Also, Per Woodswalker's recommendations earlier in the thread, I upgraded my solar panel/rechargeables to some really nice Goal Zero gear, as well as stepped up to some Nimh Panasonic Eneloop batteries. These things are great and I should have switched over much sooner.

Hectic Hardwear - Morale Patches
moralepatches.com
Follow on facebook

offcamber's INCH Bag thread

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:08 pm 

Got those new pics? Any changes you made based on suggestions here?

Post subject: Re: offcamber's INCH
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:50 pm 

bacpacjac wrote:
Woods Walker wrote:
I use a Sawvivor however the company is no longer around.

Woods needs no seconders, but I'll second this recommendation anyway. I love mine. Lightweight, easy to use, and very effective.

This... I bought the sawvivor about 10 years ago and its amazing. I only have one blade which is finally showing it age and i need a new one but since i cant find anymore I might have to go wioth a new saw, probably a Sven Saw.

Your electronics/gear repair pouch. What is it? I like that folding mesh design.

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:55 pm 

Can we necro this post? I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to see some updated pics and hear about which recommendations you incorporated into your setup.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:33 pm 

johnnymorgan3 wrote:
Can we necro this post? I'm sure I'm not the only one that would like to see some updated pics and hear about which recommendations you incorporated into your setup.

His last visited Oct 9, so it seems reasonable to want a thread necro. You may even want to PM him and ask if he would be interested in updating. I'm sure you are not the only one interested in knowing what more hr had done.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:44 pm 

Interested too.

"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:56 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I'very been meaning to call him. I'll mention this thread.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5