Best Drybag

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

unifyzero

Best Drybag

Post by unifyzero » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:39 pm

I swear I saw a thread about this a long time ago, but I can't find anything now... If there is something please point me to it, so I can ditch this!

What drybag would you suggest for use in a BOB? It looks like SeaLine has some good stuff, but is there something better for the price?
"The most difficult thing about planning against the Americans, is that they do not read their own doctrine, and they would feel no particular obligation to follow it if they did."
-Admiral Sergei I. Gorshkov, father of the Russian blue water navy

"Well, says No-Bark, we got a chupacabra with an automatic weapon"
- No-Bark, FO:NV

Hoipoloi

Re: Best Drybag

Post by Hoipoloi » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:51 pm

Do SeaLine only make dry bags made of vinyl?
I tried to steer clear of vinyl as it is heavier and less supple than Exped PU coated taffeta nylon. The Exped ones are easier to stuff in a rucksack but if you expect a lot of water crossings of canoe/kayak travel then vinyl ones such as Orlieb is probably better.

74 or more
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by 74 or more » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:20 pm

They make nylon ones too:

http://www.rei.com/product/813632/seall ... -10-liters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Montani Semper Liberi
"There is no bad Bourbon, only better Bourbon"
"If I cannot smoke cigars in heaven, I shall not go" -Mark Twain

My EDC/GHB

Brotherbadger
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Curse of the Cannibal Confederates(so terrible it's great)

Post by Brotherbadger » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:49 pm

Sealine, sea to summit and outdoor research are all dry bags I've used. They are all GTG. OR is a little cheaper than the other two.
Doc Torr wrote:You forgot to add that birdshot only hurts badguys, so you can bounce it off the floor, walls, or even yourself for nonlethal takedowns. Load some beanbags and dragon's Breath too, because you shouldn't stop shooting until they're on fire.

zoiders

Post by zoiders » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:00 pm

My every day carry bag is a dry bag.

http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?tar ... ory_id=295" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not 100% dry of course as it's got straps and what not but it simply does not leak just getting rained on, even when cycling and caught in a downpour. Double up with with a simply heavy duty poly bag inside or smaller dry bags as a divider and it is good enough for river crossings.

Return to “Bug Out Gear”