Tactical gloves

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

NapalmMan67

Re: Tactical gloves

Post by NapalmMan67 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:06 pm

teotwaki wrote:
tony d tiger wrote:What's that first glove?

Here is a cool way to figure out some picture IDs

Right click on the image and use "Copy image location"

Paste the information into a blank word document, message, or search bar and examine the URL for clues:

https://i2.wp.com/www.gearassistant.com ... =300%2C300

https://i2.wp.com/www.gearassistant.com ... 2018/02/[b]Outdoor-Research-Splitter-work-gloves[/b].jpg?resize=300%2C300

Or not. No "Copy Image Location" option available when I right click on pictures.

But, I am technologically challenged (old dog, new tricks thing). So, I find it easier to ask as well should I want to know about something.
Always have a buddy and a backup plan!

moab

Post by moab » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:19 pm

I'm gonna post this again. These are really great gloves. And they have the loop.

"I've got mechanix. and nicer voodoo tactical leather. But for slightly heavier leather gloves that can double as tactical gloves these are great. They look like shit in the picture. And they aren't actually black. They're a dark green. Which I prefer. Some oil and/or alcohol and they soften up nice. And for 14 bucks you can't beat it. It's worth a try. I've got two pairs. And they won't wear out anytime soon. Maybe never. The inside palm is doubled split leather. Unless I end up in a warzone or decide to hang some barbed wire.

I buy them in my size and a size larger so I can put wool inserts on inside.

http://www.fortbraggsurplus.us/Light-Du ... -glove.htm "
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:09 pm

tony d tiger wrote:What's that first glove?
teotwaki wrote:
henrikventzel wrote:So I have also had several pairs of Mechanix and they have seldom disappointed me but you should really take in to consideration what you are going to use your tactical gloves for and also the weather conditions in which you are using them.
Like in the winter when it's really cold I use BLACKHAWK EXTREME COLD WEATHER OPERATIONS GLOVES and during summer it' either fingerless Mechanix or Mechanix Tactical M-pact Coyotei. Here you have a good overview of the different scenarios and options: https://tacticalsergeant.com/best-tactical-gloves/

Thanks for the link! They overlooked one small detail: the carabiner loop

Mountain climbing taught me that gloves, water bottles and even spoons will disappear if not securely attached and the same goes for field operations. Recently I was moving through dense underbrush and somehow those devilish bushes unclipped the spring steel belt clip on my ESEE knife sheath and dropped it and the knife to the ground. Water bottles can fall and roll away and gusts of wind can blow a glove off a cliff so securely fastening such things is key.

If the gloves I buy don't have the loop on them I sew one in using paracord.

Commercial examples:

Some gloves have a reinforced hole for clipping in.

Cold weather gloves should have a loop sewn on the ring finger such that when the glove is hanging it does not fill with snow.
That's pretty neat . But when it's cold and I have to take off my gloves to do something ( ever try reaching into your front pocket with cold weather gloves to grab something small . Change, a single key ect ) I put the gloves inside my jacket. I've found that even in a jacket side pocket the gloves cool off quickly and then offer no warmth for many minutes when you put them back on. At four in the morning with a thirty MPH wind blowing the snow at minus zero degrees... I kinda hate that.
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:30 pm

flybynight wrote: That's pretty neat . But when it's cold and I have to take off my gloves to do something ( ever try reaching into your front pocket with cold weather gloves to grab something small . Change, a single key ect ) I put the gloves inside my jacket. I've found that even in a jacket side pocket the gloves cool off quickly and then offer no warmth for many minutes when you put them back on. At four in the morning with a thirty MPH wind blowing the snow at minus zero degrees... I kinda hate that.

My name brand mountaineering insulated jackets have an open top pocket inside the jacket on left and right sudes for stowing gloves. A lot of the early PCU gear had the inside pockets but don't know if the newest gens do.
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

Dabster

Post by Dabster » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:04 pm

Can't believe that Magpul has gotten into the glove business. You'd think there would be enough rifle and pistol accessories for them to work on...

Anyone tried them yet?
Shiney side out... Shiney side out...

gary83

Post by gary83 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:56 am

I'm very happy with my SKD Alpha FDT. Durable and comfy.

Return to “Bug Out Gear”