Rush 72 help

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Bag color

Black
35%
Tac OD
65%

Total votes: 17

Nickthezombiehunter

Rush 72 help

Post by Nickthezombiehunter » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:01 pm

So I have decided to pull the trigger on a 5.11 rush 72 for a new BOB coming out of a kelty backpack. So my first issue is that I can't decide on a color. I go back and forth between black and tac OD. So this has been going on for about a week with each day being a different color choice than the day before. So I figured I would reach out here and see what kind of feedback the ZS community had since I can't decide. Each have pros. Cost is a non issue between the two colors. AO is greater Houston and East Texas as a whole. So don't suggest tan. Also if anyone has this pack and you have any constructive feedback, advice or tips please share.
Thanks
-N

Qasim

Re: Rush 72 help

Post by Qasim » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:05 pm

I own black. It is fine, and does not attract attention when I travel. Tac OD or Coyote brown will show less dirt, that is the main advantage over black IMHO. I think coyote brown is the cooler color, IMO and I might get a bag in it if I needed to replace mine but I'm not suggesting brown to you since you said not to suggest it, I'm just sharing my opinion. :D

Its a good bag, just remember what pocket you put something into, there are many. It is good for internally organizing a BOB, however.

estoteparati

Post by estoteparati » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:07 am

BLACK... Because it looks tougher.. :o

Torvald
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days, Fido, Shawn of the Dead, Resident Evil, Army of Darkness (may not count)

Post by Torvald » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:27 pm

estoteparati wrote:BLACK... Because it looks tougher.. :o
And Ninja swords come in black

Obscenejesster

Post by Obscenejesster » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:38 pm

I'm a sucker for 5.11's Sandstone Color. I have a Rush 72, Rush 12, MOAB 6 and a All Hazards Prime. All but the Rush 12 are Sandstone.

My 72 serves as my BOB. I first purchased it as a work/EDC bag but it was just to damn big. I then purchased the Rush 12 for an EDC bag which worked out well until I purchased a 17" gaming laptop. It obviously wouldn't fit. This was around the time that 5.11 was releasing a new bag called the "All Hazards Prime" so I purchased it to replace my Rush 12 as a EDC. In my opinion, it is their most thought out and best bag to date. I love the two large compartments and it just feels extremely nice on your back.

Lastly, I purchased the MOAB 6 so I could attach it to the Rush 12 and turn it into a decent BOB for my wife.
I'm not done purchasing 5.11 bags as I believe they are a very good value.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

uncleben03

Post by uncleben03 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:38 pm

I have one that I keep in the back of my Wrangler. It's been back there for a couple years just getting beat up. I shut the waist belt buckle in the tailgate one time, 5.11 sent me 2 new sets for free. Mine is the FDE/coyote, whatever they're calling it these days. I think you'll really like it. The only point I make to people that want one is, you can very easily overload it. It is a massive bag. And although the straps are comfortable, you can still definitely load it too heavy for them.

I voted OD, btw.
BobtheBreaker wrote:Paramedics must have been pissed! trying to lift that guy onto the gurney with his massive brass stones weighing everything down.
Heks wrote:engagement ring.... is that a MOLLE accessory?

badasp118
Favorite Zombie Movies: walking dead, zombie land,

Post by badasp118 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:47 pm

anymore it seems like everyone wears black backpacks or briefcases. no one ever looks when I carry a black backpack. lol

Return to “Bug Out Gear”