Show off your Get Home Bag

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Maverick299

Show off your Get Home Bag

Post by Maverick299 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:19 pm

I am in the process of re-doing my get home bag and was looking for some ideas. Post up some pics and/or gear lists of yours and help me get mine back together. Thanks!!!!!
The Devil's always smiling when I pass by.

Badger24
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later

Re: Show off your Get Home Bag

Post by Badger24 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:59 pm

I have been working on this too for awhile. I could not decide what to put stuff in.
Finally decided on the perfect bag for me. I went with a BDS Tactical medium gear bag.
They go on sale occasionally, right now for $78. Nice quality & built in the USA. They do make them to order so expect it to take some time.
I am very happy with this bag though, seems to be very well built.

NaturalMystic

Post by NaturalMystic » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:19 pm

I've been using a duffel bag that i got from the company i was working for for the last couple years. it was more of an emergency car kit than anything else. I got a Kelty Redwing 3100 on close out from Campmor that's been sitting in my basement since I got it. Finally decided to change up the kit with some better clothes (quick dry underwear, t shirts and merino wool socks) and organize them all in individual pouches.
I just repacked it all yesterday so no pics yet. Now I just have to streamline my EDC/BOB pack as its a bit heavier than I'd like. There's quite a bit of stuff I've been carrying for the last few years that I've never had to use so I'm wondering if I should just remove them and maybe put them in my Kelty car/GHB instead.

Nigel
Sent from my iPad4 using Tapatalk

Aceman
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, Shock Waves, Night of the Living Dead (original), and Shawn of the Dead - oh heck - I like them all!

Post by Aceman » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:37 pm

I don't have a GHB/BOB. I have my main "bag" plus additional layers, depending on the situation. But usually:

Containing

More photos coming - Photbucket is spazzing at the moment...

And my main survival pouch

And sometimes

Last edited by Aceman on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mags
Favorite Zombie Movies: *cough*not a zombie*cough* "Dog Soldiers" Just watch it. I'm sure this crowd will approve!

Post by Mags » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:41 pm

An older version of my GHB is at the top of Pg 8 of my BOB Thread. LINKY: http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... &start=168" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MAGS BOB THREAD: http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 14&t=41853" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MAGS MED THREAD: http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 43&t=42670" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MAGS FOOD THREAD: http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 0&t=104784" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Well, for me, the action is the juice..........I'm in."

OpelBlitz
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by OpelBlitz » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:46 pm

Aceman wrote:And sometimes

<snip>
Aceman, could you tell me a little about that blade? :)
Jeriah wrote:Honestly, I kind of enjoy getting my ass kicked by a big gun. It's fun, in a rough sex with a wolverine on a roller coaster kind of way.
Greg Focker wrote:
OpelBlitz wrote:BTW there's no "i" in Daley. :)
But there is an 'i' in "corrupt sack of shit" :wink:
http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/errors.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Errors in English Usage

koolaidND
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 weeks, 28 days, resident evil series, zombieland

Post by koolaidND » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:14 pm

Mine is a Kifaru Express.
[img]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/19/mu3a3umu.jpg[/img]]

I don't really have a fixed content list as the bag doubles as my EDC bag. It always has the following
-change of clothes
-2 grabber space blankets.
-expanded PSK
- Nalgene. Usually I have an extra 1 liter platypus which I store empty.
-lunch for the day
-extra gloves/mittens/hat depending on season
-extra light jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are people who are pissed off every day I wake up alive...that also makes me happy. - Raptor.

74 or more
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by 74 or more » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:18 pm

My GHB and EDC are in my sig. Beware, it's pic heavy
Montani Semper Liberi
"There is no bad Bourbon, only better Bourbon"
"If I cannot smoke cigars in heaven, I shall not go" -Mark Twain

My EDC/GHB

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:35 am

I'm going to get you a reply with pics one of these days Mav. Mines on the 'excessive' end of the spectrum :lol:
In process of shoring up many things, this will be one of them, but I'll share it in its current state.
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

gitarmac
Favorite Zombie Movies: I am legend
28 days later

Post by gitarmac » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:14 am

All the bags look new and unused in this thread. If you never have to use your stuff it's probably the wrong stuff.
"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." – H.L. Mencken

K9medic

Post by K9medic » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:08 pm

Here is a link to mine. It is a Get home stuck in car kit aimed at UK winters (wet cold and snowy).

http://www.p2s-prepared2survive.co.uk/s ... hp?t=16395" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"small tin of sardines with easy ringpull (I don't understand why, but I carry it)" Redstain

koolaidND
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 weeks, 28 days, resident evil series, zombieland

Post by koolaidND » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:01 pm

gitarmac wrote:All the bags look new and unused in this thread. If you never have to use your stuff it's probably the wrong stuff.
I use my Kifaru everyday so i find your comment is out of line. Some of us don't need to drag our packs through the mid to prove they get use.

You always know your gear is good working order if its kept in a clean manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are people who are pissed off every day I wake up alive...that also makes me happy. - Raptor.

74 or more
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by 74 or more » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:55 am

gitarmac wrote:All the bags look new and unused in this thread. If you never have to use your stuff it's probably the wrong stuff.
Aside from my SOL bivy, I use the hell out of all that stuff so I'm not quite sure where you getting "new and unused" form.
Montani Semper Liberi
"There is no bad Bourbon, only better Bourbon"
"If I cannot smoke cigars in heaven, I shall not go" -Mark Twain

My EDC/GHB

bacpacjac
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Resident Evil, I Am Legend, Shaun of the Dea, Army of Darkness, Dawn of the Dead

Post by bacpacjac » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:55 am

Mine's a re-work in process. I've had some pretty big life changes in recent months that have changed my risks and needs. I've got lots of dirt time with the contents of this kit, just not in the past 9 months or so. ;). I'm looking forward to getting back out there again in the next week or so.

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 4&t=105800" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“This is the part in the movie where that guy says, "Zombies? What zombies?" just before they eat his brains. I don't want to be that guy.” ― Holly Black, Kin

My Woods Bumming Kit / My Day Hike Pack/GHB / My Personal BOB / Our Family BOB / My Youtube Channel

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Boondock » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:13 pm

I'm still using this urban/suburban set up, which I've copied and pasted from last fall's Chicago EDC thread and used in the FMBO contest:

Here's my EDC/GHB kit, it's not intended for a roughly 40-mile hike to the suburbs. The gear is what could sustain me if I must overnight at a friend's or hotel due to weather, am stuck in a building that's locked down, or faced with public utility or transportation shut down.

These knickknacks are stored in the soap dish: Post-It notes; Bic lighter wrapped w/ 2 ft. duct tape; flash drive; Inova flash/strobe light; whistle; tiny SAK; needle, thread and safety pins; house key; P-38 can opener; compass; $67 cash and $2 quarters.

There's also a 0.5 liter Sigg bottle and a draw-string stuff sack. Note: This kit is set up so I'm able to pass through security checkpoints and comply with regulations on campus or in state and federal government buildings. I leave home wearing seasonal-appropriate clothing.

The kit also includes: Street map; marker; first kit and meds; hand sanitizer; hygiene items; snacks, coffee, condiments and candies.

And a Marmot rain jacket, moisture wicking T-shirt, boxers, USGI socks; and a bandanna.

The contents of the kit are sealed in Ziplock bags and fit in the stuff sack. I often use my Spec-Ops bag as my EDC/GHB pack.

Last edited by Boondock on Mon May 27, 2013 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Red_Snow
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead (Who can't enjoy the zombie fish?)

Post by Red_Snow » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:35 pm

Does this count? I take it everywhere with me, am never more then walking distance from it, and it is definitely my means of getting home if TSHTF...

There is a backpack and a pelican case both full of survival gear stowed in there amongst the rest of the gear somewhere.
Our world is on the verge of a temporal displacement, and it will be humanity that falls victim to the repercussions. The few humans remaining desperately search for answers to their infinitesimal existence.

Return to “Bug Out Gear”