Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

moab

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by moab » Thu May 27, 2021 3:22 pm

this thread is dead.
With ZS shutting down these forums on July 1st many of us have moved to a brand new site:

www.ufozs.com

See everyone there!

"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

woodsghost
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by woodsghost » Thu May 27, 2021 4:06 pm

moab wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 3:22 pm
this thread is dead.
Well, I suppose I could post up what I've been buying, but none of it is "deals." It's all just "decent MSRP" kinda stuff.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

PistolPete
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Fri May 28, 2021 9:19 am

Rescue Essentials is having a 15% off memorial day sale. It's a great place to buy first aid supplies if you need any.
https://www.rescue-essentials.com/
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

MacWa77ace
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Fri May 28, 2021 9:54 am

Midway has free shipping going on right now, and a sale on Magpul M2 mags. I just bought 10 this morning for 99.99 and a Walkers Razor slim Punisher edition for $36. All shipping free.

I only needed 6 more mags but that a good deal on that 10 pak.
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Fri May 28, 2021 11:00 am

MacWa77ace wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 9:54 am
Midway has free shipping going on right now, and a sale on Magpul M2 mags. I just bought 10 this morning for 99.99 and a Walkers Razor slim Punisher edition for $36. All shipping free.

I'll take those 4 extra off your hands, no problem. A little early for my birthday but I have ~300 rounds of IMI M855 looking for magazines so that would help. :mrgreen:
With ZS shutting down these forums on July 1st most of the cool kids have moved to a brand new site:

www.ufozs.com

It's not ZS, it's ... different. 8-)

See you there!

MacWa77ace
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by MacWa77ace » Fri May 28, 2021 12:19 pm

NT2C wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 11:00 am
MacWa77ace wrote:

I'll take those 4 extra off your hands, no problem. A little early for my birthday but I have ~300 rounds of IMI M855 looking for magazines so that would help. :mrgreen:
This reminds me of the 'How many mags are enough' thread. See I buy mags to fill empty pouches, just got 6. Enough is when all my pouches are full. Sounds like you're of the school of 'all ammo should be in mags'. LOL

I'll probably get 4 more pouches eventually.
Lifetime gamer watch at:

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Fri May 28, 2021 1:30 pm

MacWa77ace wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 12:19 pm
NT2C wrote:
MacWa77ace wrote:

This reminds me of the 'How many mags are enough' thread. See I buy mags to fill empty pouches, just got 6. Enough is when all my pouches are full. Sounds like you're of the school of 'all ammo should be in mags'. LOL

It's easier to carry in mags because, well, you can get cool pouches for them. Try that with an ammo can, it just don't work. The only "pouches" big enough for them are usually called rucks, because trying to carry a full ammo can in one sucks and that rhymes.
With ZS shutting down these forums on July 1st most of the cool kids have moved to a brand new site:

www.ufozs.com

See you there!

MacWa77ace
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by MacWa77ace » Fri May 28, 2021 2:54 pm

What comes first the mag or the mag pouch?
NT2C wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 1:30 pm
MacWa77ace wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 12:19 pm
NT2C wrote:
MacWa77ace wrote:

It's easier to carry in mags because, well, you can get cool pouches for them. Try that with an ammo can, it just don't work. The only "pouches" big enough for them are usually called rucks, because trying to carry a full ammo can in one sucks and that rhymes.
I do that, I just do it from a different angle. But my thought/strategy is that I can fit more ammo in less space in the cans. So its # mag pouches = # mags, and ammo for that, and then lots of extra in the cans. Ammo cache. I have a cool pink Barbie cabinet for the cans. Very masculine. So every mag I have, I have a pouch for and a carrier of some kind for every pouch. But I don't stop buying ammo if I run out of mags or I don't buy more mags if I buy more ammo. It's based on Pouches. So if I buy more pouches, then I have to buy more mags, but that doesn't necessarily mean I need any more ammo cause I already have the cache in cans.

I still need 4 M&P 45 10rnd black mags, I'll trade the 4 Magpuls M2 AR mags for those. :wink: [I have 4 empty pistol pouches now also.] No ammo though, I have a ton, in cans.
Lifetime gamer watch at:

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Fri May 28, 2021 3:05 pm

MacWa77ace wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 2:54 pm
I still need 4 M&P 45 10rnd black mags, I'll trade the 4 Magpuls M2 AR mags for those. :wink: [I have 4 empty pistol pouches now also.] No ammo though, I have a ton, in cans.
Yeah, I'll bet you would! Last time I bought any of those for myself they were $35 each. :lol:

www.ufozs.com

See you there!

MacWa77ace
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by MacWa77ace » Fri May 28, 2021 3:44 pm

NT2C wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 3:05 pm
MacWa77ace wrote:
Yeah, I'll bet you would! Last time I bought any of those for myself they were $35 each. :lol:
You need AR mags I need pistol mags, its not about the money when one hand washes the other.

Of course the last time I bought those I got a DEAL. I got 6) 10 rnd mags directly from S&W, refurbished [perfect] for $12 each, on a refurb sale. They emailed me the sale, go figure. I'm just kicking myself for not buying more but I only had 6 empty pistol pouches at the time.

Since then I value all used M&P 45 mags at $12 if they are in great shape. Less if they aren't. That makes it fair when trading NIB magpuls for used M&P mags. :awesome:
Lifetime gamer watch at:

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Fri May 28, 2021 10:43 pm

MacWa77ace wrote:
I do that, I just do it from a different angle. But my thought/strategy is that I can fit more ammo in less space in the cans. So its # mag pouches = # mags, and ammo for that, and then lots of extra in the cans. Ammo cache. I have a cool pink Barbie cabinet for the cans. Very masculine. So every mag I have, I have a pouch for and a carrier of some kind for every pouch. But I don't stop buying ammo if I run out of mags or I don't buy more mags if I buy more ammo. It's based on Pouches. So if I buy more pouches, then I have to buy more mags, but that doesn't necessarily mean I need any more ammo cause I already have the cache in cans.
After reading this, I found that I've been doing the same, just not consciously. If I get a mag carrier, I make sure I have the mags to put in there & the ammo to fill those mags.
Last edited by MPMalloy on Sat May 29, 2021 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moab

Post by moab » Sat May 29, 2021 4:58 pm

20f klymit hybrid down sleeping bag. $78.

https://www.steepandcheap.com/klymit-ks ... XWIluVDvbI
With ZS shutting down these forums on July 1st many of us have moved to a brand new site:

www.ufozs.com

See everyone there!

"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

boskone

Post by boskone » Mon May 31, 2021 11:10 pm

Mountain House has their emergency meal kits running 10-20% off. Still a mite pricey in total, of course.

30-day: 90 meals, $699, $7.77 per
3-month: 270, $2,039, $7.55 per
6-month: 540, $3,999, $7.41 per
1-year: 1080, $7,829 $7.25 per

While the whole kits aren't necessarily bugout deal, the meal packs seem to be bog-regular Mountainhouse meals, and one could save maybe $2-2.50 each.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Mon May 31, 2021 11:18 pm

boskone wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 11:10 pm
Mountain House has their emergency meal kits running 10-20% off. Still a mite pricey in total, of course.

30-day: 90 meals, $699, $7.77 per
3-month: 270, $2,039, $7.55 per
6-month: 540, $3,999, $7.41 per
1-year: 1080, $7,829 $7.25 per

While the whole kits aren't necessarily bugout deal, the meal packs seem to be bog-regular Mountain House meals, and one could save maybe $2-2.50 each.
I found these to be rather tasty back in the mid-80's :)

majorhavoc
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:57 am

Olight I1R 2 Eos keychain flashlight (USB cable included) Amazon Deal of the Day - $12.57

https://smile.amazon.com/Olight-Recharg ... E1V9X0VZ5Q

I literally JUST ordered this (at $15.95 with no USB cable) to replace my trusty Nitecore Tube, the switchgear of which has started becoming glitchy after 5 years of almost daily use. The Olight replacement hadn't even shipped yet so hopefully my cancellation request will go through. Reordered at this sale price obviously.

All aluminum construction, 13 grams, 1.73" length, USB rechargeable, dual 150/5 lumen output modes, Twist cap switch which hopefully will hold up better than the plasticky push button on my Nitecore. If it's built anything like my Olight M2 Warrior, it'll be a big step up on build quality. Notably, IPX8 waterproof rating. This little guy tests very well and to me is the best combination of quality, performance, features, and price.

ETA: meant to say other Olight models are also part of the Amazon DOD promotion: https://smile.amazon.com/deal/ecb7a14f? ... =pd_gw_unk

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:54 am

majorhavoc wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:57 am
Olight I1R 2 Eos keychain flashlight (USB cable included) Amazon Deal of the Day - $12.57

https://smile.amazon.com/Olight-Recharg ... E1V9X0VZ5Q

I literally JUST ordered this (at $15.95 with no USB cable) to replace my trusty Nitecore Tube, the switchgear of which has started becoming glitchy after 5 years of almost daily use. The Olight replacement hadn't even shipped yet so hopefully my cancellation request will go through. Reordered at this sale price obviously.

All aluminum construction, 13 grams, 1.73" length, USB rechargeable, dual 150/5 lumen output modes, Twist cap switch which hopefully will hold up better than the plasticky push button on my Nitecore. If it's built anything like my Olight M2 Warrior, it'll be a big step up on build quality. Notably, IPX8 waterproof rating. This little guy tests very well and to me is the best combination of quality, performance, features, and price.

ETA: meant to say other Olight models are also part of the Amazon DOD promotion: https://smile.amazon.com/deal/ecb7a14f? ... =pd_gw_unk

Olight often gives these bad boys away for free, you just pay $5 shipping. This is why I have one on every set of keys in the house. 8-)

www.ufozs.com

See you there!

majorhavoc
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:20 am

NT2C wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:54 am
majorhavoc wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:57 am

<blah-blah>
Olight often gives these bad boys away for free, you just pay $5 shipping. This is why I have one on every set of keys in the house. 8-)
I've definitely gotten the i3E EOS for $5 shipping, but somehow missed the multiple opportunities to get the far more desirable (IMHO) I1R 2. Oh well; an EDC flashlight is way too important to me on a daily basis to wait. I was able to successfully cancel my first order and reorder at the lower price. With the included USB cable, I figure it's the equivalent of spotting $4 lying on the ground. I stooped to pick it up. :mrgreen:

woodsghost
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by woodsghost » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:46 am

LA Police Gear has a flash sale going on for rifle plates. Good prices and the plates have stood up to tough testing. So something to consider.

https://lapolicegear.com/duty-patrol/bo ... esc&page=1

I have no idea how long the sale will last. I just was shopping today and spotted it.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

Return to “Bug Out Gear”