Packable rain boots.

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

moab

Packable rain boots.

Post by moab » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:31 pm

This is also a deal alert. As these are a 100 bucks or so normally. And they are 50 bucks right now. So if you need packable rubber boots:

https://uncrate.com/packable-rain-boots/

http://imgur.com/gallery/3TW4DLz (cant get imgur to work on android. Any tips?)

They are 1.2lbs. Not sure how durable. But a unique product if you need to carry rubber boots.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

PistolPete
ZS Moderator
ZS Moderator

Re: Packable rain boots.

Post by PistolPete » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:40 pm

That's a very interesting product. Rain gear is often overlooked and having decent gear is everything in a heavy rain. (says the guy who spent Saturday morning sitting in a tree in heavy rain and 38 degrees realizing his hood on his rain jacket sucks and he packed no gloves that are any good when wet)
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

moab

Post by moab » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:17 pm

PistolPete wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:40 pm
That's a very interesting product. Rain gear is often overlooked and having decent gear is everything in a heavy rain. (says the guy who spent Saturday morning sitting in a tree in heavy rain and 38 degrees realizing his hood on his rain jacket sucks and he packed no gloves that are any good when wet)
Ya. It seems like packing rubber boots is an odd thing. Usually they would be your boots u have on. But it would be nice in the fall or spring to have an extra set of light weight rain boots and whatever non waterproof lightweight hikers you have. Plus at 1.2lbs! And 50 bucks. Seems worth it.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

tony d tiger

Post by tony d tiger » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:02 pm

moab wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:17 pm
PistolPete wrote:
Ya. It seems like packing rubber boots is an odd thing. Usually they would be your boots u have on. But it would be nice in the fall or spring to have an extra set of light weight rain boots and whatever non waterproof lightweight hikers you have. Plus at 1.2lbs! And 50 bucks. Seems worth it.
Better have small feet, with the available sizes for sale.
Tony D Tiger

moab

Post by moab » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:56 am

tony d tiger wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:02 pm
moab wrote:
PistolPete wrote:
11-11.5 still available. I should buy a pair.

tony d tiger

Post by tony d tiger » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:55 pm

moab wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:56 am
tony d tiger wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:02 pm
moab wrote:
PistolPete wrote:
11-11.5 still available. I should buy a pair.
As I read it, they're intended as overboots. I wear an 11.5 / 12 shoe (depending on fit) - with the Army overboot that means a size 13 for dry boots. :words:
Tony D Tiger

RonnyRonin

Post by RonnyRonin » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:51 pm

tony d tiger wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:55 pm

As I read it, they're intended as overboots.
Don't think so, looked them up on a few sites and they are standalone shoes. Also the toe area is just far to small for anything but a socked foot, overboots always look larger than normal shoes for the most part.

I carry a pair of these when weight is more important than bulk:

https://www.tingleyrubber.com/products/ ... ght-boot-1

my pair of size 13s weigh 22 oz, they are warmer than rubber and seem to grip better on snow and ice as well. They tend to go on pulk sled trips with me for a camp shoe in the snow.
share your tobacco and your kindling, but never your sauna or your woman.

AK, Glock, Pie.

tony d tiger

Post by tony d tiger » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:04 pm

RonnyRonin wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:51 pm
tony d tiger wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:55 pm

As I read it, they're intended as overboots.
Don't think so, looked them up on a few sites and they are standalone shoes. Also the toe area is just far to small for anything but a socked foot, overboots always look larger than normal shoes for the most part.

I carry a pair of these when weight is more important than bulk:

https://www.tingleyrubber.com/products/ ... ght-boot-1

my pair of size 13s weigh 22 oz, they are warmer than rubber and seem to grip better on snow and ice as well. They tend to go on pulk sled trips with me for a camp shoe in the snow.
Thanks for that - I went back to look again and think the blurb threw me off.
"Keep them packed in or on your bag to ensure your favorite kicks don't have to encounter puddles." ...had me thinking like a pair of 'totes' not like muck boots. Those Tingleys look like a good boot.
Tony D Tiger

Return to “Bug Out Gear”