Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by NT2C » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:51 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:46 pm
NT2C wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:37 am
The Olight store is having a charity sale for 24 hours with 100% of sales going to buy medical supplies for first responders and hospitals in need. It took me 45 minutes to complete my purchase but I did manage to get two of the limited edition I1R 2 Eos lights in blue.
OOS
Yep. My wife tried buying some at 0600 when she got up for work and was told they sold out of "everything" in 3 hours. Not sure if that's just the two models in limited edition blue or their entire store inventory. I'm leaning towards just the blue.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Tue May 19, 2020 8:45 pm

Morakniv Bushcraft Knife, with black DLC-coated carbon steel blade. $27.19 shipped from Woot.com (fulfilled by Amazon)

sellout.woot.com/offers/morakniv-bushcr ... kdeals+LLC

A pretty good price for this particular Mora, which I believe has a slightly longer and thicker blade than most Mora knives, and a flat milled spine for drawing sparks from a ferrocerium rod.

Currently $36.99 on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Morakniv-Bushcra ... YZA1Q&th=1) which itself is slightly below the average Amazon price of $37.79 (https://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B009O01H0Y)

A pretty solid deal for a well-regarded all around utility knife. Many prefer carbon steel over stainless, as it takes and holds a better edge. Carbon steel does require more upkeep however; that DLC (how come I keep thinking "downloadable content"?) coating will wear off. Youtube and knife forums are rife with how-to's on forcing a protective patina on carbon steel.

Here's a nice review:
http://www.thetruthaboutknives.com/knif ... bushcraft/

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:17 pm

Mechanix MultiCam Tactical gloves 20% off with promo code 'DAD' with free MultiCam cloth face mask. Free shipping.

https://www.mechanix.com/us-en/men/multicam-series

The free face mask automatically gets added to your cart. Any other year and the free face mask wouldn't have really tempted me. But you know, COVID. I ordered the Fastfit model in medium. $11.99 out the door. These are going straight into my get home bag.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:41 am

Swiss Safe First Aid Kit Pouch (64-Piece) 3-Pack $13 shipped. Woot.com, fulfilled by Amazon. Today only (6/20)'

Yeah I know; a shitty little IFAK. But at this price, they're practically worth it just for the pouch, CPR mask and basic first aid instructions. These would make a great foundation for a trio of more capable kits to throw your BOB, GHB, EDC or just your regular hiking pack. Or toss a $50 bill in there you've got a graduation gift from that crazy prepper uncle/aunt (who no longer seems quite so crazy these days). :lol:

https://sport.woot.com/offers/swiss-saf ... cnt_wp_0_3

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:46 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:41 am
Swiss Safe First Aid Kit Pouch (64-Piece) 3-Pack $13 shipped. Woot.com, fulfilled by Amazon. Today only (6/20)'

Yeah I know; a shitty little IFAK. But at this price, they're practically worth it just for the pouch, CPR mask and basic first aid instructions. These would make a great foundation for a trio of more capable kits to throw your BOB, GHB, EDC or just your regular hiking pack. Or toss a $50 bill in there you've got a graduation gift from that crazy prepper uncle/aunt (who no longer seems quite so crazy these days). :lol:

https://sport.woot.com/offers/swiss-saf ... cnt_wp_0_3

So three of those for $13.00 + shipping.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:55 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:46 pm
I should have been clearer. Free shipping for Amazon Prime members. But it's kind of moot now. They're sold out.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:24 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:55 pm
MPMalloy wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:46 pm
I should have been clearer. Free shipping for Amazon Prime members. But it's kind of moot now. They're sold out.
Eh. I'm still good.

Tx for posting this stuff, though :D

gamboolman
Favorite Zombie Movies: Daylights End, I Am Legend

Post by gamboolman » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:29 pm

Thanks MajorH
Just ordered some Mechanix gloves for ms gamboolgal and I and got the Fathers Day discount for a good deal
gamboolman....
Lifetime Member(s): National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, Texas State Rifle Association

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:15 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:17 pm
Mechanix MultiCam Tactical gloves 20% off with promo code 'DAD' with free MultiCam cloth face mask. Free shipping.

https://www.mechanix.com/us-en/men/multicam-series

The free face mask automatically gets added to your cart. Any other year and the free face mask wouldn't have really tempted me. But you know, COVID. I ordered the Fastfit model in medium. $11.99 out the door. These are going straight into my get home bag.

Got mine in today's mail and found out "Large" actually equals "Medium" and "One Size" does not fit "All".

The gloves barely made it around my wrists and fastened and the mask tried to pull my ears off. Oh well... Goodwill donation box. :?
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

Return to “Bug Out Gear”