Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Items to keep you alive in the event you must evacuate: discussions of basic Survival Kits commonly called "Bug Out Bags" or "Go Bags"

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

madoka

Re: Bug Out Gear Deals (Post 'em when you find 'em) I

Post by madoka » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:04 pm

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:32 pm

madoka wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:04 pm
Free Olight flashlight on July 12:

https://www.olightstore.com/i3e-eos-desert-tan-712.html
I'd been meaning to register anyway since I purchased my PL-2 Valkyrie so this just made it a priority. 8-)
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:18 pm

EchoMirage wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:21 am
majorhavoc wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:31 am
Cybrludite wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:17 pm
https://www.yourtreasurebox.com/product ... IKQdqC1i0U

60 liter ruck, pup tent, mess kit, & hexamine stove for $20.
I'm tempted to get that just to see how good/bad it can be. That's a crazy amount of kit for $20. Aside from the rubber mallet, everything seems fairly practical. Quality is probably crap, but if others are like me, I started my prepping journey with some pretty marginal gear at the beginning.
Haven't signed on to this site in 5yrs, but I read this post, joined 'treasure box bundles', and just got this email:

Currently, we are processing refunds for those who have not received their parcel. For those over a month or so, we sincerely apologize as we are also investigating this on our end.

Those who have emailed with the subject REFUND, our refund department is now checking it.

We are trying our best to refund those who are entitled. Rest assured our refund team is working diligently about your request.

Thanks for your patience.

Sounds like the site might be a scam
It is a scam alright. They sent me a bogus refund email and now the site is shut down.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:15 am

NT2C wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:32 pm
madoka wrote:

I'd been meaning to register anyway since I purchased my PL-2 Valkyrie so this just made it a priority. 8-)
Logged on this morning, and sure enough the i3e EOS was in my cart; cost $0.00. Now, there is a $5 shipping charge so don't kid yourself, this isn't truly free. And I don't actually need another keychain flashlight. But I figured if Olight is bound and determined to give these things away for the cost of shipping, I'm happy to oblige.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:36 am

majorhavoc wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:15 am
NT2C wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:32 pm
madoka wrote:

Logged on this morning, and sure enough the i3e EOS was in my cart; cost $0.00. Now, there is a $5 shipping charge so don't kid yourself, this isn't truly free. And I don't actually need another keychain flashlight. But I figured if Olight is bound and determined to give these things away for the cost of shipping, I'm happy to oblige.
Just got mine and sent a link for it to my wife as well. Thanks for the reminder. I would have completely forgotten about it otherwise.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:18 pm

Mora Companion Knife w/stainless steel blade $10.59. For Amazon Prime members price drops to $7.09 at check out. State sales tax if applicable, ships free.

https://sport.woot.com/offers/morakniv- ... 0a240614

Available in high visibility orange, "Military" green and black. Looks like maybe the carbon steel blade option was available at one point, but that's now sold out.

If you've been wondering what the buzz about this knife is all about and you've got Amazon Prime, here's your chance at a price that if not an all time historic low is damn close. Nothing magical about the Moras, just good quality utility knives with a goofy looking but surprisingly functional belt sheath. You know you've got a pack, bag, fishing kit or tool box squirreled away somewhere that's just crying out for (yet another) knife. Finally scratch that Mora itch and be done with it.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:35 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:18 pm
Mora Companion Knife w/stainless steel blade $10.59. For Amazon Prime members price drops to $7.09 at check out. State sales tax if applicable, ships free.

Available in high visibility orange, "Military" green and black. Looks like maybe the carbon steel blade option was available at one point, but that's now sold out.

If you've been wondering what the buzz about this knife is all about and you've got Amazon Prime, here's your chance at a price that if not an all time historic low is damn close. Nothing magical about the Moras, just good quality utility knives with a goofy looking but surprisingly functional belt sheath. You know you've got a pack, bag, fishing kit or tool box squirreled away somewhere that's just crying out for (yet another) knife. Finally scratch that Mora itch and be done with it.

I keep two of these in each vehicle, one serrated, one straight edge. Sure, you may not really, really need a knife while out in your vehicle most of the time, the times that you do tend to be the times when you left your pocket knife in your other pants.

moab

Post by moab » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:17 pm

NT2C wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:35 pm
majorhavoc wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:18 pm

I keep two of these in each vehicle, one serrated, one straight edge. Sure, you may not really, really need a knife while out in your vehicle most of the time, the times that you do tend to be the times when you left your pocket knife in your other pants.
I love my Mora. But how much more expensive would it be if they just made their cheaper knives with a full tang? I mean would it really run the cost up that much? I know they have their highend one that is full tang. But why not just make the cheap ones full tang?
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:46 am

moab

Post by moab » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:20 pm

No other big prime day deals for us? Seen lots of TV's and toothpaste.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:06 pm

moab wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:20 pm
I've been trying not to look. I ... uh ... somehow managed to max out my Amazon store card with the $5,000 limit... :ohdear: :gonk:

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:33 pm

moab wrote:
I scrolled through last night for hours looking for things. Saw nothing I bought myself a kindle fire8 HD because I don’t have a tablet and that would having one would be nice. Also got stainless pot set, along with a 15” cast iron pan. That’s all I got.

Moving away from anything Teflon, so nickle free stainless and cast iron will eventually be all I have.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

moab

Post by moab » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:52 pm

Halfapint wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:33 pm
moab wrote:
I scrolled through last night for hours looking for things. Saw nothing I bought myself a kindle fire8 HD because I don’t have a tablet and that would having one would be nice. Also got stainless pot set, along with a 15” cast iron pan. That’s all I got.

Moving away from anything Teflon, so nickle free stainless and cast iron will eventually be all I have.
I like how you say "saw nothing..." and then report on the multiple items you bought. lol! :) I didn't really look. But I follow fatkiddeals on twitter. And they've been posting up a lot of stuff. The only prepper related I saw was toothpaste. But the 23andme dna and health test is down to halfprice - $99. Hoping I get it for my birthday coming up. I did find this awesome looking phone holder for my Jeep air vents. https://www.amazon.com/Holder-APPS2Car- ... =ten080-20 I really like it for a number of reasons. The best is that it's only $6.99. Not even a prime deal.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:09 pm

Glock front sight tool for $5.84

And.... you guys just had to make me look again, didn't you? Add a Pelican 1560 in orange to my purchases for the day. :oops: :awesome:

I'll use it for my travel luggage if I have to fly anywhere. I can pack a holstered (empty) pistol in with my clothes and lock the whole thing up, and be able to spot it easy on the baggage carousel. Or use it as a transport case for going to the range with my pistols.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:40 pm

Academy has NiB Whiskey 3 Rifle Scopes for $149 and Romeo 5 scopes for $129 this week. Those are excellent prices on very good scopes. The Whiskey 3 comes in a variety of sizes and magnifications.
These days of dust
Which we've known

And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

kevlarsamurai

Post by kevlarsamurai » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:10 am

Greetings,

While supplies last. Red Rock stuff has been good performers for me. At $20 a bag... pretty good options. Some decent youtube video reviews

https://blackrainordnance.com/product/r ... 7ce69c7bac

S/
K

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:36 am

kevlarsamurai wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:10 am
Greetings,

While supplies last. Red Rock stuff has been good performers for me. At $20 a bag... pretty good options. Some decent youtube video reviews

https://blackrainordnance.com/product/r ... 7ce69c7bac

S/
K
Get 'em while you can folks, stuff is selling out fast. They ran out of the large size coyote between the time I stuck it in my basket and hit the checkout button.

moab

Post by moab » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:09 pm

https://mytrailco.com/ Is going out of business. They still have a few down jackets in various weights. ANd rain coat and other items. I wouldn't go below 800fil unless your just looking for a sweater type down jacket. Some large sizes available up to a 52 inch chest. Which is cool. that's hard to find. 800fil down jacket $99. Normally $300.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:57 am

Discount hoodies. Conveniently integrated with face mask in case you are attending a political rally or you are stopping by the store on the way home and realize you forgot your wallet. Get em while they are hot.

https://www.dresslily.com/drawstring-zi ... 63152.html
These days of dust
Which we've known

And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:44 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:57 am
Discount hoodies. Conveniently integrated with face mask in case you are attending a political rally or you are stopping by the store on the way home and realize you forgot your wallet. Get em while they are hot.

https://www.dresslily.com/drawstring-zi ... 63152.html
:rofl:

Return to “Bug Out Gear”