Zombies versus Vampiers

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

hawk55732
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead and City of the Dead

Zombies versus Vampiers

Post by hawk55732 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:36 am

So the show, Deadliest Warriors is doing a zombie versus Vampires 9pm Est time on Spike. Unfortunatly I wont get to watch it but it should be cool. http://geekout.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/13 ... ?hpt=hp_c2

Night Fox
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead remake, Diary of the dead

Re: Zombies versus Vampiers

Post by Night Fox » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:07 am

Ooooook. Ive watched a few episodes of deadliest warrior and yeah im a fan but this is a hell of a spin from there useral stuff. Definatly one to watch

Talon04

Post by Talon04 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:08 pm

Yeah I'm still confused about why they are doing this episode it makes no sense to me and breaks from their normal of past warriors fighting one another. That being said I'm really excited and rootin for the zombies.
brothaman wrote: They ARE super simple. I built mine from pins and springs with a meat mallet, a bamboo skewer, a flat screwdriver, and a 2 inch piece of painters tape. I felt like I was freaking MacGuyver.

paladinm1911

Post by paladinm1911 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:32 pm

So I watched it (I like the show, guilty pleasure, but I realize it has a weak premise) but I was confused on a couple of points (I'm not up on vamp lore):
1.) The vamps were unarmed- you would think in a Zombie Apoc. even vamps would lock and load (like the gunslinging vamps in the 80's film "Near Dark").
2.) Vamps are already dead, yes? So would zeds even bother with them?
3.) If a vamp bites a zed or if a zed bites a vamp would they infect each other with their vamp/zed virus?

It was entertaining and it was nice to see Max Brooks on the panel of experts.
And at least the vamps were not emo/sparkly teens.

D-Train

Post by D-Train » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:48 pm

I'm watching it now. It's better than I expected.
"I wish for zombies everyday just so I don't have to go to work."
Finch

JackBauer
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the Night of the Dead series
I Am Legend
28 Days Later
Walking Dead (tv series)

Post by JackBauer » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:10 pm

Watching it now. Really great, even my scoffing wife showing a bit of interest.....
A person should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog,. .., build a wall, set a bone, take and give orders, cooperate, analyze & solve problems, fight efficiently, die gallantly RH
http://johnfoberg.blogspot.com/

ei8htx
BANNED

Post by ei8htx » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:09 am

I saw this advertised in a wired article the other day. I thought the outcome was realistic... as realistic as vampires vs zombies can get.

Spoiler (it's tiny. Highlight, copy/paste in notepad):

Vampires won!

dukman
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by dukman » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:29 am

paladinm1911 wrote: 1.) The vamps were unarmed- you would think in a Zombie Apoc. even vamps would lock and load (like the gunslinging vamps in the 80's film "Near Dark").
2.) Vamps are already dead, yes? So would zeds even bother with them?
3.) If a vamp bites a zed or if a zed bites a vamp would they infect each other with their vamp/zed virus?
I didn't watch the show, but I would think vampires would just fly away to areas out of the zombies reach. Who knows what zeds are attracted to. Movements and heartbeats are both attributes that vampies have. Vampirism isn't a virus to my knowledge, but maybe the thing that makes vampires immune to sickness and disease would also protect them against the zombie virus (if the zombification is caused by a virus). The real question I would think is whether or not a vampire can be a "carrier" for a zombie virus :shock:
M-O-O-N, that spells survival, law's yes!
Duk's Bags: GLOF GHB ONB EDC
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything ~Tyler Durden

uneekwahn
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead

Zombies versus Vampiers

Post by uneekwahn » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:07 am

I like how the "vampire experts" kept raising the bar to try to give vampires the edge. "Oh, yeah, they have a mouthful of razor sharp teeth, super human powers and frickin lasers on their heads."

JackBauer
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the Night of the Dead series
I Am Legend
28 Days Later
Walking Dead (tv series)

Post by JackBauer » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:27 pm

uneekwahn wrote:I like how the "vampire experts" kept raising the bar to try to give vampires the edge. "Oh, yeah, they have a mouthful of razor sharp teeth, super human powers and frickin lasers on their heads."
Yep, they gave the Vampire claw attack WAY too much credit and usage. Plus they rated the strike at plus #8000 lbs.

You have to love the demo of the three strong men taking apart the ballistic flesh and 'bone' torso, was total win!
A person should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog,. .., build a wall, set a bone, take and give orders, cooperate, analyze & solve problems, fight efficiently, die gallantly RH
http://johnfoberg.blogspot.com/

Skull_Hide
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fight O

Post by Skull_Hide » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:34 pm

Watched it, it was okay. I think the x factor of feeding was way off. Instead of Vamps 82 and Zombie 88 Zombies should have been 100 and Vamp like 60-70. The zombie is hard wired to feed no matter what, Vamps not so much so that was off.
My Silnylon Alice pack DIY w/ 1606AF frame Hellcat
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=81955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sig 1911-22LR pistol
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 10&t=82581" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If my post contains a misplaced/ random word = auto spell is a bitch.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”