Game of Thrones HBO; All Seasons with Spoilers

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Tireur

Re: Game of Thrones HBO; All Seasons with Spoilers

Post by Tireur » Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:11 pm

For everybody that hasn't made it to 2.09 yet, the Battle Of Blackwater will be a treat.
Friggin' AWESOME series.

And there are no happy endings in Westeros.
I did not slap you in the face, I high fived your head and your hands did not get in the way.
Epicest th'd evah http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 29&t=29034" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dabster

Game of Thrones HBO; All Seasons with Spoilers

Post by Dabster » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:51 pm

Saw this thread after starting the series last Summer. Avoided it to dodge spoilers. I've seen seasin I and read all four books.

The fifth book was due out this month in paperback. Now postponed to March. Might have to spring for a hardcopy.

Sorry for the necro,
I am not a 'gray man'. I am a brown man, coyote brown. With FDE highlights, of course.

UndeadInfidel
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead

Post by UndeadInfidel » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:11 pm

Posting for epic

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:53 pm

A little recap of the last two seasons.

A Season 3 trailer.

My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

williaty

Post by williaty » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:03 am

I just watched today's episode. Man, that poor little Stark girl just can't catch a break. Also, I just read an interview with G.R.R.M. that this was pitched to HBO as "the Sopranos set in Middle Earth", which cracks me up.

Sworbeyegib
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead is what started it all for me

Post by Sworbeyegib » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:24 pm

Trailer for season 4 is here! I'm stoked.

Btw, is anyone interested in starting a thread dedicated to just the "Ice and Fire" books? That way we can keep certain spoilers and differences between the books and the tv series separated. I just finally finished the 5th book a few weeks ago.
**Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't**

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:24 pm

Season 5 Episode 8 "Hardhome"

Battle of the Blackwater has nothing on this. Not quite what happens in the book because Jon Snow was at Hardhome, not Cotter Pike.

Valyrian steel works as well as Dragonglass. Who knew?

The Night's King's second appearance on the show. He is now aware of Jon, a book early. He also killed Batman's parents. The true battle of the age will not be between Dany and Westeros, but everyone against The Others.

Gives new meaning to the term "human" wave attacks. And the next time I'm being chased by 2-3000 zombies, definitely want a 15 foot giant covering my escape.
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

IronKnuckles

Post by IronKnuckles » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:40 pm

jor-el wrote:Season 5 Episode 8 "Hardhome"

Battle of the Blackwater has nothing on this. Not quite what happens in the book because Jon Snow was at Hardhome, not Cotter Pike.

Valyrian steel works as well as Dragonglass. Who knew?

The Night's King's second appearance on the show. He is now aware of Jon, a book early. He also killed Batman's parents. The true battle of the age will not be between Dany and Westeros, but everyone against The Others.

Gives new meaning to the term "human" wave attacks. And the next time I'm being chased by 2-3000 zombies, definitely want a 15 foot giant covering my escape.
I've never read any of the books... That giant is going down. Mark my words, we'll see a undead giant eventually and then... Man oh man.
Maverick299 wrote:Where's the government bailout for Hostess? I would have survived just fine without Chevy or Chrysler, but life without strawberry fruit pies seems kinda pointless.
AK_Stick wrote:Pretty much always be a need for people who can kill people, or work on stuff.

Mannlicher

Post by Mannlicher » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:28 am

Looks like no one need worry about 'spoilers' anymore. The show has gone far afield from the books, and it's more like what might happen in an alternative universe.
If the screen writers thought they could produce better material than Martin, they were wrong.

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:24 pm

Mannlicher wrote:Looks like no one need worry about 'spoilers' anymore. The show has gone far afield from the books, and it's more like what might happen in an alternative universe.
If the screen writers thought they could produce better material than Martin, they were wrong.
Yep, further they go from the book, worse the story gets.

I would add it is getting more and more rushed feeling too. They have been plowing through the book material at a break neck pace (the real reason the series caught up to the books so fast). And it shows in the TV series, everything just happens way to fast, the pacing seems off, and huge important things are just skimmed over or completely left out.

For example the finale this season, with Jon Snow is not nearly as interesting, since they left out the details the books provided. Which is Jon learning Warging. As well as learning about warging and what the limits and theories are about it. If this had been left in the story, one the show would have lasted longer, and this season finale would have been done differently with a much different fell to it.

What makes GRRM's books so amazing is the intricate detail laden stories. The show has dumbed things down dramatically. I wish they had done a better job representing the Game of Thrones in this series.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:36 pm

So what's the odds on Melisandre bringing Jon Snow back to life, like how Thoros kept resurrecting Beric Dondarrion?

I'd always assumed that Jon was the son of Lyanna Stark (the ice) and Rhaegar Targaryen (the fire) and that he'd end up being the "Prince That Was Promised" who would sing the Song of Fire and Ice.

I read an interview where Kit Harrington said he would not be in season 6.....but then again we never saw Bran & Rickon in season 5.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:04 pm

RickOShea wrote:So what's the odds on Melisandre bringing Jon Snow back to life, like how Thoros kept resurrecting Beric Dondarrion?
That really depends on whether the writers grasp proper story telling or not. If the don't he stays dead and they have told one of the longest shaggy dog stories ever. If they do then things may continue to be interesting. Who Should have died was Stanis. That would be a logical conclusion to his story. But since we did not actually see his death, but rather a quick cut after a sword slash he is most likely still alive. I did really disliked the number of cliffhangers the season ended with. It seemed more like a mid season finale than a proper end to anything.
Why must all the hoops be on fire?

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:31 pm

RickOShea wrote:So what's the odds on Melisandre bringing Jon Snow back to life, like how Thoros kept resurrecting Beric Dondarrion?

I'd always assumed that Jon was the son of Lyanna Stark (the ice) and Rhaegar Targaryen (the fire) and that he'd end up being the "Prince That Was Promised" who would sing the Song of Fire and Ice.

I read an interview where Kit Harrington said he would not be in season 6.....but then again we never saw Bran & Rickon in season 5.
There is high probability that is what is going to happen.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:27 pm

Not sure about the "Spoilers" part in the thread title.....so I'm using invisible ink. Anyhow, now I'm seeing pics and reading reports of......

[Spoilers] filming in Northern Ireland of Kit Harrington in Stark armor....and a large army sporting House Stark & House Mormont banners. [/Spoilers]

Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:46 pm

So Jon drinks from a chalice of Melisandre's tears, the Watch lights the funeral pyre, Jon lights up Human Torch style, wakes up and incinerates Thorne and his cohorts with flaming bodily fluids.

Am I close?

CarolinaPeach
Favorite Zombie Movies: I was hoping it would be "World War Z" but I don't think that's going to happen. So, in order: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland...so far.

Post by CarolinaPeach » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:47 pm

jor-el wrote:So Jon drinks from a chalice of Melisandre's tears, the Watch lights the funeral pyre, Jon lights up Human Torch style, wakes up and incinerates Thorne and his cohorts with flaming bodily fluids.

Am I close?
I'd watch that. 8-)

Peach

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:56 pm

jor-el wrote:So Jon drinks from a chalice of Melisandre's tears, the Watch lights the funeral pyre, Jon lights up Human Torch style, wakes up and incinerates Thorne and his cohorts with flaming bodily fluids.

Am I close?
Maybe Lyanna Mormont "knows" something?

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:14 am

With all opposition carbonized or hacked to pieces, Jon rides out to aid the besieged wildlings with as many men as can still ride.

As he rides, flames form around his head, like a crown. As he rides, the countryside, frozen and snowbound, thaws and turns green and flowering. From out of the forests, knights of the Mormont, Karstark, and others fall into formation behind the new King Of The North.

All to a background of O Fortuna.

The Boltons are in for a shock.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:51 am

jor-el wrote:With all opposition carbonized or hacked to pieces, Jon rides out to aid the besieged wildlings with as many men as can still ride.

As he rides, flames form around his head, like a crown. As he rides, the countryside, frozen and snowbound, thaws and turns green and flowering. From out of the forests, knights of the Mormont, Karstark, and others fall into formation behind the new King Of The North.

Sounds like a good greensight dream.Image

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:36 pm

RickOShea wrote:
jor-el wrote:With all opposition carbonized or hacked to pieces, Jon rides out to aid the besieged wildlings with as many men as can still ride.

Sounds like a good greensight dream.Image
Perhaps more; for the Boltons, a NIGHTMARE!

http://winteriscoming.net/2015/09/28/sp ... aintfield/

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:46 pm

There is also calls for assembling Stark armor.

But which Stark?

Ned's?

Rob's?

Or Tony's?

yggdrasil45

Post by yggdrasil45 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:05 pm

The night king took notice because he is a Stark. Jon is probably warged into Ghost for now. We will the him skulking around Im sure. Im sure he will post death be declared a Stark by some king or another for his bravery. When he wargs back into a human body he will be Jon Stark.
The Great World Tree Yggdrasil Trembles too its Roots

wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland
TV show: The Walking Dead
Game: Plants vs Zombies

Post by wee drop o' bush » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:27 pm

Well, seeing as Kit Harrington was seen back again here over the summer and believe me he'd not be here voluntarily. I'd say Jon Snow isn't gone for good ;)
Mr. E. Monkey wrote: Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat. Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat.
airballrad wrote: All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D
wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

Sworbeyegib
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead is what started it all for me

Post by Sworbeyegib » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:33 pm

They have also cast someone as Euron Greyjoy, so we will finally be seeing the return of the Iron Islands as part of the plot. If anyone has read the books, especially the posted chapters of The Winds of Winter, you know that the part they play can be pivotal.
**Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't**

Return to “Zombie Training Films”