Just saw Dawn 2004.....

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Manditory Suicide

Just saw Dawn 2004.....

Post by Manditory Suicide » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:57 pm

OMFG....I for one hate this movie with a passion. IMHO it was the worst zombie movie ever made. Even worse than LOTD.
I hated this movie so much that I wrote a message of warning on a post it and put it in the DVD case(cuz it was a rental)

What do you peoples think?
Over here dumbfucks!

randomusername
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by randomusername » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:00 pm

You may wish to check the search function at the top of the page and read some other threads on it. And over generalized statements are usually pretty risky just because they seem to end up full of flawed holes.

i liked it.

What didnt you like about it?

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Post by kyle » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:18 pm

I love zombies movies but I have yet to see a really good zombie movie without huge plot holes you can drive through and without a massive need for displacement of belief to enjoy it.

Dawn of the Dead 2004 may miss some of the slapstick humor that we all know in love from the traditional piles and piles of cliche' zombie flicks from the 70's and 80's but I enjoy the new modern twist on the genre.

Those that are pure humor (Raimi, Peter Jackson, Dan O'Bannon, etc) are another story. They're supposed to be goofy. I'm just talking about the zombie flicks that are attempted to be taken seriously like the works of Romero, Fulci and Savini.

Why don't you give us a little more explaination to your opinions? I'm not saying you're wrong. Hell, it is a zombie movie. But, you don't really make your case by just saying ""it sucks".
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

SMERSH

Re: Just saw Dawn 2004.....

Post by SMERSH » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:23 pm

Manditory Suicide wrote:IMHO it was the worst zombie movie ever made.
you obviously are new to the zombie genre
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof, is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

-Douglas Adams

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Post by kyle » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:31 pm

SMERSH wrote:
Heh. Yeah. I can hand him a stack of Zombie movies from my collection that would make him push his TV right down the stairs. They're great for playing in the the back ground at parties but I wouldn't make my worst enemy sit down and watch them.

Mugwug has a habit of picking up some of the worst:
http://www.moral-flexibility.net/blog/a ... e-reviews/
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

bgaesop

Post by bgaesop » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:10 am

kyle wrote:
SMERSH wrote:
Heh. Yeah. I can hand him a stack of Zombie movies from my collection that would make him push his TV right down the stairs. They're great for playing in the the back ground at parties but I wouldn't make my worst enemy sit down and watch them.

Mugwug has a habit of picking up some of the worst:
http://www.moral-flexibility.net/blog/a ... e-reviews/
5 words: Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things.

Man I love that movie.

ghostface

Post by ghostface » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:19 am

Actually, as much as it disturbs me to think that Scooby Doo the Movie and a good zombie flick could have anything in common, I found DOTD '04 to be a breath of fresh air versus most of the zombie films I've seen. And this is coming from someone who appreciated NOTLD far more than most people here do.
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices, to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own...

bgaesop

Post by bgaesop » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:20 am

Don't get me wrong, I loved DOTD'04. What does that have to do with Scooby Doo, though?

ghostface

Post by ghostface » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:28 am

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices, to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own...

bgaesop

Post by bgaesop » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:50 am

ghostface wrote:The screenwriter.
And he acted for Troma?! Dude, this guy rocks!

redhotkat

Post by redhotkat » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:05 am

bgaesop wrote:
ghostface wrote:The screenwriter.
And he acted for Troma?! Dude, this guy rocks!
Is it just me or does anyone else see the irony in this guy being from St. Louis?

Mugwug
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by Mugwug » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:35 am

:shock:

Clearly you haven't seen "House of the Dead" yet.....
kyle wrote:Heh. Yeah. I can hand him a stack of Zombie movies from my collection that would make him push his TV right down the stairs. They're great for playing in the the back ground at parties but I wouldn't make my worst enemy sit down and watch them.
:lol:
Semper ubi sub ubi

Flashbang_E4T

Post by Flashbang_E4T » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:44 am

I personally thought DOTD04 was outstanding, one of my favorite zombie movies, rated right up there with NOTLD remake which I also loved.
Civilian Scout wrote:Water is essential for physical survival, but liquor is crucial for keeping the soul alive.
the_klenzer wrote:I'd get up, look out my window, pause for a moment and say "Fucking Americans have finally invaded. Oh well, bound to happen." And go back to bed.

unodiablo

Post by unodiablo » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:38 pm

I agree with the Protector of the Scotch. That movie kicks ass. Great intro, even better start, and then good all the way through. Like good Scotch.

I wish Land of the Dead was as good as the Dawn remake. Kinda sad when a remake is better than a new movie made by the 'king' of the genre.

Speakin' o' Scooby Doo, has anyone seen the Scooby cartoon "Scooby Doo on Zombie Island". My little nephew loves (and is scared by) that movie. For a young'uns cartoon, it rocks. I bought two - a copy for my collection of zombie movies, and another for the nephews Scooby Doo collection.

Tomcat1066

Post by Tomcat1066 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:59 pm

I haven't had a chance to see all of Dawn yet, but it wasn't to bad at all. No 28 Days Later, my favorite, but still a pretty decent film.

Tom
And the general consensus of who I am?
Doctor Z. wrote: D. Tomcat ends up drinking some form of frothy, fermented, adult beverage from Lordrahl’s skull.
:twisted:
I like it :mrgreen:

TEC9man

Post by TEC9man » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:40 pm

Manditory Suicide wrote:OMFG....I for one hate this movie with a passion. IMHO it was the worst zombie movie ever made. Even worse than LOTD.
I hated this movie so much that I wrote a message of warning on a post it and put it in the DVD case(cuz it was a rental)

What do you peoples think?
BLASPHEMER!!!! Thou hast cursed at the holy movie of Zombiedom!! A POX on you, a POX. :lol: I personally loved DOTD '04. There are sooooooo many other movies that are horrible.
Psalm 27:1-5
All the above statements are that of TEC9man and not necesarily that of ZS, it's moderators or members.

\Slash/

Post by \Slash/ » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:53 pm

Your out numbered man, I liked it too.

MCJ

Post by MCJ » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:07 pm

I disagree. I thought it was a very good movie, and I loved it as a matter of fact.

My opinion one of the best zombie movies ever made.
To tell you the truth, zombies in this world would be kind of interesting. I'd probably be bitten, but then, so would a lot of people.

midgetyaz

Post by midgetyaz » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:14 pm

Mugwug wrote:Clearly you haven't seen "House of the Dead" yet.....
Zombies can't swim or hunt in packs!

And I really liked Dawn 04. I liked the original better, but it wasn't the worst by far (see above quote).

Orson

Post by Orson » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:20 pm

midgetyaz wrote:
Mugwug wrote:Clearly you haven't seen "House of the Dead" yet.....
Zombies can't swim or hunt in packs!

And I really liked Dawn 04. I liked the original better, but it wasn't the worst by far (see above quote).
*cough*Uwe Boll deserves a c*ck punch*cough*
kyle wrote:I, for once, actually agree with gundown.
GunDown wrote: I never would have fucked her if she didn't have a vagina.

ZombieCleaner

Post by ZombieCleaner » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:24 pm

DOTD 04' was the best zombie flick I've seen yet. Given that I havent seen all that many, it was a good movie. I LOVED the special features with Andy and the how to kill a zombie tutorial.
Jagdwulfe wrote:Does that make Gundown into Egg Chen? :shock:

Mugwug
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by Mugwug » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:28 pm

Orson wrote:*cough*Uwe Boll deserves a c*ck punch*cough*
:shock: :D :lol:

Agreed.
Semper ubi sub ubi

ZombieCleaner