"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by RickOShea » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:27 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Sins

Post by Sins » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:34 pm

Honestly this whole season of the walking dead has kinda been all over the place and a little too days of our lives for me.
It's honestly kinda pissing me off

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:37 pm

RickOShea wrote: Those are "The Marauders"......The guys that had Rick hiding under the bed.
In a powder blue Lincoln? They don't seem the type. More like liberated Humvees.

If this was a different sort of show I can see Daryl rescuing Beth, Beth and Daryl falling in love and then Carole finding the new couple and her Mamma Bear gene kicks in and accuses Daryl of being a cradle robber.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:44 pm

RickOShea wrote:

It's Daryl!
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:49 pm

Evan the Diplomat wrote:
RickOShea wrote: Those are "The Marauders"......The guys that had Rick hiding under the bed.
In a powder blue Lincoln? They don't seem the type. More like liberated Humvees.
The leader of the group "Joe", that Daryl was pointing his crossbow at, is veteran actor Jeff Kober.......The same guy that was sitting on the porch eating a can of fruit cocktail, and almost got Uzi-ed by Rick.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Sins

Post by Sins » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:58 pm

RepoMan73
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by RepoMan73 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:05 pm

Anyone think it's strange Maggie hasn't mentioned her sister once?
My opinion...60% of the time, it's right every time!

GP100Wii

Post by GP100Wii » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:06 pm

So who took Beth?

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:24 pm

GP100Wii wrote:So who took Beth?
Hmm.....big black car with a white cross in the back window, kinda like one the family would travel in during a funeral procession? Near to a funeral home where someone was embalming the dead?

Maybe it's a different take on the Father Gabriel character from the comics?

HuntingBow96

Post by HuntingBow96 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:14 am

A week is just too long to wait :rofl:

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:09 am

Looks like carol turned her back to lizzie as a walker was dragging her off in the preview. ...

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:17 am

RepoMan73 wrote:Anyone think it's strange Maggie hasn't mentioned her sister once?
You know what you have a point there.

Maggie is on a quest to find a guy she met about a year ago and pseudo married. She thinks he might of went to Terminus, so she is headed that way, but to be sure she walks up on a zombie, kills it, digs in its guts and scrawls out a message, not once but twice.

"Glenn Meet me at Terminus..."

No Maggie & Glenn

Not even Glenn and Maggie

Just Glenn

Think about the last time she seen Glenn and Beth. She assumes her sick, unarmed, husband that got on a soon to be zombie infected bus is alive, while her sister, who was armed with an AR and with a group of solid team prison fighters is dead. That is just messed up. I guess Glenn is that good in the sack, and Beth is that annoying.
Last edited by Mikeyboy on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:27 am

Paladin1 wrote:Well, I'm pretty disappointed that Daryl lost Beth. I mean really, sets up an alarm system and opens the door without even looking? I mean I know he thought it was the dog, but they knew for a fact that there was someone staying in that house, could have been them for that matter.
I think the whole funeral home thing was a set up. Someone corralled those zombies and grabbed Beth.

I wonder if Daryl is going to get knocked down a peg or two. He started out as a bad guy, then joins Rick and Team Prison and turns into a beloved, caring guy. Then he just give up looking for Beth, and leaves with the Marauders. I wonder if he goes back to his old ways and becomes nasty again.

RepoMan73
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by RepoMan73 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:52 am

Mikeyboy wrote:
RepoMan73 wrote:Anyone think it's strange Maggie hasn't mentioned her sister once?
You know what you have a point there.

Maggie is on a quest to find a guy she met about a year ago and pseudo married. She thinks he might of went to Terminus, so she is headed that way, but to be sure she walks up on a zombie, kills it, digs in its guts and scrawls out a message, not once but twice.

"Glenn Meet me at Terminus..."

No Maggie & Glenn

Not even Glenn and Maggie

Just Glenn

Think about the last time she seen Glenn and Maggie. She assumes her sick, unarmed, husband that got on a soon to be zombie infected bus is alive, while her sister, who was armed with an AR and with a group of solid team prison fighters is dead. That is just messed up. I guess Glenn is that good in the sack, and Beth is that annoying.

I'm going to go with the fact that Beth is annoying. At least I find her extremely annoying. I can just picture when Maggie and Beth run into each other. The first thing Maggie says is "have you seen Glen?"
My opinion...60% of the time, it's right every time!

mbaz73
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead '78
Dawn of the Dead '04
28 Days Later - although not technically a zombie movie

Post by mbaz73 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:55 am

I think the whole funeral home thing was a set up. Someone corralled those zombies and grabbed Beth.
I agree, reminded me a lot of the plot from the low budget movie, "The Day." There is a "trap" set in a house with supposed stores of food, then the hunters surround the house and spring the trap.
BLOG | YOUTUBE

11 Bravo
"If the enemy is in range, so are you."
"If your attack is going too well, you’re walking into an ambush."
"Try to look unimportant; they may be low on ammo."
- Infantry Journal

AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:56 am

I'm thinking that Beth is taking Dale's role from the GN with the "hunters".
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

HuntingBow96

Post by HuntingBow96 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:58 am

Mikeyboy wrote:
Paladin1 wrote:Well, I'm pretty disappointed that Daryl lost Beth. I mean really, sets up an alarm system and opens the door without even looking? I mean I know he thought it was the dog, but they knew for a fact that there was someone staying in that house, could have been them for that matter.

I wonder if Daryl is going to get knocked down a peg or two. He started out as a bad guy, then joins Rick and Team Prison and turns into a beloved, caring guy. Then he just give up looking for Beth, and leaves with the Marauders. I wonder if he goes back to his old ways and becomes nasty again.
He doesn't know they're Marauders as such yet though, I don't see what other choice he had, i reckon they would have killed him if he didn't go with them. I think he might go back to his old ways, but not permanently.

However I have seen a few theory's on Daryl becoming Dwight, which makes sense.

HuntingBow96

Post by HuntingBow96 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:21 am

Also, I hope the ending to this season is somewhat quiet, There has been quite a lot of blood shed in this season, so i'd be happy with them all meeting up and it ending like that for this season...

Won't happen I imagine :roll:

Browning 35
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004).
28 Days Later.
Planet Terror.
Dawn of the Dead (1978).
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Omega Man

Post by Browning 35 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:44 am

Mikeyboy wrote:I think the whole funeral home thing was a set up. Someone corralled those zombies and grabbed Beth.
Yeah, me too. Plus what happened to the alarm system?
I wonder if Daryl is going to get knocked down a peg or two. He started out as a bad guy, then joins Rick and Team Prison and turns into a beloved, caring guy. Then he just give up looking for Beth, and leaves with the Marauders.
I don't think he gave up, his efforts to find her were just momentarily frustrated by a road that went several different ways at once. He was the only one to not give up on Sophia, doubt he'll give up here either.

As for the Marauders appearance what's he supposed to do? Push out his chest in defiance while holding his one shot limited range weapon and scream 'Never' and talk a bunch of shit on that groups moral choice of making the ZPAW an even worse place for people to live by murdering/stealing? That would be a short conversation. Better to just play along, feign compliance and split later while perhaps damaging their capabilities (stealing some of their weapons, lighting a house they're sleeping in on fire and killing them as they come out or leaving them to burn to death or die of smoke inhalation).
I wonder if he goes back to his old ways and becomes nasty again.
I kinda doubt it, one doesn't usually mentally/emotionally part ways with that life only to wholeheartedly return to it.
Mr. E. Monkey wrote:
Evan the Diplomat wrote:Why do you want to shoot penguins? What did they ever do to you?
It's that smug, superior attitude of theirs, strutting around in their fancy outfits like they're better than everyone else. Yeah, burn in hell, you snobbish bird bastards.

And don't get me started on pandas!

paladinm1911

Post by paladinm1911 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:01 am

The most important question is what happen to the dog!!! :crazy:

Dave

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:31 am

paladinm1911 wrote:The most important question is what happen to the dog!!! :crazy:

Dave
Funny. I wonder if all dogs were pretty much wiped out in the ZPAW. Figure by nature dogs would either bark at, or attack a bunch zombies, both which would eventually lead to the dog getting eaten. The dog that came to the door was probably not a stray. I bet the dog is a trained pet of the guy who took Beth.

mbaz73
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead '78
Dawn of the Dead '04
28 Days Later - although not technically a zombie movie

Post by mbaz73 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:43 am

paladinm1911 wrote:The most important question is what happen to the dog!!! :crazy:

Dave
I'll have to go back and re-view but I thought I heard the cans rattle and then the dog yelp. My guess is that he tucked tail and ran back to the car since they did not show the zombies eating him.
BLOG | YOUTUBE

11 Bravo
"If the enemy is in range, so are you."
"If your attack is going too well, you’re walking into an ambush."
"Try to look unimportant; they may be low on ammo."
- Infantry Journal

AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:43 pm

I don't think he gave up, his efforts to find her were just momentarily frustrated by a road that went several different ways at once. He was the only one to not give up on Sophia, doubt he'll give up here either.
I found it kinda strange that with Daryl's elite tracking skills he couldn't figure out which way the car went...

I would of looked at the leaves on the road indicating any
Signs of being driven over going straight or veering to the left... skidmarks from braking to turn or going over the tracks.... if he can figure out how many walkers walked down a path in the woods he could of figured out which way a car went..... like he didnt even want to try. Just plopped down on the ground and gave up...

Browning 35
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004).
28 Days Later.
Planet Terror.
Dawn of the Dead (1978).
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Omega Man

Post by Browning 35 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:36 pm

Tracking on an asphalt road is nearly impossible unless you have the same sense of smell as a hunting dog and they're on foot. Cars don't leave tread marks everywhere they go like man/animals do in the dirt or the mud. Skid marks are only likely to point the way towards which way they went if the car is sitting in a smoking heap 30 yards from where he's standing.

I know movies have made tracking into some mystical art where the tracker can summon his eagle/wolf spirit through touching the medicine bag around his neck and tell what the persons eye color and bank balance is, but it doesn't really work that way. There's a limit to it just like anything else.

On a road or across rock you can forget about it unless you're following a blood trail or have a decent dog and when what you're tracking is in a vehicle you can forget about it altogether.

If the car was leaking oil or the chick was tossing breadcrumbs out like Hansel and Gretel he might have something to work with. That doesn't appear to be the case.
Last edited by Browning 35 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. E. Monkey wrote:
Evan the Diplomat wrote:Why do you want to shoot penguins? What did they ever do to you?
It's that smug, superior attitude of theirs, strutting around in their fancy outfits like they're better than everyone else. Yeah, burn in hell, you snobbish bird bastards.

And don't get me started on pandas!

Return to “Zombie Training Films”