"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Halfapint » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:49 pm

I'm excited only that I think it'll maybe do something interesting. This probably wont be the last season, but it may be the second to last. Advertising that this is going to be Rick's last season is a ploy to get people to watch, they never announced any of the other major character die offs.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:27 pm

Halfapint wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:49 pm
Advertising that this is going to be Rick's last season......they never announced any of the other major character die offs.
IIRC, they've also never had a main cast actor (much less the TOP main cast actor) announce to the public at SDCC that they are leaving the show.Image
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:28 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:27 pm
Halfapint wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:49 pm
Advertising that this is going to be Rick's last season......they never announced any of the other major character die offs.
IIRC, they've also never had a main cast actor (much less the TOP main cast actor) announce to the public at SDCC that they are leaving the show.Image
Ah, didn't know that. Interesting. Slip of the tongue? or instructed to in order to drum up more view?
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:50 pm

And then there were two....

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:31 pm

Chris Hardwick Explains Why 'Talking Dead' Premiere Guests Will Not Address Scott Wilson's Death

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/20 ... king-dead/

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:04 pm

Well Maggie certainly showed Grace Under Fire.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

Towanda

Post by Towanda » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:54 pm

That was the best season premiere they've had in years. I'm more excited about the show than I've been since Negan was introduced with that dumbass cliffhanger.
Holding a grudge is like swallowing poison and expecting someone else to die.

SMoAF wrote:You could have your very own Trunk SMoAF. That'd HAVE to have some practical value for you.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:21 pm

Looks like tonight's the night....

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:50 pm

What the hell was that? I'm calling BULLSHIT!!!. I thought it was the best episode in a very, very long time right up until they pulled that shit.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:09 pm

Rick Grimes movies. :clap:

-and-

Time Jumpin' Judith. :awesome:

-and-

Fever Dream Shane...

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:27 pm

Great episode! I loved it! Best one in I don’t even know how long, and little bad ass Judith!

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:54 pm

'Walking Dead' Expansion Plans Revealed: Andrew Lincoln to Lead 3 AMC Movies

The actor, who officially departed the flagship series Sunday, will reprise his role as Rick Grimes in a trio of big-budget, feature-length movies that will air on the basic cable network. Content chief Scott M. Gimple talks with The Hollywood Reporter about his larger plan for the franchise....

....As for the movies, they will follow what happens to Rick after his experience in Sunday's "What Comes After" episode, where foe-turned-friend Jadis (Pollyanna McIntosh) rescues a near-death Rick and accompanies him on a helicopter to an unseen new community, while his friends and family believe the former sheriff is dead. Gimple confirmed Lincoln will indeed be in all three AMC movies, which he says will explore the period between Rick's helicopter rescue and the years-later time jump that was featured at the end of Sunday's episode — and stretch beyond that period. Each movie will tell a complete story about Rick. "It is about who he is and who he's going to be — and certainly how he deals with the situation he's in," Gimple says. "We know Rick Grimes; he would want to be home."

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:29 pm

:shock: to much yellin' at the screen. [wasn't me I've matured into TWD now] got hard to hear some lines though.

KILL HIM..., KILL HIM, WHY IS SHE LETTING HIM LIVE?!? JUST EFFIN' KILL HIM ALREADY! He's manipulating her of course, 'ACTING'. ~john lovitts.
WHY IS RICK RIDING A HORSE IF HE CAN'T RIDE? WTF IS HE DOING WITH THAT HORSE?!? It's much faster to turn a horse 280 degrees right and pull back, than turn 90 degrees left and kick. That's his Central Park horseclub training.
OH THE OLD PULL YOUSELF OFF THE REBAR WITH THE BELT PLOY. I would have cut a slot in my side, removed my spleen at the same time, much faster survival technique, didn't you see 127 hours?!?.
WHY IS RICK GOING SO SLOW? WTF RICK THIS, WTF RICK THAT?!? whaaa, wha ha pund, zoned out there... rewind it.. EF U, PAY ATTENTION!
WTF SIDE OF THE BRIDGE ARE THEY ON!!?! WHY ARE THEY RUNNING THAT WAY TO HELP RICK!?!? THEY'RE ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE BRIDGE!!!! HOW'S THAT WORK?!?! I hate bad camera angles.
WHY IS THERE A TON OF DYNAMITE SITTING ABANDONED ON THE BRIDGE?!!?! its TWD, you always build a wood bridge with dyno-mite.

OH YEAH, THAT'S HOW BLAST WAVES WORK! YOU FLY ON A TANGENT... INTO THE RIVER.

Image Bonus clip on the physics of movie explosions with a multi million $$ budget >> https://youtu.be/XCYSvjYJsG8?t=3m46s

But I'm all for an 8 year old girl getting headshots on moving targets from 50+ yards out, thru the pine forest, with a long barrel .357 [or whatever it is]. Probably a one handed hipshot fanning the hammer.
Prediction, Morgan and crew made it back and John Dorie from FTWD taught her everything he knows about sixgun shootin'.

ImageImage

SCBrian

Post by SCBrian » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:06 pm

I really got the taste of a Glenn under the dumpster moment with this. :(

"Ricks Last 3 2 Episodes!" except for the made for tv movie trilogy we decided to make with him...
:evil:

ETA: has anyone else heard of this?
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Sunday night was not only Lincoln’s final episode on the flagship series, but Lauren Cohan’s as well—at least for now.
Right now, T.H.R. reports, Cohan has no future episodes planned with the series, although her fate remains open-ended.
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... pisode-905
I tilt at Windmills
BattleVersion wrote:For my Family?...Burn down the world, sure... But, I'm also willing to carry it on my shoulders.
raptor wrote:...I am allergic to bullets;I break out in blood.
jnathan wrote:... you can choke on my Hebrew National.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:09 am

Finally caught up and watched Season 8 and the rest. Based on the numbers the show will likely die soon. The numbers are running about half of last season. Lincoln likely left at just the right time. With high production costs and steeply declining revenue the producers and AMC will have to decide if they want to carry the flagship series, run it at a reduced quality level or close it out.

I think it has run it's course but I thought the Simpsons had run it's course twenty years ago so what do I know?
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:40 am

zzzzzzzzzzzzz zzz WHAT ? what? What I miss? :lol:
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:12 am

They jumped ahead 18 months and then six years. Rip Van Flybynight...
Shall be my brother

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:14 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:12 am
Oh ok. Wake me when it's over and I'll binge watch it and skip through the boring parts. Should only take about an hour that way. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:23 pm

flybynight wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:14 pm
Stercutus wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:12 am
Oh ok. Wake me when it's over and I'll binge watch it and skip through the boring parts. Should only take about an hour that way. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Thats what I am saying. Over may be coming sooner rather than later.
Shall be my brother

Zed Hunter

Post by Zed Hunter » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:10 am

Where is Maggie?

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:41 pm

Zed Hunter

Post by Zed Hunter » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:39 am

I like Aron's use of his prosthetic. Let them chomp down on it then stab the brain.

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:47 am

Zed Hunter wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:39 am
I like Aron's use of his prosthetic. Let them chomp down on it then stab the brain.
It's a very steam punk look. Yet functional.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”