"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Zed Hunter

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Zed Hunter » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:00 am

Fear has migrated to Austin Tx. About a 5 day walk, 11 hrs drive.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu May 03, 2018 10:03 pm

New/old transport....Warning: kinda spoilerish.

www.justjared.com/2018/05/03/walking-de ... -season-9/
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

benja455

Post by benja455 » Thu May 03, 2018 10:25 pm

RickOShea wrote:New/old transport....Warning: kinda spoilerish.

How long does filming typically take?

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re:

Post by RickOShea » Thu May 03, 2018 10:38 pm

benja455 wrote:
RickOShea wrote:New/old transport....Warning: kinda spoilerish.

How long does filming typically take?
In the past they've filmed the first eight episodes of the season from May thru July, taken the first two weeks of August off for vacation, then came back and filmed the last eight episodes from mid August to around mid November.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

moab

Post by moab » Sun May 06, 2018 5:39 am

This is off the wall. But I was searching for holsters tonight. And found this really great site in England. That not only makes really nice holsters. Please check them out. Especially for small pistols. But they also have a page dedicated to Walking Dead replicas. https://sites.google.com/site/makeitjon ... lking-dead You can even get a real replica of that bad guys (it's late) eye patch. lol. And they are like real replica's. You could actually use them as a real holster etc. Really nice work.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sun May 06, 2018 9:12 am

moab wrote:This is off the wall. But I was searching for holsters tonight. And found this really great site in England. That not only makes really nice holsters. Please check them out. Especially for small pistols. But they also have a page dedicated to Walking Dead replicas. https://sites.google.com/site/makeitjon ... lking-dead You can even get a real replica of that bad guys (it's late) eye patch. lol. And they are like real replica's. You could actually use them as a real holster etc. Really nice work.
That certainly takes mall ninja ( zombie mode ) to the next level. You know I guess I never noticded or thought about it. Everybody on that show has a drop leg hoslter.
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun May 06, 2018 11:48 am

TWD had Rick's gunbelt and holster made by a company called "Tex Shoemaker & Sons Leather Police Equipment".

https://www.facebook.com/Tex-Shoemaker- ... 388083271/

The company recently shut down, but they used to sell the exact same rig they made for the show. I remember reading on their (now defunct) website that the holster wasn't a mistake....and that the production company specifically requested a holster for a 4" Python, even though they said a 6" Python would be used.Image

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue May 08, 2018 6:38 am

It's like wearing tight pants. Makes everything look bigger.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sat May 12, 2018 9:23 pm

!

WOW !

John Titor was right

moab

Post by moab » Sun May 13, 2018 1:04 am

flybynight wrote:

!

WOW !
wow. indeed.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: None

Post by Asymetryczna » Mon May 14, 2018 10:36 am

Are those video game scenes? I've never been into the video games so I was impressed watching a minute of that first one.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Mon May 14, 2018 11:37 am

Asymetryczna wrote:Are those video game scenes? I've never been into the video games so I was impressed watching a minute of that first one.
It's probably the opening video of the different levels of the game
Like these

John Titor was right

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: None

Post by Asymetryczna » Mon May 14, 2018 1:04 pm

I see two empty white boxes in your post. No worries, I have no intention to start playing video games at this time.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:56 pm

Huh, might as well. Image

Exclusive: [Name Redacted] to Exit AMC’s ‘The Walking Dead’ in Season 9

We’re hearing that, by the end of Season 9 of AMC’s hit drama series The Walking Dead, [redacted] will be walking away. That’s right TWD enthusiasts, [redacted] will be growling their way through the post-apocalyptic setting for just one more season before calling it quits. And while we won’t be spoiling just how the character makes their exit, we do know that fans can only expect to see [redacted] in half-a-dozen episodes of the upcoming season.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:36 pm

The Walking Dead Season 9 SDCC Trailer....

Last edited by RickOShea on Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:56 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:56 pm
Huh, might as well. Image

Exclusive: [Name Redacted] to Exit AMC’s ‘The Walking Dead’ in Season 9

We’re hearing that, by the end of Season 9 of AMC’s hit drama series The Walking Dead, [redacted] will be walking away. That’s right TWD enthusiasts, [redacted] will be growling their way through the post-apocalyptic setting for just one more season before calling it quits. And while we won’t be spoiling just how the character makes their exit, we do know that fans can only expect to see [redacted] in half-a-dozen episodes of the upcoming season.

As much as I liked said character, it may actually help the series.

Like I said, I like the Human vs Nature conflict better than Human vs Human. I think the survival and zombie themes are what made the show good. Maybe they will break from the comics and get back to survival and not personal drama...
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:54 am

I was watching this great new ZPAW show on Netflix. It is about this man who is trying to locate and then keep his family safe in the ZPAW. His best friend also survives although their relationship gets rocky. Along the way he meets new friends as they face deadly challenges and struggle to make the most of it in a difficult world gone mad. It is called "The Walking Dead Season 1". There is also this dude in it with a crossbow that is really nifty.
Shall be my brother

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:27 am

Stercutus wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:54 am
I was watching this great new ZPAW show on Netflix. It is about this man who is trying to locate and then keep his family safe in the ZPAW. His best friend also survives although their relationship gets rocky. Along the way he meets new friends as they face deadly challenges and struggle to make the most of it in a difficult world gone mad. It is called "The Walking Dead Season 1". There is also this dude in it with a crossbow that is really nifty.
I remember that show! It was taut, well-written and moved along briskly. It continually surprised and delighted even though I had read the source material. I even wrote a short review of the show where I described it as a story "where the characters make - by and large - smart, rational decisions in extraordinarily difficult circumstances. And in spite of their best efforts, things keep getting worse."

It's been replaced by another zombie show that's bloated, ponderous, and written in the way that has the characters continually doing dumb things to manufacture drama, and basically just jerks the viewer around from one mildly disappointing episode to the next.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:00 am

majorhavoc wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:27 am
Stercutus wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:54 am
I remember that show! It was taut, well-written and moved along briskly. It continually surprised and delighted even though I had read the source material. I even wrote a short review of the show where I described it as a story "where the characters make - by and large - smart, rational decisions in extraordinarily difficult circumstances. And in spite of their best efforts, things keep getting worse."

It's been replaced by another zombie show that's bloated, ponderous, and written in the way that has the characters continually doing dumb things to manufacture drama, and basically just jerks the viewer around from one mildly disappointing episode to the next.
Don't spoil it for me. I don't want to watch the other show. I'm up to the part where the crossbow guy found out his brother cut his own hand off to escape the zombies and he has disappeared. I am thinking now he won't be able to ever get along with that the deputy who keeps calling himself a police officer.
Shall be my brother

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:52 am

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:15 pm

Oh boy Rick just killed off another of the party family members. This time a little girl he abandoned in a dark hole to the zombies. We won't see her again. Hopefully he will learn from his mistake and that won't happen again.

This Andrea chick is annoying as hell. She is like stupid on steroids with an over confidence button to boot. Manic-Depressive as well. They need to dump her ass she is a huge liability. Also the false moralizing from the adulteress is getting tiring. That Daryl kid though looks like he was made for the ZPAW.
Shall be my brother

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:50 am

S9x01 "Leadership Clash" opening scene...

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:59 am

These trailers have got me on edge! Talking zombies! If only no one had thought of that! This series is suffering a slower, more painful and worthless death than even Coral. I guess it speaks volumes that I'll probably DVR it and watch it writhe later.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:06 pm

Rick's new zombie smasher looks a lot like a foam rubber LARPing mace. :rofl:

https://www.calimacil.com/products/odo-2-larp-mace

Return to “Zombie Training Films”