"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by RickOShea » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:48 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:51 am

Nice episode review from Forbes.com that pretty much nails many fans' frustration with the lazy writing and overly contrived nature of the plot.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2 ... 6fd8110ae9
Simon recruits Dwight and a small band of others who are as unhappy as he is with the 'big man' and his lack of results in the war with Rick. He then proceeds to meet with them in the middle of the day in a relatively public place where anybody could be listening.

Is this the action of a smart man? Simon isn't stupid even if he isn't a brilliant schemer. This kind of fatal error is something only a complete idiot would do, and yet here we have Negan's #2 man meeting with a bunch of people in public to plan the murder and ouster of a man as dangerous as Negan.

Why even gather a group like this to begin with? What's the point? Simon was close enough to Negan to simply put a bullet in his head at the right moment.
Simon's fate was pre-determined. Simon’s death last night was no surprise, despite the fact that he’s not a comic character and therefore we really shouldn’t know what happens to him. It became clear over time that Simon’s purpose was to make Negan look slightly less terrible, to show that at least Negan’s not as bad as this psycho.

And this knowledge, this certainty, that Simon was going to lose the fight and die regardless of every other consideration is exactly what robbed the entire sequence of its tension and impact.

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: None

Post by Asymetryczna » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:05 pm

We all knew that despite Simon's obvious physical advantages and ruthless nature he was going to lose to Negan because Negan has plot armor (and by plot armor I mean the mithril mail variety, agonizingly impenetrable.)
So true. Too funny.

Best guesses for the finale?
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:33 pm

About like the comics, 'cept Rick made it through without getting his leg broke....

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:43 pm

Never mind the blundering mistakes, plodding story, endless contrived cliffhangers. By the shark jumping writers. It suddenly occurred to me a few weeks back. Just how hard is it to evade a predatory creature that can only move at a walking pace and is easily distracted by sound and moving objects ?

Anti zombie ( sound and motion ) device ( TOP SECRET...... Shhh don't tell Rick ). Maybe :arrow: Eugene :idea: will invent one in his laboratory.
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:06 pm

flybynight wrote:Never mind the blundering mistakes, plodding story, endless contrived cliffhangers. By the shark jumping writers. It suddenly occurred to me a few weeks back. Just how hard is it to evade a predatory creature that can only move at a walking pace and is easily distracted by sound and moving objects ?

Anti zombie ( sound and motion ) device ( TOP SECRET...... Shhh don't tell Rick ). Maybe :arrow: Eugene :idea: will invent one in his laboratory.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:12 pm

RickOShea wrote:
flybynight wrote:Never mind the blundering mistakes, plodding story, endless contrived cliffhangers. By the shark jumping writers. It suddenly occurred to me a few weeks back. Just how hard is it to evade a predatory creature that can only move at a walking pace and is easily distracted by sound and moving objects ?

Ah yes the solar powered wind chime. Good thing those panels are pointed at the sun

John Titor was right

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:15 pm

I'll continue watching, this was one of the weird "feel good" episodes. Of course now you've gotta have the internal strife. Took care of the big threat, so why wouldn't Maggie turn on Rick because she didn't get sweet sweet revenge. I'm just confused why Jesus would go along with it? Kinda seems like the opposite as his normal MO, but eh. It was one of the better episodes recently I thought.

The Morgan second half was....... Weird. Took me a minute to figure out who the people at the end were. This could be kinda fun.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

rooks

Post by rooks » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:20 pm

Halfapint wrote:I'll continue watching, this was one of the weird "feel good" episodes. Of course now you've gotta have the internal strife. Took care of the big threat, so why wouldn't Maggie turn on Rick because she didn't get sweet sweet revenge. I'm just confused why Jesus would go along with it? Kinda seems like the opposite as his normal MO, but eh. It was one of the better episodes recently I thought.

The Morgan second half was....... Weird. Took me a minute to figure out who the people at the end were. This could be kinda fun.
This also fits with reports Lauren Cohen is ready to move on because of money.

Season 9 will be "Rick keeps Negan a prisoner causing a split in the camp. Negan will end up killing Maggie, so Rick will have to kill Neg's for reals to reunite the camp". Lots of emo, and unfortunately will likely take the entire season.
~ Russ

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Asymetryczna » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:13 am

Lots of emo
Haha. I had to look that up. I must be getting old. I knew it was getting to be nearly the end of the spring season but I stopped watching after Season 3, when the old governor on that farm kept jumping over that shark's head he kept in the jar. Also that Daryl aims the crossbow using the eye that is always covered with hair...that seems a bit unrealistic.
Henry David Thoreau

Bearcat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Do I have to choose?

Post by Bearcat » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:43 pm

That was such an anti-climatic ending. Man this show has really gone down.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Jvandenhaus wrote:Zombie squad: If you aren't one of us, you wish you were.

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Asymetryczna » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:59 am

Henry David Thoreau

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:21 am

Bearcat wrote:That was such an anti-climatic ending. Man this show has really gone down.
Agree. While contrived, this episode had the look and feel of a series finale. They should quit while they're ahead not too far behind OK too late even for that :roll: .

Oh, and I guess we now know the "secret" of the mysterious helicopter - it exists to transport Morgan out of the junkyard and on his way to the west coast for his appearance on Fear the Walking Dead. So are they just going to totally ignore the gaping timeline disparity?

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:48 am

majorhavoc wrote: So are they just going to totally ignore the gaping timeline disparity?
I was wondering the same thing in the FTWD thread....
RickOShea wrote:With the Morgan character joining FTWD, there must be a helluva time-jump between last season and this upcoming 4th season.....according to the timeline wiki for both shows, the CDC building in Atlanta blowing-up (end of TWD season 1) and Nick blowing-up the dam (end of FTWD season 3) both occur on the same day.Image

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Asymetryczna » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:58 pm

gaping timeline disparity?
Wut? I thought they were both on Sunday night TV.
Henry David Thoreau

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:02 pm

I like how Morgan passed his plot armor to Carol in the most literal way.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:56 pm

Asymetryczna wrote:
gaping timeline disparity?
Wut? I thought they were both on Sunday night TV.
Well the alter-rick crew were on that Gilligan Island cruise all the second season of ftwd

John Titor was right

Bearcat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Do I have to choose?

Post by Bearcat » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:22 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
Bearcat wrote:That was such an anti-climatic ending. Man this show has really gone down.
Agree. While contrived, this episode had the look and feel of a series finale. They should quit while they're ahead not too far behind OK too late even for that :roll: .

Oh, and I guess we now know the "secret" of the mysterious helicopter - it exists to transport Morgan out of the junkyard and on his way to the west coast for his appearance on Fear the Walking Dead. So are they just going to totally ignore the gaping timeline disparity?
I didn't even think about that. TBH, I stopped watching fear the walking dead after they left the mexican mansion and while they were all scattered. The premise was supposed to be centered around how people dealt with the fall of society at the outbreak, which they basically leapfrogged through after ~half a season. Once they got to the mansion I felt the show took on this weird focus towards spiritualism and mental psyche of the survivors while surviving and dealing with existential threats became secondary. Only reason I know anything about the current plots is from the few trailers I see.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Jvandenhaus wrote:Zombie squad: If you aren't one of us, you wish you were.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:03 am

Walking Dead windmill coming to Senoia

“The Walking Dead” won’t be going anywhere any time soon. In fact, they’re building a windmill.

Monday night, Location Manager Mike Riley asked the Senoia City Council for permission to build a 55-foot tall windmill on the “Alexandria” site, located the Gin Property development in downtown – and to keep it there for three years.

Stalwart Films, the production company for “The Walking Dead,” has a permit for the closure of Morgan Street and the corrugated metal wall around the Alexandria site, which expires at the end of 2019. Riley asked that those permits be extended to match the three year permit for the windmill.

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:38 am

RickOShea wrote:
majorhavoc wrote: So are they just going to totally ignore the gaping timeline disparity?
I was wondering the same thing in the FTWD thread....
RickOShea wrote:With the Morgan character joining FTWD, there must be a helluva time-jump between last season and this upcoming 4th season.....according to the timeline wiki for both shows, the CDC building in Atlanta blowing-up (end of TWD season 1) and Nick blowing-up the dam (end of FTWD season 3) both occur on the same day.Image

When I first heard about it I was thinking it was going to be a flashback. Because IIRC Morgan wasn't in any TWD episodes for a while around S2-3, which probably would have coincided with the FTWD timeline after its last season which would have made it reasonable or a 'common sense timeline control'. But it appears FTWD just jumped a few years into the future to meet up with Morgan.

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Asymetryczna » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:57 am

So, at least 3 more years you say? WTH? No one in America has an attention span that long. It might be to give them time to write Fear your Fear of Fear the Walking Dead.
Henry David Thoreau

NapalmMan67

Post by NapalmMan67 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:44 pm

Asymetryczna wrote:So, at least 3 more years you say? WTH? No one in America has an attention span that long. It might be to give them time to write Fear your Fear of Fear the Walking Dead.
I was afeared someone would say this was the next series.
Always have a buddy and a backup plan!

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:04 pm

Asymetryczna wrote:So, at least 3 more years you say? WTH? No one in America has an attention span that long. It might be to give them time to write Clear your Fear of Fear the Walking Dead.
Fixed that for ya .

John Titor was right

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Asymetryczna » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:09 am

Haha. Nice. I saw on one of the reality talking-talking talk shows that they sell a nice, black, rock-concert looking t-shirt with Morgan on the front of it and the word "Clear." I considered buying one but then thought how much I dislike the fact that he appears to have the mental capacity of a Carp in about half the episodes now, as in not-so clear. Somebody ought to sit him down out of the action if he is that slow mentally and yet that lethal. I also did not like the fact that the shirts only come in black, as if we are all residents of NYC or paying homage to just one aspect of the great Johnny Cash. Although I would argue that it was one of my favorite episodes -mainly due to the fact that the characters have a great appreciation for the hiking stick and have DYI models rather than those silly store bought things - it just doesn't make me think like it would if it had a less congruent message like a picture of Eugene and the word "Beer." In the end, I ordered a couple to add to care packages my church puts together to send as aid packages. And I found a shirt with this logo, which I can wear.
Henry David Thoreau

Return to “Zombie Training Films”