"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: None

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Asymetryczna » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:31 am

Hahahahahha. Dumb-ass show...but I am caught up now and thought to come here and read a bit so in less than 10 minutes I am laughing as hard as I can. Here are the real gems:
3. The first reason is the zombie fad has died down.
2. Holy shit Carl, just freaking die already!!!!!
And my favorite:
1. Carl just wouldn't stay in the f*cking house.
That's a t-shirt or decal that would sell out quickly.

P.S. Anyone have connections? I'd like to pen-pal with Jadis.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

gundogs

Post by gundogs » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:17 am

What powered the big meat grinder?

Iowa_guy
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Post by Iowa_guy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:47 am

gundogs wrote:What powered the big meat grinder?
Guessing batteries that were charged with their solar panels next to the helipad.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:42 pm

Iowa_guy wrote:
Guessing batteries that were charged with their solar panels next to the helipad.
That's my guess. Or maybe they have a small nuke reactor under the dump? Probably solar powered batteries though.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:58 pm

Halfapint wrote:
Iowa_guy wrote:
That's my guess. Or maybe they have a small nuke reactor under the dump? Probably solar powered batteries though.
Probably would be moar realistic if they had a methane genny set-up.....

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:46 am

A much, much better episode than last weeks bloated "Die already, Carl!" installment.

Glad to see Maggie's message was delivered directly to Negan. So they're only now finding out their sat station garrison has been wiped out. And they're soon to learn that Gavin's team is likewise gone.

Waiting for Simon to get his richly deserved just desserts. Lucille is a thirsty gal and she hasn't been fed in a while. So I wonder what's going to give Simon away: the blue paint on his shoe, or the conspicuous lack of bullets his team has? They made a point of mentioning their impending ammo shortage earlier in the episode.

I personally am hoping for the later, as that be an advantage for Team Rick, which needs all the help it can get ...

And a special shout out to the prosthetics and practical effects teams for just outstanding work this week. Both the walker getting his cheek hung up on Alexandria's front gate and the whole trash shredder sequence. And I haven't enjoyed a flying skull cap shot this much since Kill Bill, Vol. I. It's heartwarming scenes like those that keep me coming back to this highly flawed series.

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Asymetryczna » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:09 pm

majorhavoc wrote:It's heartwarming scenes like those that keep me coming back
Yes.
Henry David Thoreau

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:07 pm

I read two articles that have interesting takes on everything.

1. Jadis will be the leader of the whisperers after her whole community has been wiped out by Simon.

2. Simon will rise as the new super villain, which may make Negan and Rick team up sooner than later.

I always liked Jeffrey Dean Morgan's Negan... But not as a villain. So I would like both those arcs.

And as always, cut down on the cheese and amp up the gritty...
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Hiroshima_Morphine
Favorite Zombie Movies: Gone With The Wind - wait maybe I just felt
like a zombie after watching it for the 100th time as a kid.

Post by Hiroshima_Morphine » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:43 am

RickOShea wrote:
Halfapint wrote:
Iowa_guy wrote:
Probably would be moar realistic if they had a methane genny set-up.....

As if any of the writers have even heard of this or acre about logical explanations for Post-ZA gore fest scenes.
Commies to the left of me, Nazis to the right
Here I am stuck in the middle... with you?

Twitter: @AnonymityGone

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:53 pm

Hiroshima_Morphine wrote:
As if any of the writers have even heard of this or acre about logical explanations for Post-ZA gore fest scenes.
I agree there's a lot in TWD that's utterly nonsensical. But in this case, I think there's a coherent meaning to electricity being available to run that trash shredder. A junk yard with a solar array and a helipad are just a little too incongruous to be mere random details. And I can recall at least two scenes over the life of the series conspicuously showing a helicopter flying overhead, with no obvious explanation.

There's definitely something important under that trash pile. And Rick ensured that he antagonized the one person who knows something about it.

echo83

Post by echo83 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:24 am

majorhavoc wrote:
I agree there's a lot in TWD that's utterly nonsensical. But in this case, I think there's a coherent meaning to electricity being available to run that trash shredder. A junk yard with a solar array and a helipad are just a little too incongruous to be mere random details. And I can recall at least two scenes over the life of the series conspicuously showing a helicopter flying overhead, with no obvious explanation.

There's definitely something important under that trash pile. And Rick ensured that he antagonized the one person who knows something about it.

I'm betting it's an industrial-sized tub of chocolate pudding that will bring Coral back to life.

Hiroshima_Morphine
Favorite Zombie Movies: Gone With The Wind - wait maybe I just felt
like a zombie after watching it for the 100th time as a kid.

Post by Hiroshima_Morphine » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:07 pm

echo83 wrote:
majorhavoc wrote:

I'm betting it's an industrial-sized tub of chocolate pudding that will bring Coral back to life.

On a random side note-

We actually have 112 oz can of chocolate pudding in our preps.

In the event that the Zomb-acolypse does happen, I have told my wife and kids I will be sitting on the roof in my cowboy hat and eating it all by myself.
Commies to the left of me, Nazis to the right
Here I am stuck in the middle... with you?

Twitter: @AnonymityGone

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:56 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:I read two articles that have interesting takes on everything.

1. Jadis will be the leader of the whisperers after her whole community has been wiped out by Simon.
Ugh....I wish they'd just skip the Whisperers (or do something different), do the time jump, and go straight to the New-World-Order Stormtroopers. :crazy:

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:44 am

Well that was another pretty good epp. Minus of course Rick going full teenager and blowing his load (ammo) in the first few seconds. However, I give him mad props for lighting "Lucile" on fire and fucking with Negan. Curious what Jadis is going to do, and where she's going? Maybe meat the fate of her compatriots?
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:12 pm

So does the new episodes start pretty soon? :arrow: :idea: :lol:
As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Asymetryczna » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:33 am

I have never been much into comic books but for those that are they ought to visit this site:
Digital Comic Book Museum – Free Comic Books

3/26 update. I didn't watch last night. Turned off the TV around 8:00 P.M. and turned on a reading light.
Henry David Thoreau

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:15 pm

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Asymetryczna » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:25 am

I prefer not to be up late on Sunday night; still, I thought that (4/08) was a great episode. Rosita's voice was heard, clear, direct, purposeful. She cares for Eugene like the rest of us, eager to hear what is going to come out of his mouth next and yet sometimes wishing to see his melon explode. I think the actress has a bright future. Amo su primer nombre. Y sus ojos también.
Speaking of great visuals: Dwight pondering his future in half of the screen while the other featured a zed chained to the fence. I had to back up there and pause it. Great camera work. Dwight was fighting off a panic attack after the ambiguous talk with Neegan, while 10 feet in front of him there was a walker chained to the fence as part of the local security. Seemingly, all depth was removed and they were juxtaposed both in terms of who am I and where am I going. It insisted upon itself. Brilliant.
Maybe it was just me, or my TV settings, or my post-dusk tobacco choice, but it seemed that the camera made Simon's head grow to immense sizes depending on the angle and this worked for me, the ego being what it is and what it can be if fed by too much hubris.
That all of the actors could disregard the world and show up on stage for the big brawl was so West Side Story that it was admirable, and the fight itself was old school, not something most modern people in leadership positions would take on, risking it all by doing the heavy lifting oneself I mean.
Blame it caffeine and nicotine but I'll also offer critique. Simon really began to annoy me as he became more and more Jack Nicholson, all mouth and teeth with self assigned authority and you cant handle my truth. See ya. Daryl's tracking skills are so legendary that he can see footprints in the ashes but cannot not see ashy footprints coming out on to the pavement.

All in all, this episode reminded me of a comic book in terms of art, with info I'd like to know left out between scenes, and some scenes looming much larger than others in terms of their context and meaning. My own patience is suspect as well. I'd prefer to have found out about this show after it had ended in that suspense for suspense sake does not work for me with life so short and so many choices being available. A ratio of 3:1, 3 years per binge weekend would probably work best. And so it goes...
Henry David Thoreau

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:36 am

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:23 am

Agree some, disagree some.
Asymetryczna wrote:Rosita's voice was heard, clear, direct, purposeful. She cares for Eugene like the rest of us, eager to hear what is going to come out of his mouth next .
I recall Rosita telling Eugene to shut the hell up and that he was a lying, selfish, self serving traitor who had betrayed the only true friends he had. The only thing that came out of Eugene's mouth in that episode that was remotely interesting got sprayed all of Rosita's face and chest.
Asymetryczna wrote:Speaking of great visuals: Dwight pondering his future in half of the screen while the other featured a zed chained to the fence. I had to back up there and pause it. Great camera work. Dwight was fighting off a panic attack after the ambiguous talk with Neegan, while 10 feet in front of him there was a walker chained to the fence as part of the local security. Seemingly, all depth was removed and they were juxtaposed both in terms of who am I and where am I going. It insisted upon itself. Brilliant.

Agree. Reminiscent of similar camera work the previous episode when Morgan finally told Rick the only reason why he helped Rick when they first met was because his son was there. The obvious implication being the only thing preserving Morgan's humanity was the presence of his son. That dialog was followed by a lingering shot of Rick's reflection in a cracked mirror as he contemplated Morgan's admission. Rick of course has just lost Carl, who even in death was trying to appeal to his father's humanity. This right after Rick told a bald faced lie and brutally sacrificed the saviors who had tried to help him ...
Asymetryczna wrote:Maybe it was just me, or my TV settings, or my post-dusk tobacco choice, but it seemed that the camera made Simon's head grow to immense sizes depending on the angle and this worked for me, the ego being what it is and what it can be if fed by too much hubris.
Nah, that's just Steven Ogg's magificently impressive forehead. :lol:
Asymetryczna wrote: Daryl's tracking skills are so legendary that he can see footprints in the ashes but cannot not see ashy footprints coming out on to the pavement.

Yeah, that whole sequence when Rosita and Daryl brilliantly captured Eugene only to let him escape (while bound at the wrists no less) just struck me as stupid. The selective application of plot armor and contrived dramatic reversals has annoyed me periodically throughout this series. Not always, but when it happens it strikes me as lazy writing and disrespect for the viewing audience's intelligence.
Last edited by majorhavoc on Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:14 am

Yeah, that whole sequence when Rosita and Daryl brilliantly captured Eugene only to let him escape (while bound at the wrists no less) just struck me as stupid. The selective application of plot armor and contrived dramatic reversals has annoyed me periodically throughout this series. Not always, but when it happens it strikes me as lazy writing and disrespect for the viewing audience's intelligence.
I note that despite the diner serving swill you are still at the trough chowing down.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Asymetryczna » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:16 am

Thank you Havoc. Trending as of late on the interwebz I see nothing but simple sentences like, "I quit watching after Season 3, when the Governor rode off on the shark with Pinky Tuscadero." Since I trend the anti-trending, and I have Sophist training, I prefer to just be "Asymet the Quarrelsome" as it relates to television. So, although I greatly appreciate your intelligent and insightful response, I disagree with you completely :/

One should not feel like their intelligence is questioned while watching. It's candy for the brain. Come on, they tied tin sheets to their cars and called them armored against small arms. The primary target of all their hatred stood 50 feet away in front of all their guns and they played peeky-boo while shouting harsh words. I pump my fist and cheer when I see that. YES! Everyone likes to fire on auto instead of adopting a 1 head 1 bullet campaign. Sweet! One walker needs his head cut in half with a Samurai sword and the next is dispatched with a Q-Tip, applied gently to the forehead over the eye. Nice! If I want to think deeply I can sit in my easy chair and visit with a good hardback book. On Sunday evenings when my brain is either considering all of the things I did not get done over the weekend, like skipping a good hike to watch the Hong Kong 7's; or, planning how to get all the things done in the next week that is on my checklist, I like to pick Mack Bolan over George Smiley. But then I have to shut it off quickly because if that Talking show comes on with the guy that talks real fast, and the zombie quiz music plays, I know I'll be lucky to get 15 minutes of respite before the alarm goes off at 0400. (I'll add that once, during a 15-minute sleep, I dreamt that Merle, Daryl, Neegan, Morgan, Carol, the King, Simon, Dwight and I all rode into Atlanta to play 2SM1BC. Our bikes were loud and our jackets read "Tiger M.C." The rules were simple: 2 single malts and 1 beer chaser per establishment. Then we ride. The last person standing did not have to pay a cent. Well, all went well until we got to the Vortex Bar n Grill. Then, the Skipper, from Gilligan's Island, showed up and wanted to fight everyone. Ezekiel was not having it and nearly took him apart. I scrambled to get away from the scene but got lost and have yet to link back up with them. I heard that Carol won that weekend but what is really crazy is that I have been sober for nearly 4 years so there is really no way I could have participated.)

The choices are not great at the end of the week. This week’s Award Show (Hint: Everyone will receive an award), Vamos a Cocinar Comida Picante on the Spanish Channel, reruns of Petticoat Junction or old episodes of games from the kNeeling Football League (the k is silent).

If a few families in every state made it a point to watch together every Sunday, and this compelled them to buy some camping gear, to travel and spend the night outdoors, to visit a firing range and to consider and discuss potential emergencies they might face together, I say “Right On.” Zombies of some kind may come at you. Mostly though, I find it entertaining.
Henry David Thoreau

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:22 pm

Asymetryczna wrote:I dreamt that Merle, Daryl, Neegan, Morgan, Carol, the King, Simon, Dwight and I all rode into Atlanta to play 2SM1BC. Our bikes were loud and our jackets read "Tiger M.C." The rules were simple: 2 single malts and 1 beer chaser per establishment. Then we ride. The last person standing did not have to pay a cent. Well, all went well until we got to the Vortex Bar n Grill. Then, the Skipper, from Gilligan's Island, showed up and wanted to fight everyone. Ezekiel was not having it and nearly took him apart. I scrambled to get away from the scene but got lost and have yet to link back up with them. I heard that Carol won that weekend but what is really crazy is that I have been sober for nearly 4 years so there is really no way I could have participated.)
Uh, waitress? I'll have whatever he's having. :crazy:

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:07 pm

One should not feel like their intelligence is questioned while watching. It's candy for the brain. Come on, they tied tin sheets to their cars and called them armored against small arms. The primary target of all their hatred stood 50 feet away in front of all their guns and they played peeky-boo while shouting harsh words.
It was so much more fun when the ATeam did back in the 80s.
majorhavoc wrote:
Asymetryczna wrote:I dreamt that Merle, Daryl, Neegan, Morgan, Carol, the King, Simon, Dwight and I all rode into Atlanta to play 2SM1BC. Our bikes were loud and our jackets read "Tiger M.C." The rules were simple: 2 single malts and 1 beer chaser per establishment. Then we ride. The last person standing did not have to pay a cent. Well, all went well until we got to the Vortex Bar n Grill. Then, the Skipper, from Gilligan's Island, showed up and wanted to fight everyone. Ezekiel was not having it and nearly took him apart. I scrambled to get away from the scene but got lost and have yet to link back up with them. I heard that Carol won that weekend but what is really crazy is that I have been sober for nearly 4 years so there is really no way I could have participated.)
Uh, waitress? I'll have whatever he's having. :crazy:
2 single malts and 1 beer chaser
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Return to “Zombie Training Films”