It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 511, 512, 513, 514, 515, 516, 517  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:23 am 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

I've been picking up some disturbing chatter that Kirkman has floated the idea of "immunity" to the walker infection and that Carl might not be quite so doomed after all.

I seriously hope not because AFAIK, immunity isn't part of comic book universe. I know the TV series doesn't treat the comic book material is absolute cannon, but this would represent some serious shark jump-atude. If they keep Carl after this, that'll mean they're deliberately toying with the fans with no regard for a coherent plot structure.

Final three seasons of Lost, anyone?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:54 pm 

yea, he pulls that or another Glenn under the dumpster, it might be time to find another series

raptor wrote:
...I am allergic to bullets;I break out in blood.
jnathan wrote:
... you can choke on my Hebrew National.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:42 pm 

majorhavoc wrote:
I've been picking up some disturbing chatter that Kirkman has floated the idea of "immunity" to the walker infection and that Carl might not be quite so doomed after all.

I seriously hope not because AFAIK, immunity isn't part of comic book universe. I know the TV series doesn't treat the comic book material is absolute cannon, but this would represent some serious shark jump-atude. If they keep Carl after this, that'll mean they're deliberately toying with the fans with no regard for a coherent plot structure.

Unlikely.

Within days of the last episode airing, the actor playing Carl posted images on social media of him with his hair cut.

He's done.

Maggie will be gone soon too. The actress, Lauren Cohen, in recent negations was trying to get more money closer to what Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus (Rick and Darryl) get paid - and she's well worth it. They said no, because they're idiots, so she's now looking at other shows and considering pilots for new shows (which she's in high demand for).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:22 am 

majorhavoc wrote:

If you get bitten by a polar bear it cancels out the zombie bite? Does Sawyer save Rick from Neagan? Does Evangeline Lilly replace Lauren Cohen? I'm torn but intrigued.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:06 am 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

rooks wrote:
Maggie will be gone soon too. The actress, Lauren Cohen, in recent negations was trying to get more money closer to what Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus (Rick and Darryl) get paid - and she's well worth it. They said no, because they're idiots,

I agree (that they're idiots). Having character fates driven by the producers' backwards thinking about pay equity is nearly as bad as jumping the shark with ridiculous gotcha! plot twists. In both cases, it drives a serious wedge between the viewers and their investment in a story that's supposed to at least make sense.

Well at least for this viewer.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:21 am 

Just saw this had to share

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:41 pm 

Holy shit Carl, just freaking die already!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:48 pm 

yossarian wrote:

I know right? Anyone else it's 3 minutes and they've got a knife to the head. I'm just glad he's finally gone.

Of course, the whole show could have been only an hour if it hadn't been for the 278 commercials peppered in every 3 1/2 minutes of the show. WTF, are they in competition with the NFL for most commercials during their runtime?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:08 pm 

yossarian wrote:

LOL this was what I was thinking. Good epp but damn so much CORAL time.

Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:31 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I like this article about killing characters for the sake of killing characters. I still hold that the producers are too much like edgy teenagers saying "you can't tell me what to do, mom... Err... I mean viewers" and sabotage ratings

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2 ... again/amp/

On a positive note though, I think one way to save the show is to focus on day-to-day survival and less on a huge plotline with dramatic monologues about morality.

I wanna see supply runs. I wanna see small skirmishes with walkers and walker packs. I wanna see plans to build generators and gardens in funny character-building sequences. I wanna see someone search for a cure or go hunting.

Kinda like "supernatural", where some episodes are mostly stand alone with 10% of the script moving in parallel with the overriding story arc.

zero11010 wrote:
The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:52 am 

Halfapint wrote:
yossarian wrote:

LOL this was what I was thinking. Good epp but damn so much CORAL time.

I fell asleep-

Did he ever die?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:43 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

JeeperCreeper wrote:
I like this article about killing characters for the sake of killing characters. I still hold that the producers are too much like edgy teenagers saying "you can't tell me what to do, mom... Err... I mean viewers" and sabotage ratings

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2 ... again/amp/

On a positive note though, I think one way to save the show is to focus on day-to-day survival and less on a huge plotline with dramatic monologues about morality.

I wanna see supply runs. I wanna see small skirmishes with walkers and walker packs. I wanna see plans to build generators and gardens in funny character-building sequences. I wanna see someone search for a cure or go hunting.

Thanks for sharing that article. Interestingly though, it doesn't entirely mesh with the desire (which I share, to some extent) to see more routine, realistic aspects of day-to-day survival.

The Forbes article hits that nail on the head by pointing out that the reason we watch the show is because ultimately, we identify with the characters and follow them because they have a story to tell. One that we care about. When a central character dies randomly, pointlessly, it cuts off the opportunity to hear/see that story unfold. It undermines our investment in the story.

Ironically, that's not at all how real life works. There isn't a grand, over arching plot to most of our lives. Much of it, including injury, disease and death, are largely random. But it's precisely because a good novel, short story, movie or television show doesn't strictly adhere to that essential randomness of life that makes them so entertaining. There's a structure for us to follow.

I get it that Chandler Riggs wanted off the show. So obviously the writers didn't have control over the need for him to die. But they could have been a lot more clever in how they handled it. Something a little more resonant than: goodbye everyone, I love you Dad, you're my best friend Michonne. And Judith? Have a hat.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:43 pm 

majorhavoc wrote:

Thanks for sharing that article. Interestingly though, it doesn't entirely mesh with the desire (which I share, to some extent) to see more routine, realistic aspects of day-to-day survival.

The Forbes article hits that nail on the head by pointing out that the reason we watch the show is because ultimately, we identify with the characters and follow them because they have a story to tell. One that we care about. When a central character dies randomly, pointlessly, it cuts off the opportunity to hear/see that story unfold. It undermines our investment in the story.

Ironically, that's not at all how real life works. There isn't a grand, over arching plot to most of our lives. Much of it, including injury, disease and death, are largely random. But it's precisely because a good novel, short story, movie or television show doesn't strictly adhere to that essential randomness of life that makes them so entertaining. There's a structure for us to follow.

I get it that Chandler Riggs wanted off the show. So obviously the writers didn't have control over the need for him to die. But they could have been a lot more clever in how they handled it. Something a little more resonant than: goodbye everyone, I love you Dad, you're my best friend Michonne. And Judith? Have a hat.

I would have loved if they let him go out guns blazing. Would have been fun if he went straight for Negan. Let him get close enough to wound him before Negan ultimately kills him. Could have highlighted a weakness of Negan, and would be more than enough to get Rick out of his emo funk to finally take him out.

Would have been far more interesting to watch than what we got.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:04 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Negan tending the 'mater plants in Carl's dream....Carl's final speech and death will be a reason why Rick won't kill Negan when this "All Out War" story arc is finally over.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:42 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:54 pm 

According to TV Line interview of Riggs he was surprised to find out he was being killed off.

Really sappy extended way to go.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:56 pm 

Meat grinder stolen from Kingsmen II?

Really really gross.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:22 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

So much for the garbage pail kids.Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:27 am 

For the first time ever watching this show I found myself yelling at Rick tonight-

'I'm gonna' kill you'

Seriously, dude!? Negan is mourning Carl's death more than you! Just move on and piss on some one else's apocalypse!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:36 am 

Jadis should open a Maid-Rite.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:38 am 

Did anyone get an 80s vibe in the first part?!?! I liked this epp!!!!

Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:34 am 

I am still wondering about the conversation between Jadis and Simon. Solar panels and a helipad out back, plus she dropped the weird speech pattern. Wonder if the Heapsters had pulled a Wakanda on everyone and have access to some awesome stuff. Of course she likely has no people left but could offer it to some other faction.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:56 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Iowa_guy wrote:
I am still wondering about the conversation between Jadis and Simon. Solar panels and a helipad out back, plus she dropped the weird speech pattern. Wonder if the Heapsters had pulled a Wakanda on everyone and have access to some awesome stuff. Of course she likely has no people left but could offer it to some other faction.

I guess the helicopter that Rick saw in "The Big Scary U" wasn't just another throw-back to "Days Gone Bye"....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:58 pm 

Iowa_guy wrote:

I would say you're correct. When I saw her open the drawer and pull a case of food out I was curious. I'd remembered seeing the helipad and the panels in the shot that Rick posted. I have a feeling we'll only have to wait a week to see what she's up too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 511, 512, 513, 514, 515, 516, 517  Next