It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 510, 511, 512, 513, 514, 515, 516, 517  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:13 pm 

I couldnt finish this last episode. This show is just getting way too beyond pluto for me.

Ill go back and re watch some earlier episodes.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:24 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Asymetryczna wrote:
That timeline is ridiculous.

It was much easier to tell time when their was product placement by Hyundai...

https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2014-h ... 29775.html

zero11010 wrote:
The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:39 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I was wondering about the extra $6K for that Hyundai and then got to the part about the survival backpack with water bottles.
The last episode was problematic - and simply increased the many questions I have. I also think people just tire of the constant big secret and cliffhanger drama. Its hard to out do ball bat beat downs and tigers but maybe Carl will get feverish and leave detailed plans for building a yellow submarine. This group has not been to sea yet.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:37 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Asymetryczna wrote:
...but maybe Carl will get feverish and leave detailed plans for building a yellow submarine. This group has not been to sea yet.

Yellow submarine, you say???

zero11010 wrote:
The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:10 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Well I liked it. And that long reverse dolly shot in the sewer tunnels at the end as the faintly lit Carl receded into the distance was a nice bit of symbolism. Definitely above average cinematography for a TV show.

Best line of dialogue:

[Rick to Negan] "Don't you ever shut up?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:38 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Agree, that was a great shot in the sewer system. Maybe I was just short on fuel because it was a long weekend and I had to get up early on Monday.
Once they were all down in the sewer system I could not get my mind off of that FATBERG blocking the flow of raw sewage beneath London.
To see them all crushed by the congealed mass of fat, wet wipes, nappies and poo would of had people talking the next day much more than what was advertised.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:57 pm 

Asymetryczna wrote:
Agree, that was a great shot in the sewer system. Maybe I was just short on fuel because it was a long weekend and I had to get up early on Monday.
Once they were all down in the sewer system I could not get my mind off of that FATBERG blocking the flow of raw sewage beneath London.
To see them all crushed by the congealed mass of fat, wet wipes, nappies and poo would of had people talking the next day much more than what was advertised.

Would have been a great way to end the show, IMHO.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:20 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

When you get right down to it, it all boils down to same old thing: Carl just wouldn't stay in the f*cking house.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:22 pm 

I stopped watching last season, but I still read this thread.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:38 am 

I don't know, but the team is getting annoying. The whole team whining, no energy. Carl, whining, Rick, whining, Michonne, whining, everybody whining. Back then badasses, now all depressed. Only Negan makes the show entertaining, and I'm just curious who is going to kill him.

The main team and their allies keep doing stupid things. The King was like: "they have the number, but we have the tactics"

Then they stand in the open field, being the perfect target for the .50 cal .

Great tactics right there...

Rick and Daryl beating up each others. 1 part of the team goes by the plan, the other half of the team goes against it.

If they want 1 more season, that should be really different if they want to keep the people at the TV screen. Something like the team goes finding the reason of the zombie infection or go for the cure or something. :v:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:28 am 

Steve74 wrote:
I don't know, but the team is getting annoying. The whole team whining, no energy. Carl, whining, Rick, whining, Michonne, whining, everybody whining. Back then badasses, now all depressed. Only Negan makes the show entertaining, and I'm just curious who is going to kill him.

The main team and their allies keep doing stupid things. The King was like: "they have the number, but we have the tactics"

Then they stand in the open field, being the perfect target for the .50 cal .

Great tactics right there...

Rick and Daryl beating up each others. 1 part of the team goes by the plan, the other half of the team goes against it.

If they want 1 more season, that should be really different if they want to keep the people at the TV screen. Something like the team goes finding the reason of the zombie infection or go for the cure or something. :v:

Meh- I'm vested at this point.

I keep tuning in to see who will kill Rick!

Somehow, Mr. Unstable-Asshat-Ambiguity is still alive.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:12 pm 

Hiroshima_Morphine wrote:

Problem is, the death of Rick is the end of the show. Kirkman has always said TWD was about Rick's journey, and everyone else was ancillary to his story. Whilst the show has no problem deviating from the comic, Rick is the one constant.

The only way they could continue this show properly after Rick dies was through Carl - but we now know that can't happen.

They should have killed Darryl. He's now useless. He spent half a season sulking about losing his jacket, and still refuses to bathe.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:49 pm 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

rooks wrote:
They should have killed Darryl. He's now useless. He spent half a season sulking about losing his jacket, and still refuses to bathe.

Ah now. I don't think it's a question of hygiene. I suspect Daryl found himself a whole crate of Dapper Dan Hair Pomage and simply doesn't understand that when it comes to hair cream, less is more.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:42 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Quote:
I suspect Daryl found himself a whole crate of Dapper Dan Hair Pomage
Yes. Great reference. That guy had the snort for making his point and the r-u-n-n-o-f-t woman. Perhaps the pomade, and Darryl's hair grease for that matter, could be used for fire starting. I used to wonder why Darryl wouldn't get it out of his eye but once I saw him in public on TV I realized it is glued there.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:08 am 

rooks wrote:
Hiroshima_Morphine wrote:

Problem is, the death of Rick is the end of the show. Kirkman has always said TWD was about Rick's journey, and everyone else was ancillary to his story. Whilst the show has no problem deviating from the comic, Rick is the one constant.

The only way they could continue this show properly after Rick dies was through Carl - but we now know that can't happen.

That is exactly my point, actually.

I know that the show would end when Rick dies, what I'm saying is that I'm ready for that. But I have now invested [8?] years into this show- so I'm going to continue to ride this train until it reaches its destination. No matter how stupid it gets.

But, seriously- can Rick die yet?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:14 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Film company fined in ‘The Walking Dead’ stuntman’s death

ATLANTA (AP) – Federal authorities have imposed the maximum allowable fines on a film company in the on-set death of a stuntman for “The Walking Dead.”

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration said in a news release Friday that it issued a “serious citation” to Stalwart Films LLC and proposed penalties totaling $12,675 “for failing to protect employees from fall hazards while filming.”

John Bernecker, 33, died July 12 from injuries suffered in a fall on the hit show’s set in Senoia, about 35 miles south of Atlanta.

According to a report from the Coweta County Sheriff’s Office, assistant director Matthew Goodwin told a responding officer that Bernecker intended to fall onto a pad but instead fell head-first onto concrete about 22 feet below.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:28 pm 

RickOShea wrote:

ATLANTA (AP) – Federal authorities have imposed the maximum allowable fines on a film company in the on-set death of a stuntman for “The Walking Dead.”

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration said in a news release Friday that it issued a “serious citation” to Stalwart Films LLC and proposed penalties totaling $12,675 “for failing to protect employees from fall hazards while filming.”

John Bernecker, 33, died July 12 from injuries suffered in a fall on the hit show’s set in Senoia, about 35 miles south of Atlanta.

According to a report from the Coweta County Sheriff’s Office, assistant director Matthew Goodwin told a responding officer that Bernecker intended to fall onto a pad but instead fell head-first onto concrete about 22 feet below.

Wow that is an error that boggles the mind of how it could have happened. Like jumping without a parachute.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:15 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Iowa_guy wrote:
RickOShea wrote:

Wow that is an error that boggles the mind of how it could have happened. Like jumping without a parachute.

Maybe more like jumping with a parachute....but missing the DZ and landing on the powerlines.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:10 pm 

rooks wrote:

Hmm, have you seen the movie 'Warm Bodies'? It could work, Rick's dead and Carl is one of the living dead. [or walking dead if you prefer] To be continued for 3 episodes in 2021 with an hour and 10 minute mid decade finally, so hold your breath.

Image ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:31 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

“The Walking Dead” Renewed for Ninth Season, Angela Kang Replacing Scott Gimple as Showrunner

http://www.tracking-board.com/the-walking-dead-renewed-for-ninth-season-angela-kang-replacing-scott-gimple-as-showrunner/

It will be no surprise to anyone that AMC Networks has renewed The Walking Dead for its ninth season, but it will be returning with a new showrunner next season. Long-time writer Angela Kang will be replacing Scott Gimple, who will be transitioned into his role as Chief Creative Officer for The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead.

The ninth and final season of The Walking Dead will debut this fall as AMC gears up for the return of the show for the second half of Season 8 next month.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:00 pm 

Interesting...final season.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:24 pm 

benja455 wrote:
Interesting...final season.

I have yet to see anything from AMC to say it will be the final season.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:38 pm 

MacWa77ace wrote:
Strikeback, a fav of mine, has 2 new episodes in S6, and I had to look at this the whole second ep. Painful. It's almost as bad as watching Carl try to walk with his way to low slung thigh rig.

<offtopic> Started watching this. You can definitely tell when Cinemax took over production... lol was interesting seeing Andrew Lincoln in the first season speaking with a British accent... lol</offtopic>

<topic>
Coooraaallll!
</topic>

raptor wrote:
...I am allergic to bullets;I break out in blood.
jnathan wrote:
... you can choke on my Hebrew National.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:34 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 510, 511, 512, 513, 514, 515, 516, 517  Next