It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 510, 511, 512, 513, 514, 515, 516, 517  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:13 pm 
Offline
*

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:03 am
Posts: 59
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 9 times
I couldnt finish this last episode. This show is just getting way too beyond pluto for me.

Ill go back and re watch some earlier episodes.


Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:24 pm 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:49 am
Posts: 1975
Location: Yo Momma's House
Has thanked: 313 times
Been thanked: 270 times
Asymetryczna wrote:
That timeline is ridiculous.


It was much easier to tell time when their was product placement by Hyundai...

https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2014-h ... 29775.html

_________________
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:
There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:
The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:39 pm 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:56 pm
Posts: 1134
Location: Possum Kingdom
Has thanked: 2772 times
Been thanked: 250 times
I was wondering about the extra $6K for that Hyundai and then got to the part about the survival backpack with water bottles.
The last episode was problematic - and simply increased the many questions I have. I also think people just tire of the constant big secret and cliffhanger drama. Its hard to out do ball bat beat downs and tigers but maybe Carl will get feverish and leave detailed plans for building a yellow submarine. This group has not been to sea yet.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:37 pm 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:49 am
Posts: 1975
Location: Yo Momma's House
Has thanked: 313 times
Been thanked: 270 times
Asymetryczna wrote:
...but maybe Carl will get feverish and leave detailed plans for building a yellow submarine. This group has not been to sea yet.


Yellow submarine, you say???

Image

_________________
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:
There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:
The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:10 pm 
Offline
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 10:06 am
Posts: 6651
Location: Maine
Has thanked: 265 times
Been thanked: 439 times
Well I liked it. And that long reverse dolly shot in the sewer tunnels at the end as the faintly lit Carl receded into the distance was a nice bit of symbolism. Definitely above average cinematography for a TV show.

Best line of dialogue:

[Rick to Negan] "Don't you ever shut up?

_________________
The Restless Dead http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=80397

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:38 pm 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:56 pm
Posts: 1134
Location: Possum Kingdom
Has thanked: 2772 times
Been thanked: 250 times
Agree, that was a great shot in the sewer system. Maybe I was just short on fuel because it was a long weekend and I had to get up early on Monday.
Once they were all down in the sewer system I could not get my mind off of that FATBERG blocking the flow of raw sewage beneath London.
To see them all crushed by the congealed mass of fat, wet wipes, nappies and poo would of had people talking the next day much more than what was advertised.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:57 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:19 pm
Posts: 2585
Location: Red River Valley
Has thanked: 325 times
Been thanked: 150 times
Asymetryczna wrote:
Agree, that was a great shot in the sewer system. Maybe I was just short on fuel because it was a long weekend and I had to get up early on Monday.
Once they were all down in the sewer system I could not get my mind off of that FATBERG blocking the flow of raw sewage beneath London.
To see them all crushed by the congealed mass of fat, wet wipes, nappies and poo would of had people talking the next day much more than what was advertised.


Would have been a great way to end the show, IMHO.

_________________
Commies to the left of me, Nazis to the right
Here I am stuck in the middle... with you?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:20 pm 
Offline
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 10:06 am
Posts: 6651
Location: Maine
Has thanked: 265 times
Been thanked: 439 times
When you get right down to it, it all boils down to same old thing: Carl just wouldn't stay in the f*cking house.

_________________
The Restless Dead http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=80397

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:22 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:44 pm
Posts: 14913
Location: Dogbane Patch, Carolina Piedmont
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 77 times
I stopped watching last season, but I still read this thread.

_________________
I am the undisputed creator of the zombie tornado. (High Ground series now available)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:38 am 
Offline
* *
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:51 pm
Posts: 110
Location: U.S.
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time
I don't know, but the team is getting annoying. The whole team whining, no energy. Carl, whining, Rick, whining, Michonne, whining, everybody whining. Back then badasses, now all depressed. Only Negan makes the show entertaining, and I'm just curious who is going to kill him.

The main team and their allies keep doing stupid things. The King was like: "they have the number, but we have the tactics"

Then they stand in the open field, being the perfect target for the .50 cal .

Great tactics right there...

Rick and Daryl beating up each others. 1 part of the team goes by the plan, the other half of the team goes against it.

If they want 1 more season, that should be really different if they want to keep the people at the TV screen. Something like the team goes finding the reason of the zombie infection or go for the cure or something. :v:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:28 am 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:19 pm
Posts: 2585
Location: Red River Valley
Has thanked: 325 times
Been thanked: 150 times
Steve74 wrote:
I don't know, but the team is getting annoying. The whole team whining, no energy. Carl, whining, Rick, whining, Michonne, whining, everybody whining. Back then badasses, now all depressed. Only Negan makes the show entertaining, and I'm just curious who is going to kill him.

The main team and their allies keep doing stupid things. The King was like: "they have the number, but we have the tactics"

Then they stand in the open field, being the perfect target for the .50 cal .

Great tactics right there...

Rick and Daryl beating up each others. 1 part of the team goes by the plan, the other half of the team goes against it.

If they want 1 more season, that should be really different if they want to keep the people at the TV screen. Something like the team goes finding the reason of the zombie infection or go for the cure or something. :v:


Meh- I'm vested at this point.

I keep tuning in to see who will kill Rick!

Somehow, Mr. Unstable-Asshat-Ambiguity is still alive.

_________________
Commies to the left of me, Nazis to the right
Here I am stuck in the middle... with you?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:12 pm 
Offline
*
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:10 am
Posts: 46
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 4 times
Hiroshima_Morphine wrote:

Meh- I'm vested at this point.

I keep tuning in to see who will kill Rick!

Somehow, Mr. Unstable-Asshat-Ambiguity is still alive.



Problem is, the death of Rick is the end of the show. Kirkman has always said TWD was about Rick's journey, and everyone else was ancillary to his story. Whilst the show has no problem deviating from the comic, Rick is the one constant.

The only way they could continue this show properly after Rick dies was through Carl - but we now know that can't happen.

They should have killed Darryl. He's now useless. He spent half a season sulking about losing his jacket, and still refuses to bathe.

_________________
~ Russ


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:49 pm 
Offline
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 10:06 am
Posts: 6651
Location: Maine
Has thanked: 265 times
Been thanked: 439 times
rooks wrote:
They should have killed Darryl. He's now useless. He spent half a season sulking about losing his jacket, and still refuses to bathe.


Ah now. I don't think it's a question of hygiene. I suspect Daryl found himself a whole crate of Dapper Dan Hair Pomage and simply doesn't understand that when it comes to hair cream, less is more.


_________________
The Restless Dead http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=80397

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:42 am 
Offline
ZS Member
ZS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:56 pm
Posts: 1134
Location: Possum Kingdom
Has thanked: 2772 times
Been thanked: 250 times
Quote:
I suspect Daryl found himself a whole crate of Dapper Dan Hair Pomage
Yes. Great reference. That guy had the snort for making his point and the r-u-n-n-o-f-t woman. Perhaps the pomade, and Darryl's hair grease for that matter, could be used for fire starting. I used to wonder why Darryl wouldn't get it out of his eye but once I saw him in public on TV I realized it is glued there.

_________________
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:08 am 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:19 pm
Posts: 2585
Location: Red River Valley
Has thanked: 325 times
Been thanked: 150 times
rooks wrote:
Hiroshima_Morphine wrote:

Meh- I'm vested at this point.

I keep tuning in to see who will kill Rick!

Somehow, Mr. Unstable-Asshat-Ambiguity is still alive.



Problem is, the death of Rick is the end of the show. Kirkman has always said TWD was about Rick's journey, and everyone else was ancillary to his story. Whilst the show has no problem deviating from the comic, Rick is the one constant.

The only way they could continue this show properly after Rick dies was through Carl - but we now know that can't happen.

They should have killed Darryl. He's now useless. He spent half a season sulking about losing his jacket, and still refuses to bathe.



That is exactly my point, actually.

I know that the show would end when Rick dies, what I'm saying is that I'm ready for that. But I have now invested [8?] years into this show- so I'm going to continue to ride this train until it reaches its destination. No matter how stupid it gets.

But, seriously- can Rick die yet?

_________________
Commies to the left of me, Nazis to the right
Here I am stuck in the middle... with you?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:14 am 
Offline
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Posts: 8420
Location: Gulf Coast, AL
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 312 times
Film company fined in ‘The Walking Dead’ stuntman’s death


ATLANTA (AP) – Federal authorities have imposed the maximum allowable fines on a film company in the on-set death of a stuntman for “The Walking Dead.”

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration said in a news release Friday that it issued a “serious citation” to Stalwart Films LLC and proposed penalties totaling $12,675 “for failing to protect employees from fall hazards while filming.”

John Bernecker, 33, died July 12 from injuries suffered in a fall on the hit show’s set in Senoia, about 35 miles south of Atlanta.

According to a report from the Coweta County Sheriff’s Office, assistant director Matthew Goodwin told a responding officer that Bernecker intended to fall onto a pad but instead fell head-first onto concrete about 22 feet below.

_________________
whisk.e.rebellion wrote:
It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.



Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:28 pm 
Offline
* * *
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 370
Location: Central Iowa
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 10 times
RickOShea wrote:
Film company fined in ‘The Walking Dead’ stuntman’s death


ATLANTA (AP) – Federal authorities have imposed the maximum allowable fines on a film company in the on-set death of a stuntman for “The Walking Dead.”

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration said in a news release Friday that it issued a “serious citation” to Stalwart Films LLC and proposed penalties totaling $12,675 “for failing to protect employees from fall hazards while filming.”

John Bernecker, 33, died July 12 from injuries suffered in a fall on the hit show’s set in Senoia, about 35 miles south of Atlanta.

According to a report from the Coweta County Sheriff’s Office, assistant director Matthew Goodwin told a responding officer that Bernecker intended to fall onto a pad but instead fell head-first onto concrete about 22 feet below.


Wow that is an error that boggles the mind of how it could have happened. Like jumping without a parachute.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:15 pm 
Offline
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Posts: 8420
Location: Gulf Coast, AL
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 312 times
Iowa_guy wrote:
RickOShea wrote:
Film company fined in ‘The Walking Dead’ stuntman’s death


ATLANTA (AP) – Federal authorities have imposed the maximum allowable fines on a film company in the on-set death of a stuntman for “The Walking Dead.”

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration said in a news release Friday that it issued a “serious citation” to Stalwart Films LLC and proposed penalties totaling $12,675 “for failing to protect employees from fall hazards while filming.”

John Bernecker, 33, died July 12 from injuries suffered in a fall on the hit show’s set in Senoia, about 35 miles south of Atlanta.

According to a report from the Coweta County Sheriff’s Office, assistant director Matthew Goodwin told a responding officer that Bernecker intended to fall onto a pad but instead fell head-first onto concrete about 22 feet below.


Wow that is an error that boggles the mind of how it could have happened. Like jumping without a parachute.

Maybe more like jumping with a parachute....but missing the DZ and landing on the powerlines.



_________________
whisk.e.rebellion wrote:
It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.



Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:10 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:39 am
Posts: 1665
Location: South Florida
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 84 times
rooks wrote:

The only way they could continue this show properly after Rick dies was through Carl - but we now know that can't happen.



Hmm, have you seen the movie 'Warm Bodies'? It could work, Rick's dead and Carl is one of the living dead. [or walking dead if you prefer] To be continued for 3 episodes in 2021 with an hour and 10 minute mid decade finally, so hold your breath.

_________________
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel
MacWa77ace Twitch Channel

Image ImageImageImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:31 pm 
Offline
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Posts: 8420
Location: Gulf Coast, AL
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 312 times
“The Walking Dead” Renewed for Ninth Season, Angela Kang Replacing Scott Gimple as Showrunner

http://www.tracking-board.com/the-walking-dead-renewed-for-ninth-season-angela-kang-replacing-scott-gimple-as-showrunner/


It will be no surprise to anyone that AMC Networks has renewed The Walking Dead for its ninth season, but it will be returning with a new showrunner next season. Long-time writer Angela Kang will be replacing Scott Gimple, who will be transitioned into his role as Chief Creative Officer for The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead.

The ninth and final season of The Walking Dead will debut this fall as AMC gears up for the return of the show for the second half of Season 8 next month.

_________________
whisk.e.rebellion wrote:
It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.



Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:00 pm 
Offline
* *
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:16 pm
Posts: 167
Location: Seattle
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Interesting...final season.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:24 pm 
Offline
* * *
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 370
Location: Central Iowa
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 10 times
benja455 wrote:
Interesting...final season.


I have yet to see anything from AMC to say it will be the final season.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:38 pm 
Offline
* * * * *
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 1268
Location: Charleston, SC
Has thanked: 284 times
Been thanked: 153 times
MacWa77ace wrote:
Strikeback, a fav of mine, has 2 new episodes in S6, and I had to look at this the whole second ep. Painful. It's almost as bad as watching Carl try to walk with his way to low slung thigh rig.

<offtopic> Started watching this. You can definitely tell when Cinemax took over production... lol was interesting seeing Andrew Lincoln in the first season speaking with a British accent... lol</offtopic>

<topic>
Coooraaallll!
</topic>

_________________
I tilt at Windmills
BattleVersion wrote:
For my Family?...Burn down the world, sure... But, I'm also willing to carry it on my shoulders.
raptor wrote:
...I am allergic to bullets;I break out in blood.
jnathan wrote:
... you can choke on my Hebrew National.

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:34 pm 
Offline
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Posts: 8420
Location: Gulf Coast, AL
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 312 times

_________________
whisk.e.rebellion wrote:
It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.



Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12385 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 510, 511, 512, 513, 514, 515, 516, 517  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group