It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 508, 509, 510, 511, 512, 513  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:02 pm 

corrugated metal sure is bulletproof
clearing rooms that could have multiple assailants with a crossbow ( :rofl: ) is the shizzle :awesome:
Who needs a machine gun when you have the gal who can shoot two arrows at practically the same instant. (take that Legolas . Who's the Biatch now ? )
Everybody on Ricks side is an expert shot. Except if by missing it extends the storyline. In that case don't be standing next to Morgan
I am so saddened that this show is the best Zombie show TV has to offer.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:19 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Some of them probably wouldn't miss near as much if they'd put their rear flip sights in the "up" position. Image

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:23 am 

Quote:
corrugated metal sure is bulletproof

Proprietary TV formula developed by the A Team in the early 80s.

I need me one of those TV bullet proof vests.

No matter where you get shot, you fall asleep for a short while and wake up unharmed and like a killing machine. Happens every time.

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:28 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I have some friends that laugh at me for watching the show but I know they are watching giant fat men in tights, playing with balls for 4.5 hours in a 1-hour timed game. Who wastes more time?

I am not going to critique every little thing I saw; it is a TV Show. It would seem there were a large number of visible targets –so many– during a tremendous amount of gunfire but bullets expended divided by targets downed can often surprise people. See here, for example: FBI Miami Shootout

It would also seem that corrugated metal is extremely protective but in the age of paint guns and airsoft training even balsa wood can be an effective lifesaver. Not everyone trains for CQB with a crossbow either but I digress from saying it was a fantastic episode and emotional roller-coaster. Morgan and Rick had to deal with incredible trauma – I mean seriously – killing a man with his bare hands only to realize the man may have been fighting to save his child? That is pretty heavy – and some good writing. I think I might always look back at Andrew Lincoln as the quintessential pick for such an important part of a TV Show. The –dare I say it– politics around the garage door with life or death arguments being made during the height of an extreme blood-letting intrigued me as well. I found it timely, and provocative, and tip my hat to the writers/producers. Finally, the unbelievable surprise attack without mercy by the tiger reminded me that it is a TV Show, from a Comic Book, outlandish, preposterous and highly entertaining. Another tip of the hat.

Increasingly, my favorite character to watch is King Ezekiel. His honest ‘I know I am a character playing a character playing a character’ insight is as interesting as his projected positivism, and it is not false motivation. He is living every minute to the fullest and enjoying each one. It’s a good example, and his giant henchman smiles and plays along.

"They know we are coming."
"Indeed they do."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:19 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Asymetryczna wrote:
Increasingly, my favorite character to watch is King Ezekiel. His honest ‘I know I am a character playing a character playing a character’ insight is as interesting as his projected positivism, and it is not false motivation.

So, he's kinda like the Kirk Lazarus of the ZPAW?

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:02 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

RickOShea wrote:
So, he's kinda like the Kirk Lazarus of the ZPAW?

I sat wondering through a boring meeting wondering where I had heard that name before (youtube often is blocked) and then I remembered. LOL. You are right. I felt a small sense of deja vu when I wrote that. Funny.
(P.S. It's not a real tiger but only he has to act unafraid of it.)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:00 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Update: Didn't like the last episode.

Cons: MMG's and HMG's are going to put bullets through bodies, so no matter what the crew-served are, the King should seriously be hurting. Granted, the sides of old Quonset Huts seem to deflect most projectiles. Long Live the King! Complaint 1. Morgan went from looking overwrought and coping to just looking dumb. I'm just having problems with a brain that could so easily adapt to the martial art of thinking things through, finding it so difficult to be more aware. I would have written his part as pure anger, vice confusion. A good response would be that you would not have assigned him to guard recently taken prisoners. Complaint 2.

Pros: I love that Morales got to hold the spotlight in the media for about a week, elaborating about where he's been and where he is going, holding onto his secret. And then one more minute.
That's funny.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:37 pm 

RickOShea wrote:
Some of them probably wouldn't miss near as much if they'd put their rear flip sights in the "up" position. Image

:lol: Rick, what's wrong with this picture? Strikeback, a fav of mine, has 2 new episodes in S6, and I had to look at this the whole second ep. Painful. It's almost as bad as watching Carl try to walk with his way to low slung thigh rig.

Image ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:27 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

MacWa77ace wrote:
:lol: Rick, what's wrong with this picture?

Well, unless the chick on the right has some sort of bionic eye, her ACOG is mounted too far forward.....but it could be worse....at least it's not mounted backwards, a la Hershel's Aimpoint in season 3. :crazy:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:49 pm 

RickOShea wrote:
MacWa77ace wrote:

Well, unless the chick on the right has some sort of bionic eye, her ACOG is mounted too far forward.....but it could be worse....at least it's not mounted backwards, a la Hershel's Aimpoint in season 3. :crazy:

Ya gotta wonder what's going on, on the set that would cause the gun wrangler to jeopardize his job by making obvious faux pas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:17 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Mmmmm... I love strikeback... Gratuitous violence and even more gratuitous nudity...

For Hollywood standards, their gunplay and tactics are pretty decent.

As far as the picture goes, I like a closed dust cover... And the dude on the far left is gonna have a sore crotch with a low slung single point sling

zero11010 wrote:
The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:00 am 

flybynight wrote:
RickOShea wrote:
MacWa77ace wrote:

Ya gotta wonder what's going on, on the set that would cause the gun wrangler to jeopardize his job by making obvious faux pas

She's supposed to be the sniper too. Maybe they couldn't find an 8x so they made the AGOG a little different on her rifle on purpose. But yes that's the 'Waldo' on the photo guys.

Damian Scott was my hero in earlier seasons, every episode I looked forward to seeing where he'd get shot and who he'd get laid by! :mrgreen:
Every damn episode, shot and laid, not at the same time mostly but sometimes shot by who laid him.

For anyone thinking of binging, watch season zero after you watch the first season. Its a prequel.

Image ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:43 pm 

I'm watching crocodile Dundee. Compared to the walking dead on the believability/logical scale it's practically a documentary. :?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:53 am 

Well that got depressing fast.

More indications about how civilians might fight versus how the military fights. The best way to not get ambushed in a linear danger area is to not be in one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:37 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

LOL. Always stand and pop out from a vehicle when engaging 3 targets. Never look to see if there are any more with weapons trained on your area. Never go to the prone with a rifle and engage targets from under a vehicle. When using the new U-Shaped ambush, employ your guns in the smallest area available...

A TV Show based on a comic book...not a tactical guide.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:54 am 

Although it is fair to say that Team Rick has now managed to get nearly an entire village killed. Yet like a bad penny he keeps turning up.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:08 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

It is fair. Include a wild beast as well. In fact, that wild beast initiates a lot of follow on questions. How can a full size tiger be overcome by walkers? Why are there not more wild beasts? Do wild beasts turn into zombies?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:58 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Asymetryczna wrote:
Do wild beasts turn into zombies?

Not on TWD....for that, you'll have to go to GoT:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:55 am 

Asymetryczna wrote:
It is fair. Include a wild beast as well. In fact, that wild beast initiates a lot of follow on questions. How can a full size tiger be overcome by walkers? Why are there not more wild beasts? Do wild beasts turn into zombies?

I am certain we will see Zombie Tiger. That is too on the nose to miss. How did the tiger get overcome? Not a clue. The tiger should have sliced and diced his way through that small crowd. Anyone who has seen a tiger up close knows what I am talking about.

Tigers are insanely powerfully animals. Adult tigers in captivity run about 500lbs and TEN FEET long, making them the mass of a black bear except much more lean, powerful and much, much faster. The last tiger that escaped captivity took more than fifty rounds of rifle, shotgun and pistol rounds to succumb.

That one went down like it was a big dog or something, never should have happened.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:14 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Thanks RickO. I have only seen one episode of GoT, the logic being that I only have time for one series and the others I can binge watch at a later date. TWD seems to develop the love/hate thing quite quickly in most people and at times I accidently call it "As The World Turns," but someone gave me the first three seasons once and on one cold weekend I watched them one after another. From that point, I tuned in, although I have skipped entire seasons and watched them back-to-back without the advertisements. What's more, from what I have seen in personal interviews and a single viewing of Riding W/ Darrell D., all of the actors on that show seem very personable and workman-like, people that you could have a conversation with and enjoy it.

As for the tiger, most have probably seen the video of the 2 guys that go back to the wilds to find the lion they raised, and then see the lion, now full-sized, stand and hug these two guys because it recognizes them. I was touched, but this is a long distance from loitering among threats and sacrificing yourself. The will to survive among the wild cats, coupled with their tremendous skill set, made that scene difficult. That said, the TV Show created from the comic book is simply that.

These days, I have fun with adults who have a Sherriff Rick toy on their desk but when asked about the recent episode swear that it's just something their kid gave them and they don't "watch that crap." I find this hilarious. People will deny any interest in zombies but spend 4 hours watching a timed, one-hour game where giant fat, men bump into each other wearing lycra tights, and the athletes only play offense or defense.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:41 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Asymetryczna wrote:
Thanks RickO. I have only seen one episode of GoT, the logic being that I only have time for one series and the others I can binge watch at a later date.

Well, its kinda like The Sopranos meets LoTR. It has a little bit of everything...

[Spoilers]...Kings, queens, noble houses, lords, bastards, kingdoms, castles, city-states, treachery & betrayal. Armored knights, archers, tournaments, single combat, & trials by combat. Giants, dragons, mammoths, dire wolves, & a yuuuge wall of ice. Pirates, hordes of horse-borne savages, mercenaries, bankers, treachery & betrayal. Ancient prophesies, varied religions, blood magic, old feuds, grudges, secrets great & small. Slavers, gladiators, spies, & assassins. Rebellions, sieges, ambushes, large set-piece battles, treachery & betrayal. Wieners, boobs, brothels, eunuchs & incest. Wedding, funerals, coronations, beheadings, hangings, flaying, burning, poison, treachery & betrayal….. oh yeah, and zombies….. and treachery & betrayal.[/Spoilers]

There are currently seven seasons (67 episodes), but as I understand it, the 8th (and final) season will not air until 2019, so you’d probably want to wait a while before binge-watching.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:24 am 

Neegan wrote:
Sure, I killed the widow's husband and the ginger. But I didn't get them killed, and there is a huge difference.

This pretty much sums up the series in its entirety.

Just change 'bad guys' and victims name as applicable.

So, Neegan is a bad guy- but he isn't a bad guy?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:18 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

HM, that's a tad serious for this thread. Before, say...Descartes, wasn't this the only thing written as 'history' books other than which royalty married whom?

I thought I recognized Shiva. Apparently one of her early roles was a part in the Coliseum scene of Gladiator.
I also thought that was a Wonder Woman Willys jeep Rick was driving when I saw those MG bullets creating that bright spark effect on the grill, but then forgot about it when I saw the one-handed grip pistol attack by the speeding motorcyclist Darrell Dixon. Lucky for me, this guy I spoke to at Walmart is an expert on tactics and taught me a thing or two about these details.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:13 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

Asymetryczna wrote:
HM, that's a tad serious for this thread. Before, say...Descartes, wasn't this the only thing written as 'history' books other than which royalty married whom?

I thought I recognized Shiva. Apparently one of her early roles was a part in the Coliseum scene of Gladiator.
I also thought that was a Wonder Woman Willys jeep Rick was driving when I saw those MG bullets creating that bright spark effect on the grill, but then forgot about it when I saw the one-handed grip pistol attack by the speeding motorcyclist Darrell Dixon. Lucky for me, this guy I spoke to at Walmart is an expert on tactics and taught me a thing or two about these details.

How'd you get my employee ID?? That's confidential. Do you have a level 7 clearance for that?

zero11010 wrote:
The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 508, 509, 510, 511, 512, 513  Next