It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 507, 508, 509, 510, 511, 512, 513  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:41 am 

Asymetryczna wrote:
"Look everybody, it's Rick." ~ Negan...

The rest of the line is actually better-

Quote:
"Did you ever hear the one about the little prick named Rick who thought he knew shit- but he didn't know shit about shit- and he got everyone he gave a shit about killed?

It's about you!"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:32 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

http://uproxx.com/tv/walking-dead-seaso ... t-seasons/

Faux-Journalist Blog site Uproxx claims that season 8 will be different. Notably that instead of individual episodes dedicated to one story arch, each episode will jump back and forth. If this is true, I will like the format to keep the story from getting stale and to stay investing in all the moving pieces.

Segment:
Quote:
It wasn’t the first time, either, that the writers on The Walking Dead spent an entire episode on two of three characters in a huge ensemble drama. “The Cell” spent most of its time focused on Daryl, for instance, and because the season 7 episodes shifted between communities, we went long stretches of time last season without seeing Carol or Morgan or Jesus, among many others. Ezekiel was introduced in the second episode of the season, but we didn’t see him again after the midseason break in episode nine. Spending that much time away from characters can be frustrating for viewers, and by rotating storylines, it prevented the season from gaining much momentum until the back half of the seventh season.

Here's what King Gimple says. Funny how he's changing it this season due to "the story" and not that "everyone thinks the show got more boring".
Quote:
Because of the narrative that we’re following,” Gimple continues, “the story this season is really spread out among all of the characters. And the story shifts quite a bit in single episodes between lots of different characters on a consistent basis, which is a little more unusual for the show.”

Hey, maybe they are listening to fans and watching the dropping ratings... even if they won't admit it. Here's to hoping!

zero11010 wrote:
The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:56 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

"The show reinvents itself every eight episodes." - Scott Gimple, 2014

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:00 pm 

Im obly about half way through it...its been okay but it sure would be nice to move on to something else

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:12 pm 

RickOShea wrote:
"The show reinvents itselfstarts over every eight episodes." - Scott Gimple, 2014

There, I fixed that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:07 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:39 pm 

Woah! That's crazy!!!!!!!!! I didn't see the second clip you posted, until after.... but I was saying hownucb guy it resembled the first scene.

Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:10 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Robot Chicken Walking Dead Special: Look Who's Walking

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/robot-chicken/walking-dead-special-look-whos-walking/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:27 pm 

That was alright.

“No-one likes us, we don’t care.”

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:07 pm 

Guess it would of been too easy just to shoot the bad guys when there standing in a nice line right in front of you.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:26 pm 

Toothpick Jim wrote:
Guess it would of been too easy just to shoot the bad guys when there standing in a nice line right in front of you.

Wouldn't be sporting. It was kind of pointless putting him out there everyone knew he had to make it through the rest of the season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:31 am 

Non-Prepper Walking dead fan watching last nights episode-

"That's how you ring a doorbell!"

Prepper Walking dead fan watching last nights episode-

"Holy shit! Where did they get all the fucking ammo? Weren't they reduced to jack-assing together a reload less than a season ago?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:10 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Hiroshima_Morphine wrote:
Prepper Walking dead fan watching last nights episode-

"Holy shit! Where did they get all the fucking ammo? Weren't they reduced to jack-assing together a reload less than a season ago?"

Some from the amusement park, mostly from the Oceanside community.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:18 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

That certainly was a large amount of ammo to gather and then expend but heck, it's just a TV Show. My only complaint is with the commercials if you watch it live. They are a fact of life these days.

Other than a few outdoor shows there is not much I enjoy watching these days but TWD. In either the before or after show the actors talked about a drinking game where everyone drinks every time they say "Carl." That's funny. Watching them all make fun of "Rick" and the way he says it was hilarious.

So much today is just something I have seen before...clichés, same old, etc., etc., etc. But here you have a formerly abused housewife turned stealth assassin; a redneck with a crossbow named, of all things, "Darryl," a fighting-stick wielding country town philosopher who is fearless (Morgan) and a community theater guy who speaks as if he is an Elizabethan king, with a pet tiger. I have a fairly good imagination but these characters are great fun and the actors chosen to portray them: Perfect.

My spectrum analysis has gone from: "Oh, come on" to "let me watch a few episodes" to "well-played."
I'd ask for a special that showed the background of Negan if anyone from the show is listening.

I also enjoyed King Ezekiel invoking the lines from Henry the 5, and adding sister. Timely.
And Weird Al being added to the soundtrack that already includes Easy Street and Tiny Tim.

It's like saying that this show is so daggone serious that it is not at all. Brilliant.

Best of all, in my opinion, is the amount of people/families it has made think of preparing for a bad day or to simply plan a camping trip. Those that sit inside all of the time, or on machines, seldom notice the signs that mother nature provides.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:38 pm 

I don't normally watch The Talking Dead but the previews hinted at a cast reunion due to the 100th episode thing. It was totally worth it. Practically the whole major cast was there including Michael Rooker who is now a fairly big star after several major movies. A few of the old major cast phoned in when they could not be there in person. Only a few notables were missing like Jeffery DeMunn.

Watching Xander Berkeley defend his character's life choices made it worth it alone. :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:51 pm 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I usually tape the show and the Talking Dead and watch later so I can fast forward to content. The Talking Dead is funny, depending on who the guests are and the host apparently has 10-12 double espressos just before it goes on the air. The reunions are worth seeing. You can tell they have greatly bonded and I should add that what I have seen is people being grateful for being part of, rather than fighting over who makes how much an episode.

I do take offense to the trivia quiz because they turn the volume up to 11 when they show it and people in my house are easily offended by loud noises if I watch late on a Sunday night.

We need to work a serious push to get a ZS member on The Talking Dead.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:39 pm 

Quote:
10-12 double espressos just before it goes on the air.

That may actually be cocaine.

Quote:
I usually tape the show

:shock: You have a VCR?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:16 am 

I get it, not shooting the main bad guy..... ya know tv. But the waste of ammo, that is absolutely shameful! It was a good epp however. TSM axtukky had a plan.

I completely forgot they raised Oceanside, I was going to say where the hell did they get all the ammo. But the fair and Oceanside made sense.

Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:36 am 
ZS Member
ZS Member

I think they are getting a little loose with the skull penetrating. Yeah, maybe the zeds have mushlike skulls after they have turned but those who have just died and need a skull penetration before they turn are being run through fairly easily. One of my favorite characters, Morgan, for instance, runs his stick through a skull like it is nothing. Maybe it is just me that has a very thick skull.

(P.S. W/ a DVR I guess one says record.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:52 am 
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Asymetryczna wrote:
I think they are getting a little loose with the skull penetrating. Yeah, maybe the zeds have mushlike skulls after they have turned but those who have just died and need a skull penetration before they turn are being run through fairly easily. One of my favorite characters, Morgan, for instance, runs his stick through a skull like it is nothing.

I noticed the same thing. Normally I'm not a stickler for technical details like that. But for some reason it's starting to bother me as well. The producers have to show (or at least visually imply) that still needs to be done - in order to maintain narrative integrity. And I get it we're past the point where production dollars need to be wasted showing every single penetrating coup de grace.

But in that one scene where Morgan finished off the walker before it could trip the booby trap, it really struck me now lazy they're getting having actors pantomime the off screen activity without any real effort to make it appear realistic.

ETA: buy some gourds or something to use on those off screen kills, so the actors have to lean into whatever weapon their using before it goes through.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:57 am 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Just quoting myself from a few years back...

RickOShea wrote:
We've discussed the "soft/brittle bone" stuff before in this thread.....You'd expect that there'd be a lot of them walking around with broken jaws, but the walkers seem to be able to bite through everything but duct tape.

Image.....Image

ETA: The zombies on GoT are a bit harder to dispatch...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:18 pm 

[quote="Stercutus

Quote:
I usually tape the show

:shock: You have a VCR?

I have a VCR and watch movies regularly with it. I also have lots of vinyl I listen to on the old turntable, along with a working rotary phone.

Yeah, I'm not much of a fan of new technology.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:08 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

"Here's Negan" comic book version backstory synopsis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:02 pm 
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Morales !!! Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 507, 508, 509, 510, 511, 512, 513  Next