"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by ineffableone » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:08 am

RickOShea wrote:
Maeklos wrote:True enough.

I'm still trying to figure out what the big season finale is going to be. Seems like in previous seasons, there was at least some lead-up to all not being what it appears. I mean, the fact that the Governor was a dick was much of the premise of that season. And they already played out the "everything looks great, but it really isn't" with Terminus last season and even the CDC bunker in season 1 - I can't see them doing the same thing again with Alexandria.

Makes me wonder if that prick Aidan tries something and winds up getting himself straight-up killed. Like he follows/comes across Enid doing whatever she's doing and then tries to take matters into his own hands and "punish" her, and Carl jumps out from behind the trees and stabs him. Then Enid knows what he did, Carl tells Rick, and Rick then works with Daryl and Carol to set down plans to take the place over behind Deanna can do something about it.

Eh. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. Though my money is still on secret government research project.
Well, if they follow the comics it should be, "Oh look, a small-to-medium sized problem. Okay, problem solved, problem staying solved. Everything is back to norm.....Oh Shit, Oh Shit, BIG PROBLEM, BIG PROBLEM, cliffhanger". :rofl:
Yep I am hoping they sort of stick the comics at least for the bigger broad strokes on this one.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

gunsandrockets
Favorite Zombie Movies: 1979 Dawn of the Dead
Sean of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Zombieland
The Walking Dead

Post by gunsandrockets » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:19 am

It's always interesting to see what new and odd firearm turns up in the show. This time what caught my eye was the AR-180. Nice.

Enid + Carl? Too obvious?

And Carol thinks she's being very clever, but the ex-congresswoman prides herself on reading people. So who is fooling who?

I do appreciate Carol's efforts to civilize Daryl, 'hose him down' indeed! :lol:

'Get more Dead' promo ran at 38 minute mark, and I still haven't placed the music. :(
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:56 am

gunsandrockets wrote:And Carol thinks she's being very clever, but the ex-congresswoman prides herself on reading people. So who is fooling who?
Not only that, but Aaron did say they'd been watching for weeks - so he and Eric would at least know.
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:02 am

nolongpork wrote:From the closing seconds of the Talking Dead "...and a surprise special guest."

That never works out well for team Rick's line up.
I think Sasha is going down. They showed her shooting the pic's, I think displaying that she has cracked.
WWSD?

CarolinaPeach
Favorite Zombie Movies: I was hoping it would be "World War Z" but I don't think that's going to happen. So, in order: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland...so far.

Post by CarolinaPeach » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:15 am

DJH wrote:
gunsandrockets wrote:And Carol thinks she's being very clever, but the ex-congresswoman prides herself on reading people. So who is fooling who?
Not only that, but Aaron did say they'd been watching for weeks - so he and Eric would at least know.
That leads me to wonder even more what the ultimate goal is with these people. What's the benefit to the group if they allow someone in they know to be deceptive instead of saying, "Sorry, no, you're just not Alexandria material"? Maybe it's the route that Dawn took where she tells Beth that Beth owes her for saving her. Whether that obligation means helping Deanna get rid of some people who have proven themselves to be stupidly dangerous, I don't know, but there are obviously going to be some trade-off favors.

Peach

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:29 am

So what about the neighbor lady and her taciturn, cigarette-smoking husband? I got a "jealous husband" vibe from dude, and I noted that there was no howdy-neighbor handshake between him and rick.

Mostly not here anymore.

Stab74

Post by Stab74 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:20 am

Paladin1 wrote:On a side note the ROTC dick rubbed me the wrong way immediately, glad to see Glenn put him on his ass.
Agreed. The only thing worse then finding a 1LT or 2LT in the zpoc is finding a cadet. I tell you what I would LOVE to see former SGT Abraham Ford put this scrub in his place. That Members Only jacket though. :lol:

"As previously stated, we want to avoid discussions of illegal activities on this forum, but at the same time we do not want to completely stifle discussion." - Doctor Jest, Moderator

Mod clarification on what constitutes discussion of illegal activities

Tinderbox

Post by Tinderbox » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:23 am

I think ex-congresswoman Deanna has a couple layers of schemes going on. First, I'm not so sure she was trying that hard to get home to her constituents in Ohio. And from the preview, it looked like she was forcing Sasha to do something - most likely involving her marksmanship skills and someone Deanna wants out of the way. Also from the previews, it appears beardless Rick isn't totally buying it. He seems to find it suspicious that the lady would put strangers in positions of power. Maybe Deanna's forte is less poker and more chess.

I get the feeling her recording the group's "auditions" is somehow significant.

It would be interesting if Deanna and Rick came into conflict and she used his own highly edited words against him, showing them to the inhabitants to turn the citizens against him. She could also have their houses bugged. After all, Aaron did already eavesdrop on them using a parabolic mic. Maybe it's a whole ex-congresswoman = government = NSA spying on American citizens theme. Or is that too much of a stretch???

Lastly, am I wrong or are the supports for the wall encircling the community on the outside? If so, one heavy truck driven along the outside of the fence and boom-boom-boom there go the supports!
"...the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire,
And the burnt Fool's bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the Fire..."

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:26 am

DJH wrote:Not only that, but Aaron did say they'd been watching for weeks - so he and Eric would at least know.
I must have missed something.....When did Aaron say this?

They were still in Atlanta 20 - 21 days ago. When they get to Shirewilt its supposed to be 17 days since Beth died. I've no idea how many of those days were spent making the 500 mile trip from Atlanta to Richmond, or how much time was spent prepping for the trip beforehand and stopping to scavenge supplies along the way.
Last edited by RickOShea on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

CarolinaPeach
Favorite Zombie Movies: I was hoping it would be "World War Z" but I don't think that's going to happen. So, in order: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland...so far.

Post by CarolinaPeach » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:28 am

dogbane wrote:So what about the neighbor lady and her taciturn, cigarette-smoking husband? I got a "jealous husband" vibe from dude, and I noted that there was no howdy-neighbor handshake between him and rick.
Yes, that's what I took from that brief encounter as well.

Peach

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:30 am

CarolinaPeach wrote:
dogbane wrote:So what about the neighbor lady and her taciturn, cigarette-smoking husband? I got a "jealous husband" vibe from dude, and I noted that there was no howdy-neighbor handshake between him and rick.

Peach
Well, I took a look at the Graphic Novel spoilers, so I have a better idea about what role Jessie and her husband will play in things.
Mostly not here anymore.

ppfd
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the living dead! What else!

Post by ppfd » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:54 am

The wall- first thing I thought when I saw it. Why aren't those supports on the inside? And this congress critters ole man calls himself an architect?? :lol:

The blender glock- I think the girl has it and is adding or informing someone.

The guy on the porch, anyone notice Rick immediately soon after the scene? A dream maybe?

The Alexandria set was interesting from TD. Prop budget has to be pretty high, with the wall and the 2 or 3 houses they actually built.

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:56 am

RickOShea wrote:
DJH wrote:Not only that, but Aaron did say they'd been watching for weeks - so he and Eric would at least know.
I must have missed something.....When did Aaron say this?

They were still in Atlanta 20 - 21 days ago. When they got to Wiltshire its supposed to be 17 days since Beth had died. I've no idea how many of those days were spent making the 500 mile trip from Atlanta to Richmond, or how much time was spent prepping for the trip beforehand and stopping to scavenge supplies along the way.
I seem to recall him mentioning in the episode before this last one, but the actor also mentions it in an interview here -

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/23/the-wal ... and-negan/
How long was Aaron following the group before introducing himself?

That was never really expressly laid out in the scripts. We kind of decided we were probably following them for at least a week or two. I think to get a good sense of who people are and whether or not they’re right for what they believe is the kind of energy they’re trying to create in the community. They probably would’ve watched them for a good amount of time, especially since there are 15 of them. It's important that he really gauges where the power hierarchy lays and also how well people get along- especially in times of real struggle when they’re lives are in danger. He’s got a pretty good sense of who they are now at this point after watching them for a while and believes they’re worth talking to. I’m sure there’s other groups he’s stumbled upon and didn’t have the same reaction to and probably ran in the other direction as fast as he can.
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:16 pm

DJH wrote:
I seem to recall him mentioning in the episode before this last one, but the actor also mentions it in an interview here -

http://comicbook.com/2015/02/23/the-wal ... and-negan/
How long was Aaron following the group before introducing himself?

That was never really expressly laid out in the scripts. We kind of decided we were probably following them for at least a week or two. I think to get a good sense of who people are and whether or not they’re right for what they believe is the kind of energy they’re trying to create in the community. They probably would’ve watched them for a good amount of time, especially since there are 15 of them. It's important that he really gauges where the power hierarchy lays and also how well people get along- especially in times of real struggle when they’re lives are in danger. He’s got a pretty good sense of who they are now at this point after watching them for a while and believes they’re worth talking to. I’m sure there’s other groups he’s stumbled upon and didn’t have the same reaction to and probably ran in the other direction as fast as he can.
I don't remember Aaron stating any specific amount of time in the actual episode. Aaron talks about how they dealt with the walkers following them on the road, and he quoted back to Glenn what Glenn had said to Daryl the day before. But he doesn't mention anything about Shirewilt or them having a burial service for Tyreese.......So from an actual timeline standpoint, I would say Aaron probably only got to watch them for a 2 or 3 of days.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:26 pm

Maeklos wrote:A few things stuck out about this episode. First of all, where was Father Gabriel? He wasn't in any of the group shots, was he?

Second, who took the gun Rick stashed in the blender? The fact that someone took it meant that someone was watching them that far away from the gates of Alexandria. Which meant it wasn't Aaron or his boyfriend, since they were both back at the cars, and Rick walked to that abandoned house from the road. So they couldn't have seen him. That seems to indicate a massive effort at watching this group - because otherwise how could the unseen watchers keep up with the group while they're driving, stop when the group stops, and follow the various members as they wander off - all without being seen? Unless one from inside the group took the gun - but I only remember Michonne being there with Rick when he hid it.

Third, whatever happened to Morgan?
Gabriel definitely walked in but you are right he was not seen once they entered. Probably some sort of production issue. Maybe during filming he was sick or filming another show or something.

I'm thinking the Blender Glock is probably going to turn up with either the girl that sneaks out or with those who were banished. I also wonder if the person in the window just outside the gate that Carl saw was that girl or someone else. I think the "J" on the grip will be significant down the line.

BTW I think Carol's move to act all fragile, innocent and soccer mom like is a winning strategy, and a bit comical. The scene when she was dress up like a school marm, and Daryl saying he looked ridiculous made me laugh. I mean she is the woman that single handledly took down Terminus...and now she cooking for the seniors.

Morgan...who know when Morgan will pop up. Just based on his Acting resume and what he does these days, I doubt he will be nothing more that occasionally popping up for a cameo or two, maybe finally showing up for an episode or two then dying or disappearing. He will never be a regular character on TWD.

ppfd
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the living dead! What else!

Post by ppfd » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:39 pm

Unless Morgan scores some wheels, he was on foot and the rest of the group drove. Georgia to Virginia driving for the group could be anywhere from hours to longer obviously depending on fuel.

Maeklos
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead (the original), Resident Evil

Post by Maeklos » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:18 pm

Tinderbox wrote: Lastly, am I wrong or are the supports for the wall encircling the community on the outside? If so, one heavy truck driven along the outside of the fence and boom-boom-boom there go the supports!
I thought so at first, but after taking a look at them again, it looks like the 'supports' are actually thick-gauge iron chain mounted in concrete blocks. Which makes sense if you've got cable/chain and no bracing beams for use as support. They're like guy wires, not braces.
Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

"If the Russian flag were accurate, it would depict half a cabbage, a bottle of vodka, and a cold man dying for the Motherland."

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:39 pm

The thing about the wall......Deanna said something about Northern Virginia being evacuated during the early days of the outbreak, and then something about there not being a lot of walkers or regular people in the area. So their defenses probably haven't been put to the test of determined raiders or a decent sized herd......But now that Team Shit-Magnet has taken up residence, their wall should get the chance to experience a real thrashing before too long. :rofl:

CarolinaPeach

Post by CarolinaPeach » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:00 pm

RickOShea wrote:The thing about the wall......Deanna said something about Northern Virginia being evacuated during the early days of the outbreak, and then something about there not being a lot of walkers or regular people in the area. So their defenses probably haven't been put to the test of determined raiders or a decent sized herd......But now that Team Shit-Magnet has taken up residence, their wall should get the chance to experience a real thrashing before too long. :rofl:
:lol: Ain't it the truth.
dogbane wrote:
CarolinaPeach wrote:

Peach
Well, I took a look at the Graphic Novel spoilers, so I have a better idea about what role Jessie and her husband will play in things.
I haven't read the GN but Porch-man didn't seem quite so warm and welcoming when Rick was passing by. I got the distinct impression that he was marking his territory so to speak. Had Rick been carrying his gun, speaking (or making noise) from the dark probably wouldn't have been the greatest of ideas.

Peach

Maeklos
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead (the original), Resident Evil

Post by Maeklos » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:35 pm

Makes sense that the Alexandria group hasn't seen a lot of actions in the years since Z Day. The fact that they lost four people all at once speaks a lot about how they're not really used to dealing with walkers, or how Aidan is still leading the salvage missions - in a harder community, he would've been black crossed a long, long time ago. Which all just means that Rick and Carl are right: they don't know how bad it can get outside, or how bad it's going to get in the future. They're soft, and soft people either get hard or die when times get tough.

Though, got to say, I was honestly expecting Rick to give Carl some kind of "sheep, sheep dogs, and wolves" speech. Like, "These people are soft, sheep. We're hard. We're the sheep dogs. It's up to us to protect the sheep from the wolves. And there's a hell of a lot of wolves out beyond those walls."
Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

"If the Russian flag were accurate, it would depict half a cabbage, a bottle of vodka, and a cold man dying for the Motherland."

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:00 pm

So everyone in the Metro DC/Northern VA area was evacuated...where to? I would laugh if the last show of TWD ended with the gang finally finding out that all this time the entire East Coast of the USA was a quarantine zone, that no zombies ever made it west of the Mississippi, and that everything was fine and normal on the west coast.

Maeklos

Post by Maeklos » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:03 pm

Be interesting if that was the case, since the WD spin-off is taking place in California and set right around Z Day rather than after the initial event had passed.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:14 pm

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:59 pm

Mikeyboy wrote:So everyone in the Metro DC/Northern VA area was evacuated...where to? I would laugh if the last show of TWD ended with the gang finally finding out that all this time the entire East Coast of the USA was a quarantine zone, that no zombies ever made it west of the Mississippi, and that everything was fine and normal on the west coast.
Abe, Rosita, & Eugene came from Texas.....which last time I checked was still west of the Mississippi. :ooh:

Return to “Zombie Training Films”