"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by RickOShea » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:31 pm

ineffableone wrote:But as I mentioned previously. This is WD and it would go off the air if the drama ended and became a homesteading show. Look at how unpopular the season of Hershel's farm was. Even with all the drama of group interactions a lot of people got annoyed at them sitting still.
Yes, I said pretty much the same thing just a few pages back.Image
RickOShea wrote:
raistlin wrote:I want to know where the preppers are, the ones who are survivalist well prepared for ZPAW. Rick et. al. need one of them to take over the group :)
They're at their secluded BOLs, sticking to their workaday routines.......That's some real "must see TV", right there. :ooh:

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:32 pm

Hmm....I'm reading that the season finale is going to be 90 minutes. IIRC, the only other extended episodes were the first episodes of seasons 1 & 2.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

ZomBosox
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the dead, and Shaun of the dead. Life without humor is like living life as a Zombie!

Post by ZomBosox » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:45 pm

They are making it 90 minutes so the first 87 mins can be a lead up/boring and then the last three can be pure chaos! :clap:
'Some men see things as they are and say why.
I dream things that never were and say why not.'
-Robert F. Kennedy

Maeklos
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead (the original), Resident Evil

Post by Maeklos » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:15 am

I'm trying to look at what they can actually do now that they've reached 'safety(?)'. They can't have it turn out that the folks at Alexandria are evil, or they're under the control of a psychopath. They've already done that - twice. They can't have it get suddenly swarmed under by zombies because, again, that's already happened more than once, and even once this season already with the place where Noah's family was living. And as has already been said, settling in for the hum-drum life of homesteading and trying to rebuild society would suck. May as well change the title from Walking Dead to Little House on the Capitol Wasteland.

My guess is one of two things will happen: either Rick's increasing paranoia is going to tick off their hosts and get them kicked out of the community (remember, they'd been told they have to 'audition' for entrance); or the group will get split, with half of them staying at the community to settle in while the others take part in an expedition of some kind - either to make contact with another group of survivors, or to head into the DC area to try to make contact with any government forces in the area.

EDIT: Ooo, a third scenario. Alexandria is actually set up and supported by the government, with the citizens of Alexandria creating a self-supporting and self-reinforcing community - all for the purpose of supplying a rogue government faction with ready test subjects for developing either an anti-walker bioweapon, a limited cure, or a vaccine.
Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

"If the Russian flag were accurate, it would depict half a cabbage, a bottle of vodka, and a cold man dying for the Motherland."

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:46 pm

Maeklos
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead (the original), Resident Evil

Post by Maeklos » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:07 pm

Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

"If the Russian flag were accurate, it would depict half a cabbage, a bottle of vodka, and a cold man dying for the Motherland."

gunsandrockets
Favorite Zombie Movies: 1979 Dawn of the Dead
Sean of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Zombieland
The Walking Dead

Post by gunsandrockets » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:07 pm

Where is this season going? I don't know. But I think the TV show is again converging with the broad plot-line of the comic book. At this rate the TV show will catch up to the comic within one or two seasons. It can't go on.

Carl's growth spurt has already exceeded the comic book Carl. And the production realities of TV being what they are, I don't see the TV show going much further. Yet I know of no reasons why the comic book will terminate, so I expect the comic to continue.

I think The Walking Dead will wrap up within one or two seasons, with a small overlap with the new spin-off TV show to help it launch. The TV show therefore has the freedom to diverge wildly from the comic book, with a finale that could be apocalyptic or utopian, or even inconclusive (think the end of the 1978 movie Dawn of the Dead).

Foreshadowing being what it is, recall what Beth said to Daryl shortly before she was first captured by the maniac cops, "You're going to be the last man standing." I'm not betting on a happy ending to the show.
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

benja455

Post by benja455 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:56 pm

gunsandrockets wrote:Where is this season going? I don't know. But I think the TV show is again converging with the broad plot-line of the comic book. At this rate the TV show will catch up to the comic within one or two seasons. It can't go on.

Carl's growth spurt has already exceeded the comic book Carl. And the production realities of TV being what they are, I don't see the TV show going much further. Yet I know of no reasons why the comic book will terminate, so I expect the comic to continue.

I think The Walking Dead will wrap up within one or two seasons, with a small overlap with the new spin-off TV show to help it launch. The TV show therefore has the freedom to diverge wildly from the comic book, with a finale that could be apocalyptic or utopian, or even inconclusive (think the end of the 1978 movie Dawn of the Dead).

Foreshadowing being what it is, recall what Beth said to Daryl shortly before she was first captured by the maniac cops, "You're going to be the last man standing." I'm not betting on a happy ending to the show.
That would certainly avoid the problem of how to kill off Daryl without rioting.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:06 pm

Something kind of interesting I read yesterday....

The titles of the last five episodes of this season are "REMEMBER", "FORGET", "SPEND", "TRY", and "CONQUER". If you do an interwebz search with those words, some of the first results you get are from William Faulkner.....

"I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire......I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all of your breath trying to conquer it."

Which was also quoted by Dale in episode four of season one. :ooh:

The next line being:

"Because no battle is ever won he said. They are not even fought. The field only reveals to man his own folly and despair, and victory is an illusion of philosophers and fools."

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:12 pm

Looks to be a pretty powerful episode.

I bet daryl is the exact same way now as he was before the zpaw lol.

I'm betting that young girl saw rick putting the gun in the blender and she has it.

I think S is going to HTF .....
Last edited by ausher on Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:13 pm

Wow, lots of questions to be answered.

I'm guessing that they will still feel out of sorts there and those there will feel uncomfortable around them many times.

It appears they are going to filter out those who they don't think will fit in. ie if you don't get a job.

Showed Sasha being banished it seems. Daryl looks to be half rabid and they will want him to go.

Don't know what's up with the girl, but if they "banished" one of her group, she may be sneaking out to take them supplies.

On a side note the ROTC dick rubbed me the wrong way immediately, glad to see Glenn put him on his ass.

How about that snow job Carol did! had me laughing my ass off, she's as hard core as Rick!

Oh, and "where's Carl!" at it again :lol:
Last edited by Paladin1 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WWSD?

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:14 pm

There was the "Wolves not far" graffiti in Shirewilt.....

It was a full moon during the night scenes at Alexandria.....

That comic book that Carl picked up said "Wolf Moon Fight" or something, on the cover....

:ooh:

Wonder where that girl Enid was going? Probably something to do with the three guys that Deanna said she had to banish.
Paladin1 wrote:Showed Sasha being banished it seems.
I'm thinking she's taking over comic book Andrea's role as the Alexandria look-out/sharpshooter.....but the tallest structure around is a church bell tower that's just outside the perimeter wall.
Last edited by RickOShea on Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:37 pm

Maeklos

Post by Maeklos » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:15 pm

A few things stuck out about this episode. First of all, where was Father Gabriel? He wasn't in any of the group shots, was he?

Second, who took the gun Rick stashed in the blender? The fact that someone took it meant that someone was watching them that far away from the gates of Alexandria. Which meant it wasn't Aaron or his boyfriend, since they were both back at the cars, and Rick walked to that abandoned house from the road. So they couldn't have seen him. That seems to indicate a massive effort at watching this group - because otherwise how could the unseen watchers keep up with the group while they're driving, stop when the group stops, and follow the various members as they wander off - all without being seen? Unless one from inside the group took the gun - but I only remember Michonne being there with Rick when he hid it.

Third, whatever happened to Morgan?

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:29 pm

Maeklos wrote:A few things stuck out about this episode. First of all, where was Father Gabriel? He wasn't in any of the group shots, was he?
After they turned in their weapons at the gate, Gabriel, Abe, Rosita, Maggie, Sasha, & Eugene pretty much faded into the background.
Maeklos wrote:Second, who took the gun Rick stashed in the blender? The fact that someone took it meant that someone was watching them that far away from the gates of Alexandria. Which meant it wasn't Aaron or his boyfriend, since they were both back at the cars, and Rick walked to that abandoned house from the road. So they couldn't have seen him. That seems to indicate a massive effort at watching this group - because otherwise how could the unseen watchers keep up with the group while they're driving, stop when the group stops, and follow the various members as they wander off - all without being seen? Unless one from inside the group took the gun - but I only remember Michonne being there with Rick when he hid it.
Either it was Enid, or the three guys that got banished....or both, if they're in cahoots together.
Maeklos wrote:Third, whatever happened to Morgan?
Depending on which source you go by, Morgan is either several weeks or months behind Rick & Co.

Maeklos

Post by Maeklos » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:56 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Maeklos wrote:Third, whatever happened to Morgan?
Depending on which source you go by, Morgan is either several weeks or months behind Rick & Co.
That, I don't know about. Morgan came across the school at the same time that the crew had just finished up at the hospital. That puts him only a couple hours behind them.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:07 am

Maeklos wrote:
That, I don't know about. Morgan came across the school at the same time that the crew had just finished up at the hospital. That puts him only a couple hours behind them.
The Morgan scenes are flash-forwards (as opposed to flash-backs). The magazine he picked up at Gareth's campsite was faded and weathered, and the Terminus sign that Rick defaced had vines all over it when Morgan finally got to it......

Episode director Greg Nicotero said: "You see the little circle carved into the tree. And of course the vines growing up on the sign, so clearly time has passed. He’s not hot on their trial, but it gives us that opportunity to go 'Wait, a second, what’s going on?'"

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/14/walki ... -premiere/

The AMC episode recap says:

"Months after Rick's escape from Terminus, a masked stranger marches down the railroad tracks. He stops to see the Terminus sign Rick modified, and hangs his head. He removes his mask. It's Morgan."

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking- ... ls-1099497

Maeklos

Post by Maeklos » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:12 am

If he's that far behind, then it stands to reason that at some point there's going to be a "flash forward" with Rick's crew where they're staying put long enough for Morgan to catch up. Or they're just going to have Morgan get pointlessly killed and Rick will find out about it later.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:21 am

Maeklos wrote:If he's that far behind, then it stands to reason that at some point there's going to be a "flash forward" with Rick's crew where they're staying put long enough for Morgan to catch up. Or they're just going to have Morgan get pointlessly killed and Rick will find out about it later.
Morgan (Lennie James) is a British actor. He was busy filming his own UK TV series Critical and a couple of movies last year.....so he was only available to fly in for a couple of days to shoot those flash-forward scenes.

I expect we may see a bit more of him, but it's really going to depend on the breaks in his schedule.

Maeklos

Post by Maeklos » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:42 am

True enough.

I'm still trying to figure out what the big season finale is going to be. Seems like in previous seasons, there was at least some lead-up to all not being what it appears. I mean, the fact that the Governor was a dick was much of the premise of that season. And they already played out the "everything looks great, but it really isn't" with Terminus last season and even the CDC bunker in season 1 - I can't see them doing the same thing again with Alexandria.

Makes me wonder if that prick Aidan tries something and winds up getting himself straight-up killed. Like he follows/comes across Enid doing whatever she's doing and then tries to take matters into his own hands and "punish" her, and Carl jumps out from behind the trees and stabs him. Then Enid knows what he did, Carl tells Rick, and Rick then works with Daryl and Carol to set down plans to take the place over behind Deanna can do something about it.

Eh. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. Though my money is still on secret government research project.

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:50 am

I think Enid is a spy, either of the banished three or of the wolves. I'm betting on the wolves. She went out to report that a band of hardasses have just moved into Alexandria.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:53 am

Maeklos wrote:True enough.

I'm still trying to figure out what the big season finale is going to be. Seems like in previous seasons, there was at least some lead-up to all not being what it appears. I mean, the fact that the Governor was a dick was much of the premise of that season. And they already played out the "everything looks great, but it really isn't" with Terminus last season and even the CDC bunker in season 1 - I can't see them doing the same thing again with Alexandria.

Makes me wonder if that prick Aidan tries something and winds up getting himself straight-up killed. Like he follows/comes across Enid doing whatever she's doing and then tries to take matters into his own hands and "punish" her, and Carl jumps out from behind the trees and stabs him. Then Enid knows what he did, Carl tells Rick, and Rick then works with Daryl and Carol to set down plans to take the place over behind Deanna can do something about it.

Eh. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. Though my money is still on secret government research project.
Well, if they follow the comics it should be, "Oh look, a small-to-medium sized problem. Okay, problem solved, problem staying solved. Everything is back to norm.....Oh Shit, Oh Shit, BIG PROBLEM, BIG PROBLEM, cliffhanger". :rofl:

nolongpork

Post by nolongpork » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:59 am

From the closing seconds of the Talking Dead "...and a surprise special guest."

That never works out well for team Rick's line up.

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:53 am

Some observations.

Deana's (?) son seemed to be hazing Glenn and company. While they went out with rifles, they gave the new kids not merely handguns or their own firearms, but they gave them .22s; they handed Glenn what looked like a Buckmark.

What was the point of keeping a zombie that had killed one of their compatriots, that Glenn and company were intended to replace? I thought we were done with characters like The Governor.
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”