"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by RickOShea » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:46 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

SeerSavant
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
28 Days Later
Serenity/Firefly (Reavers, man!)

Post by SeerSavant » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:35 pm

Heeeeyyy...

... Powerpoint is some scary shit.

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:33 pm

Well that was much better, had me worried for a moment.

Now we all know this will not work out. The question is how is this going to go South on the group.

-We already had the mad tyrant.
-Cannibals have been done.

What is it going to be?

Go...
WWSD?

Armor76

Post by Armor76 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:05 pm

Paladin1 wrote:Well that was much better, had me worried for a moment.

Now we all know this will not work out. The question is how is this going to go South on the group.

What is it going to be?

Go...

My guess is everything is fine with the other group.

However, our group is so traumatized by being on the road that they can no longer adjust to being around nice, civilized, trustworthy people.

Our group becomes the dangerous, unpredictable, needlessly violent bad guys.

Perhaps they make some bad choices and get kicked out.

We get to see them try to come to terms with becoming civilized again.
You are responsible for you.
The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off. Gloria Steinem
In most cases, people, even wicked people, are far more naive and simple-hearted than one generally assumes. And so are we.

Lots of good advice/philosophy here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUq6YotwOIo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; It really starts at the 40 second mark.

GP100Wii

Post by GP100Wii » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:26 pm

Super good episode.

raistlin
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Favorite Movie: 28 Days Later. Recent Favorite book series: The Remaining by D.J. Molles.

Post by raistlin » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:52 am

What is it going to be?

Go...
Maybe it's time for Rick to be in charge of a bigger group. Would be an interesting way to open up the narrative to new possibilities.
"This is really every father's dream. Watching his son launch a ballistic missile on his own position."

benja455

"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by benja455 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:22 am

Armor76 wrote:

What is it going to be?

Go...

My guess is everything is fine with the other group.

However, our group is so traumatized by being on the road that they can no longer adjust to being around nice, civilized, trustworthy people.

Our group becomes the dangerous, unpredictable, needlessly violent bad guys.

Perhaps they make some bad choices and get kicked out.

We get to see them try to come to terms with becoming civilized again.
I think we will see them make some bad choices and then as the current/civilized group is about to pass judgement (perhaps attempting to banish them), something dramatic will happen (a murder, massive theft/loss of supplies, a wall will fail, an attack, etc.), Rick & Co will save the day...demonstrating that their attitude and skill set is still extremely valuable/useful even if they don't have any remaining social graces. This will make Rick a hero and put him in charge.

We might not see all of this during Season 5...we might be left at a cliff hanger - like Rick & Co are about to be banished when the walkers bust down a wall and it gets super tense, but overall this seems to be the direction we're going - especially if you add in some knowledge of the comics.

Hell...they might even get completely kicked out and then they come back (after recovering that Glock Rick hid in the blender, just like he hid a lot of guns before going into Terminus) to find the place under attack and save the day.

EDIT: I was right, there's a photo of Rick with a shaved face, no other weapons and he's back at the house where he hid the Glock.

gunsandrockets
Favorite Zombie Movies: 1979 Dawn of the Dead
Sean of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Zombieland
The Walking Dead

Post by gunsandrockets » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:08 am

Okay here is a bit of trivia I hope someone can help me out with.

I've noticed that one of the short promo commercials that plays during an episode, the one where the announcer says "get more dead", plays some music that I swear I've heard before. On tonight's ep that commercial came at almost exactly the halfway point of the episode.

Can anyone identify the source of that music? Is it original? Is it from some popular music? It sounds to me very much like a musical phrase taken from one of the songs by Garbage, but I can't figure out which song.

Certainly not this song, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esEdC0c ... re=related
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Toothpick Jim

Post by Toothpick Jim » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:53 am

I caught up on the second half last night so I might be a bit confused with the timelines.

Team rick and new guy aren? drive off in the winni and sedan to go via different route to aren's community. right?

The Last known location of aren's boyfriend was watching the scout group from behind some farm equipment as they find the 2 vehicles....next scene they are back at the barn/shed with vehicles.

I really didn't understand how did broken ankle boyfriend guy end up in the same area as the winni and sedan? I mean they were driving for a while, hit the zombie herd and the next thing broken ankle guy is with the Winnebago group? What did I miss?

How did he get from the barn area to the warehouse..... where the car and winni met up, without a vehicle?????

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:40 am

Toothpick Jim wrote:I caught up on the second half last night so I might be a bit confused with the timelines.

Team rick and new guy aren? drive off in the winni and sedan to go via different route to aren's community. right?

The Last known location of aren's boyfriend was watching the scout group from behind some farm equipment as they find the 2 vehicles....next scene they are back at the barn/shed with vehicles.

I really didn't understand how did broken ankle boyfriend guy end up in the same area as the winni and sedan? I mean they were driving for a while, hit the zombie herd and the next thing broken ankle guy is with the Winnebago group? What did I miss?

How did he get from the barn area to the warehouse..... where the car and winni met up, without a vehicle?????
The only thing I'm thinking is the Winnebago's windshield is higher, making it easier to drive thru the herd of zombies and see where to go or any other options in the road to turn off. I don't think Glenn in the Caddy could have seen anything.

On a side note, out off all the assumed people in Alexandria they sent two of the lamest guys as scouts. Two J. Crew guys armed with nothing but a snub-nosed revolver and flare guns. One guy is carrying applesauce and refuses to eat it because his mommy made him eat it, and the other guy breaks his ankle doing something stupid. I wonder how they survived this long.

Anyway I had a funny thought watching the episode, towards the end when they hear the sound of children playing from the other side of gates.

"OK there in...you can turn off the recording of the kids playing and fire up the grill"

Dammit not this again...

On a side note I'm thinking that if this is really a nice safe haven, the folks that attacked Noah's old neighborhood ( the Wolves?) would eventually be paying a visit.

Toothpick Jim

Post by Toothpick Jim » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:54 am

My main question is how did broken ankle boy end up in warehouse with the Winnebago crew?

Wasn't his last known location lurking behind a tractor, back at the area where the wind blown trees were blocking road ....where the vehicles were parked???

I missed something.

firerat

Post by firerat » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:13 am

Mikeyboy wrote:
Toothpick Jim wrote:
On a side note I'm thinking that if this is really a nice safe haven, the folks that attacked Noah's old neighborhood ( the Wolves?) would eventually be paying a visit.
That's what I'm thinking too.

Someone else said this earlier, but I think Rick and crew come into our new town with people who are actually, well, people still.

Rick's weary group of road warriors cause some sort of ruckus. At least some of them do. There are disagreements among the group. A lot of heart to hearts. Maybe a fist fight.

At some point, Rick and possibly a few other are either exiled or decide on their own to split. It may even be on a supply run or something, but somehow Rick ends up separated from his group.

While he's out doing stuff and thangs the Wolves will come into play. Rick will either run into them or hear them attacking. I'm guessing he runs into them and they disarm him. He'll somehow manage to escape and that's when blender Glock will come into play.

The season will likely end before Rick can get involved. Either before the Wolves attack, or perhaps after leaving Rick to figure out how to save the day.

I'm probably completely wrong.
"If someone with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?"

-George Carlin

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:18 am

Toothpick Jim wrote:I caught up on the second half last night so I might be a bit confused with the timelines.

All I can figure is that after Glenn's crew drove the vehicles back to the barn, Eric must have followed them. He then must have overheard their plan to keep Aaron as a prisoner while they head towards the camp, so Eric took off on foot heading back that way himself.

Hard to tell how far Rick & Co. actually made it before they ran into that herd-o-walkers. They were probably 40 - 50 miles from Alexandria. The next day, when Abraham noticed the warning light on the dashboard of the RV, Rosita said they were about halfway there.

Toothpick Jim wrote:My main question is how did broken ankle boy end up in warehouse with the Winnebago crew?
Eric hurt his ankle, that's why he fired-off the flare, to let Aaron know he was in trouble. When the two vehicles got separated by the herd, Michonne told Rick they needed to head towards the flare because the RV group probably thought that the car group had shot it....so that's where the RV group would probably go.....and apparently that's just what the RV group did, and they found Eric there and Maggie put a splint on his leg.
Last edited by RickOShea on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Towanda

Post by Towanda » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:34 am

Toothpick Jim wrote:My main question is how did broken ankle boy end up in warehouse with the Winnebago crew?

Wasn't his last known location lurking behind a tractor, back at the area where the wind blown trees were blocking road ....where the vehicles were parked???

I missed something.
It was implied, not actually shown. When they got in the vehicles from the barn, they picked up Eric. Eric rode in the Winnebago while Aaron rode in the car with Glenn, Rick, and Michonne. It was pretty obvious when they showed the car and Winnebago parked together that a) there had to be two drivers and b) Tractor Guy was the other driver.
Holding a grudge is like swallowing poison and expecting someone else to die.

SMoAF wrote:You could have your very own Trunk SMoAF. That'd HAVE to have some practical value for you.

benja455

Post by benja455 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:38 am

Towanda wrote:

I missed something.
It was implied, not actually shown. When they got in the vehicles from the barn, they picked up Eric. Eric rode in the Winnebago while Aaron rode in the car with Glenn, Rick, and Michonne. It was pretty obvious when they showed the car and Winnebago parked together that a) there had to be two drivers and b) Tractor Guy was the other driver.
No. I don't think so. Eric is not with them when they originally depart.

Also, given Aaron's response to the question about why he didn't carry a photo of the people who live at Alexandria - I suspect very few people actually live there and recruiting Rick's group to join them is their last hope.

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:00 pm

I missed something.

Its a bit of a writing screw up, but here is my thought.

The Caddy and the Winny were left parked, near the down trees. Rick's gang, being greater in numbers and badass, were able to clear the down trees and drive both vehicles back to the Barn. They grabbed Rick, Baby and Aaron and took the bad "unadvised" way to Alexandria, running into a herd of Zombies. The Caddy goes down, they see a flare go off and Aaron acts all PO'd and wants to call it all off and leave. They eventually Team Caddy gets back together and they run back to find the Team Winny. They find the Winnebago, the rest of the crew and Aaron's boyfriend who has a broken ankle. The next day the whole crew drive to the gates of Alexandria in the Winny and what looks like a really beat up, red and primer colored , early 90's Ford Taurus.

I'm assuming Aaron's boyfriend was hiding when Rick's crew came for the Caddy and the Winny, and followed them in the 3rd car. I am also going to assume he was able to find it nearby, or it was a backup car that was pre-stashed, because if not they are missing another person from Alexandria to drive it there. Boyfriend would have been following behind the Whinny, runs into trouble with the herd, breaks his ankle...or he was driving with the broken ankle....I don't know I sort of missed the whole explanation on exactly how and when the broken ankle happened....anyway, either he shot the flare because he broke his ankle and the gang with the Winnebago went towards it, thinking it was Team Caddy and they ended up rescuing the Boyfriend, or it was shot after the fact when boyfriend(who is possibly following with a broken ankle) and the Winny crew linked up to signal to Rick's Caddy crew that they were "over here" . Maybe that warehouse a pre-planned location for Aaron and the boyfriend to link up at if anything happened

I do agree that it was a bit muddled. They searched Aaron under gunpoint, grilled him with questions, sucker punched knocked him out, tied him up, forced fed him apple sauce, Rick get all accusative with him when they found listening devices in the car. They even let Aaron run and fight with his hands behind his back during a zombie attack (rick said Leave him) until Glenn runs into Aaron stuck against a tree and ,very reluctantly mind you, decided to save him.

Meanwhile Boyfriend with the broken ankle who is covertly following them, links up with the gang, and within 5 minutes they are best buds, shooting off flares, and Maggie is mending his broken ankle and giving him a blanket and a bedroll.

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:17 pm

Overall I liked this episode. Showing how distrusting Rick has become of "safety" and how much he really needs it. Though as much as Michonne needed to prod him, I wish they had given her a little more caution. She is not dumb and shouldn't just being jumping head long it believing in this community. Also why did not one person in the entire group explain to Aaron that the group had encounters with communities that were not so good. As in Woodbury, and Terminus. I mean really I know I would at least want to see the guys face when he hears the group had taken out a gang of cannibals or had a mini war with a crazed dictator.

I agree that Eric the 2nd scout just sort of catching up seems a bit odd and with no explanation a bit of a stretch. Only thing I can think of is when he saw Rick's group take both vehicles he hurried ahead to try and catch up. By car the community was supposed to be an hour away. So not really an impossible hike to make while Rick's group waited for sun down. Though how the RV and Eric ended up in the same place at the same time, well that just seems like lazy plot device.

But, meh oh well. This is a show with zombies, so I don't over stress details like this that are there to push the plot forward.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:06 pm

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:36 pm

I wonder if there was any significance to the initial/letter "J" written on the pistol Rick hid in the blender?

benja455

Post by benja455 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:58 pm

RickOShea wrote:I wonder if there was any significance to the initial/letter "J" written on the pistol Rick hid in the blender?

Some folks are suggesting that it foreshadows the return of Morgan Jones...others are suggesting it was taken from Terminus where they tracked everything - so it's an a serial number, so to speak...or perhaps taken from one of the "Claimers" - such as Joe (although the gun Joe points at Rick is not a Glock).

Here's the image of an unarmed/unbearded Rick returning to the hidden Glock:

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:02 pm

ineffableone wrote:Overall I liked this episode. Showing how distrusting Rick has become of "safety" and how much he really needs it. Though as much as Michonne needed to prod him, I wish they had given her a little more caution. She is not dumb and shouldn't just being jumping head long it believing in this community. .
I felt this way also. I get that Michonne desperately needs to find normalcy. But after Woodbury and Terminus, they all just walk up to the front gates? Here we are!

Not even a scouting party? Remember how they entered Terminus? Walked right in to smiling faces and then bam! your a Ricktator sandwich!

I'm going to guess that this community is basically alright but the "wolves" that everyone keeps talking about (never read the comics) are going to attack and disrupt everything. They may already be there and are using the community as hostages to force Aaron to help draw others in.
WWSD?

benja455

Post by benja455 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:06 pm

Paladin1 wrote:
ineffableone wrote:Overall I liked this episode. Showing how distrusting Rick has become of "safety" and how much he really needs it. Though as much as Michonne needed to prod him, I wish they had given her a little more caution. She is not dumb and shouldn't just being jumping head long it believing in this community. .
I felt this way also. I get that Michonne desperately needs to find normalcy. But after Woodbury and Terminus, they all just walk up to the front gates? Here we are!

Not even a scouting party? Remember how they entered Terminus? Walked right in to smiling faces and then bam! your a Ricktator sandwich!

I'm going to guess that this community is basically alright but the "wolves" that everyone keeps talking about (never read the comics) are going to attack and disrupt everything. They may already be there and are using the community as hostages to force Aaron to help draw others in.
Ha. So true...they resist going for so long and then when they arrive, they just pop up to the front door without checking anything out.

Again, I suspect there are very few residents of this "community" and they are interested in Rick's group for the purposes of strengthening themselves against the "Wolves" or just in general. Having been mislead by omission will not sit well with Rick and it will go downhill from there - especially when he's told that he is no longer in charge and they have to give up their weapons (similar to Woodbury).

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:56 pm

Maybe this town could use a sheriff?

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:05 pm

benja455 wrote:
Some folks are suggesting that it foreshadows the return of Morgan Jones...others are suggesting it was taken from Terminus where they tracked everything - so it's an a serial number, so to speak...or perhaps taken from one of the "Claimers" - such as Joe (although the gun Joe points at Rick is not a Glock).
Yeah, Joe the Claimer had a S&W SW1911SC.....and besides, it would have been left behind at Terminus when Rick's group had to surrender.

They started out good, digging up the bag-o-guns with Joe's Rem 870, Tony's old SP1 AR-15 and S&W revolver, Harley's M44 Mosin, Dan's AK, and Billy and Lou's Uzis......

But somewhere between Terminus and Father G's church they mysteriously acquired a couple more: Rick's HK Mk 23 and Sasha's Seekins SBR. I guess we can chalk-up Glenn's nickel plated 1911 and short barreled AR, Maggie's S&W M&P R8 revolver, Daryl's bolt action rifle, and the extra Glock and Beretta pistols as having been taken from Gareth's group after they were killed at the church.

When Rick was telling Gareth about what was in the bag he buried he mentioned a "machinegun and night vision scope", so I guess that could explain Sasha's Seekins SBR. And Glenn found those sound suppressors in the mini-fridge, so that explains the ones shown on Rick's & Sasha's weapons.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”