"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

fatty21

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by fatty21 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:13 pm

I couldnt finish this last episode. This show is just getting way too beyond pluto for me.

Ill go back and re watch some earlier episodes.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Asymetryczna wrote:That timeline is ridiculous.
It was much easier to tell time when their was product placement by Hyundai...

https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2014-h ... 29775.html
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: None

Post by Asymetryczna » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:39 pm

I was wondering about the extra $6K for that Hyundai and then got to the part about the survival backpack with water bottles.
The last episode was problematic - and simply increased the many questions I have. I also think people just tire of the constant big secret and cliffhanger drama. Its hard to out do ball bat beat downs and tigers but maybe Carl will get feverish and leave detailed plans for building a yellow submarine. This group has not been to sea yet.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:37 pm

Asymetryczna wrote:...but maybe Carl will get feverish and leave detailed plans for building a yellow submarine. This group has not been to sea yet.
Yellow submarine, you say???

They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:10 pm

Well I liked it. And that long reverse dolly shot in the sewer tunnels at the end as the faintly lit Carl receded into the distance was a nice bit of symbolism. Definitely above average cinematography for a TV show.

Best line of dialogue:

[Rick to Negan] "Don't you ever shut up?

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Asymetryczna » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:38 pm

Agree, that was a great shot in the sewer system. Maybe I was just short on fuel because it was a long weekend and I had to get up early on Monday.
Once they were all down in the sewer system I could not get my mind off of that FATBERG blocking the flow of raw sewage beneath London.
To see them all crushed by the congealed mass of fat, wet wipes, nappies and poo would of had people talking the next day much more than what was advertised.
Henry David Thoreau

Hiroshima_Morphine
Favorite Zombie Movies: Gone With The Wind - wait maybe I just felt
like a zombie after watching it for the 100th time as a kid.

Post by Hiroshima_Morphine » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:57 pm

Asymetryczna wrote:Agree, that was a great shot in the sewer system. Maybe I was just short on fuel because it was a long weekend and I had to get up early on Monday.
Once they were all down in the sewer system I could not get my mind off of that FATBERG blocking the flow of raw sewage beneath London.
To see them all crushed by the congealed mass of fat, wet wipes, nappies and poo would of had people talking the next day much more than what was advertised.
Would have been a great way to end the show, IMHO.
Commies to the left of me, Nazis to the right
Here I am stuck in the middle... with you?

Twitter: @AnonymityGone

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:20 pm

When you get right down to it, it all boils down to same old thing: Carl just wouldn't stay in the f*cking house.

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:22 pm

I stopped watching last season, but I still read this thread.
I am the undisputed creator of the zombie tornado. (High Ground series now available)

Steve74
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004), Walking Dead show

Post by Steve74 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:38 am

I don't know, but the team is getting annoying. The whole team whining, no energy. Carl, whining, Rick, whining, Michonne, whining, everybody whining. Back then badasses, now all depressed. Only Negan makes the show entertaining, and I'm just curious who is going to kill him.

The main team and their allies keep doing stupid things. The King was like: "they have the number, but we have the tactics"

Then they stand in the open field, being the perfect target for the .50 cal .

Great tactics right there...

Rick and Daryl beating up each others. 1 part of the team goes by the plan, the other half of the team goes against it.

If they want 1 more season, that should be really different if they want to keep the people at the TV screen. Something like the team goes finding the reason of the zombie infection or go for the cure or something. :v:

Hiroshima_Morphine

Post by Hiroshima_Morphine » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:28 am

Steve74 wrote:I don't know, but the team is getting annoying. The whole team whining, no energy. Carl, whining, Rick, whining, Michonne, whining, everybody whining. Back then badasses, now all depressed. Only Negan makes the show entertaining, and I'm just curious who is going to kill him.

The main team and their allies keep doing stupid things. The King was like: "they have the number, but we have the tactics"

Then they stand in the open field, being the perfect target for the .50 cal .

Great tactics right there...

Rick and Daryl beating up each others. 1 part of the team goes by the plan, the other half of the team goes against it.

If they want 1 more season, that should be really different if they want to keep the people at the TV screen. Something like the team goes finding the reason of the zombie infection or go for the cure or something. :v:
Meh- I'm vested at this point.

I keep tuning in to see who will kill Rick!

Somehow, Mr. Unstable-Asshat-Ambiguity is still alive.

rooks

Post by rooks » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:12 pm

Hiroshima_Morphine wrote:

Problem is, the death of Rick is the end of the show. Kirkman has always said TWD was about Rick's journey, and everyone else was ancillary to his story. Whilst the show has no problem deviating from the comic, Rick is the one constant.

The only way they could continue this show properly after Rick dies was through Carl - but we now know that can't happen.

They should have killed Darryl. He's now useless. He spent half a season sulking about losing his jacket, and still refuses to bathe.
~ Russ

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by majorhavoc » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:49 pm

rooks wrote: They should have killed Darryl. He's now useless. He spent half a season sulking about losing his jacket, and still refuses to bathe.
Ah now. I don't think it's a question of hygiene. I suspect Daryl found himself a whole crate of Dapper Dan Hair Pomage and simply doesn't understand that when it comes to hair cream, less is more.

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Asymetryczna » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:42 am

I suspect Daryl found himself a whole crate of Dapper Dan Hair Pomage
Yes. Great reference. That guy had the snort for making his point and the r-u-n-n-o-f-t woman. Perhaps the pomade, and Darryl's hair grease for that matter, could be used for fire starting. I used to wonder why Darryl wouldn't get it out of his eye but once I saw him in public on TV I realized it is glued there.
Henry David Thoreau

Hiroshima_Morphine

Post by Hiroshima_Morphine » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:08 am

rooks wrote:
Hiroshima_Morphine wrote:

Problem is, the death of Rick is the end of the show. Kirkman has always said TWD was about Rick's journey, and everyone else was ancillary to his story. Whilst the show has no problem deviating from the comic, Rick is the one constant.

The only way they could continue this show properly after Rick dies was through Carl - but we now know that can't happen.

They should have killed Darryl. He's now useless. He spent half a season sulking about losing his jacket, and still refuses to bathe.

That is exactly my point, actually.

I know that the show would end when Rick dies, what I'm saying is that I'm ready for that. But I have now invested [8?] years into this show- so I'm going to continue to ride this train until it reaches its destination. No matter how stupid it gets.

But, seriously- can Rick die yet?

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:14 am

Film company fined in ‘The Walking Dead’ stuntman’s death

ATLANTA (AP) – Federal authorities have imposed the maximum allowable fines on a film company in the on-set death of a stuntman for “The Walking Dead.”

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration said in a news release Friday that it issued a “serious citation” to Stalwart Films LLC and proposed penalties totaling $12,675 “for failing to protect employees from fall hazards while filming.”

John Bernecker, 33, died July 12 from injuries suffered in a fall on the hit show’s set in Senoia, about 35 miles south of Atlanta.

According to a report from the Coweta County Sheriff’s Office, assistant director Matthew Goodwin told a responding officer that Bernecker intended to fall onto a pad but instead fell head-first onto concrete about 22 feet below.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Iowa_guy
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Post by Iowa_guy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:28 pm

RickOShea wrote:Film company fined in ‘The Walking Dead’ stuntman’s death

ATLANTA (AP) – Federal authorities have imposed the maximum allowable fines on a film company in the on-set death of a stuntman for “The Walking Dead.”

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration said in a news release Friday that it issued a “serious citation” to Stalwart Films LLC and proposed penalties totaling $12,675 “for failing to protect employees from fall hazards while filming.”

John Bernecker, 33, died July 12 from injuries suffered in a fall on the hit show’s set in Senoia, about 35 miles south of Atlanta.

According to a report from the Coweta County Sheriff’s Office, assistant director Matthew Goodwin told a responding officer that Bernecker intended to fall onto a pad but instead fell head-first onto concrete about 22 feet below.
Wow that is an error that boggles the mind of how it could have happened. Like jumping without a parachute.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:15 pm

Iowa_guy wrote:
RickOShea wrote:Film company fined in ‘The Walking Dead’ stuntman’s death

Wow that is an error that boggles the mind of how it could have happened. Like jumping without a parachute.
Maybe more like jumping with a parachute....but missing the DZ and landing on the powerlines.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:10 pm

rooks wrote:
Hmm, have you seen the movie 'Warm Bodies'? It could work, Rick's dead and Carl is one of the living dead. [or walking dead if you prefer] To be continued for 3 episodes in 2021 with an hour and 10 minute mid decade finally, so hold your breath.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:31 pm

“The Walking Dead” Renewed for Ninth Season, Angela Kang Replacing Scott Gimple as Showrunner

http://www.tracking-board.com/the-walki ... howrunner/

It will be no surprise to anyone that AMC Networks has renewed The Walking Dead for its ninth season, but it will be returning with a new showrunner next season. Long-time writer Angela Kang will be replacing Scott Gimple, who will be transitioned into his role as Chief Creative Officer for The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead.

The ninth and final season of The Walking Dead will debut this fall as AMC gears up for the return of the show for the second half of Season 8 next month.

benja455

Post by benja455 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:00 pm

Interesting...final season.

Iowa_guy
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Re:

Post by Iowa_guy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:24 pm

benja455 wrote:Interesting...final season.
I have yet to see anything from AMC to say it will be the final season.

SCBrian

Post by SCBrian » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:38 pm

MacWa77ace wrote: Strikeback, a fav of mine, has 2 new episodes in S6, and I had to look at this the whole second ep. Painful. It's almost as bad as watching Carl try to walk with his way to low slung thigh rig.
<offtopic> Started watching this. You can definitely tell when Cinemax took over production... lol was interesting seeing Andrew Lincoln in the first season speaking with a British accent... lol</offtopic>

<topic>
Coooraaallll!
</topic>
I tilt at Windmills
BattleVersion wrote:For my Family?...Burn down the world, sure... But, I'm also willing to carry it on my shoulders.
raptor wrote:...I am allergic to bullets;I break out in blood.
jnathan wrote:... you can choke on my Hebrew National.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:34 pm

Return to “Zombie Training Films”