"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by RickOShea » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:13 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Cherokee John

Post by Cherokee John » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:00 am

dogbane wrote:
Gingerbread Man wrote:So y'all are trying to tell me TV is a lie?

The horror, the horror.....* :ohdear:

*Stolen from "Apocalypse Now" which was stolen from Joseph Conrad's "Heart of Darkness".

It's a vicious cycle. :lol:
:lol:
Well if you want to get technical most western fiction in any form comes from the Greeks. So nothing new has been written since Thespis 534 BC. I don't let it bother me. Gilgamesh had zombies too and that was way back in the 13th century B.C. and the Greeks stole from the Persians, Egyptians and ancient Sumarians.

It's the collective conscious of humans and our art.

(A character in my book uses an Algonquin warclub so I'm going to use this argument with Dogsbane when he sues me. :wink: )
“Guns tell the truth. Guns never say, "I'm only kidding."
― Gustav Hasford, The Short-Timers

procyon

Post by procyon » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:20 am

Mikeyboy wrote:If I was Carol, I would let Lizzie live and just leave her. Executing Lizzie puts a mental burden on Carol and gives Lizzie an easy way out.
Never happen.
In the show (at this point) Carol doesn't leave problems for others.
Carol doesn't worry about the mental burden, just doing what has to be done.
Evan the Diplomat wrote:Yes, Tyreese forgave Carol, but he just saw Carol put down an 11 year old girl and her sort of surrogate daughter. That is a living hell that Carol will carry for years.
On the 'Death by Tyreese', I agree. Carol was looking for a way out.
But I only think that part of Tyreese's reason for letting her live was that she would suffer more alive than she would from his revenge.
The other part was covered in the conversation before Carol took Lizzie for a walk.
Where they discussed Tyreese leaving with Judith alone and Carol would stays with Lizzie.
Carol told him that he and Judith wouldn't make it alone. And Tyreese knew it.
So if he kills Carol, he has at the least doomed Judith with the same shot - and he can see how dooming a child by your actions has affected Carol.
Nope - he didn't want to let her out of that pain, because it would fall on his shoulders shortly after.
... I will show you fear in a handful of dust...

SksScout

Post by SksScout » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:32 am

RickOShea wrote:Image
Nice! You can't stop the signal...

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:45 am

Cherokee John wrote:(A character in my book uses an Algonquin warclub so I'm going to use this argument with Dogsbane when he sues me. :wink: )
I'm not the litigious type, however, if you have a zombie tornado, you'll hear from my lawyers. :lol:

(War clubs are too cool not to share. I can't imagine the ZPAW without some nicely carved head-bashers.)

King Philip's War Club:
Mostly not here anymore.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:54 am

Lew is 46 and Norman is 45.......musta been all the moustache wax. :crazy:

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:39 pm

Hoipoloi

Post by Hoipoloi » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:27 pm

How irresponsible was that to not close the fence when they left?
They were fortunate that it was already closed when they arrived and probably saved a lot of clearing up before staying there. Not a care or thought for those that may want to use that house after them :(

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:43 pm

Hoipoloi wrote:How irresponsible was that to not close the fence when they left?
They were fortunate that it was already closed when they arrived and probably saved a lot of clearing up before staying there. Not a care or thought for those that may want to use that house after them :(
I have to say I thought the same thing when I saw the episode too. But sort of gave them the pass, considering what they just went through emotionally. Can't really expect them to be overly thoughtful and considerate at that sort of time.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Browning 35
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004).
28 Days Later.
Planet Terror.
Dawn of the Dead (1978).
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Omega Man

Post by Browning 35 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:53 pm

Daryl and Beth were supposed to have a first kiss while drinking moonshine, Daryl ruined it with pigs feet breath

Mr. E. Monkey wrote:
Evan the Diplomat wrote:Why do you want to shoot penguins? What did they ever do to you?
It's that smug, superior attitude of theirs, strutting around in their fancy outfits like they're better than everyone else. Yeah, burn in hell, you snobbish bird bastards.

And don't get me started on pandas!

Manimal2878
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead Remake, Shaun of the Dead,

Post by Manimal2878 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:45 pm

Gingerbread Man wrote:Anyone else face/palm on the "Of Mice and Men" moment? Lizzie/Lenny? Look at the bunnies/flowers? One round to the back of the head. Yeah, that's been done before.
Never go to Tvtropes.com. There is literally no story or plot device that hasn't been done a dozen times over some where.

Manimal2878
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead Remake, Shaun of the Dead,

Post by Manimal2878 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:00 pm

RickOShea wrote:Meh, everything had been done over and over again, ad nauseam.

I'll rewatch a movie sometimes with the "Director's commentary" turned on. You always hear stuff like "here's the Jaws moment in our movie, where our protagonist finally gets a good look at his nemesis". Or, "Here's our Highlander moment where our Hero just strides through the battlefield looking for the biggest, baddest foe to fight". Joss Weedon's commentary on The Avengers was almost a constant stream of how he took "this scene" from "this movie", and so on.
Stories are meant to be same thing over and over again, that's actually kind of the point of them. Before writing that's how you shared history and culture; by telling the same stories over and over around a campfire. How many of us have heard somebody say, "No you tell it, you tell it better" in reference to a joke or story that everybody already knows?

I remember coming across a book once called "The 14 Plots" or something like that. The idea being there are only 14 different core stories everything else that makes a story seem new is just being dressing and story teller flair layered on top.

This is what archetypes are all about.

I took a movie history class once. There are some scenes, like you say that are in every movie and the directors and people into it know it consciously, but the rest of us know it too, because we've seen it, but we just don't realize it. Find Battleship Potemkin... After watching it think about how many movies use a baby stroller in peril as a plot device. I bet most of us at this point if we see a stroller on the screen we would start to get a certain psychological response before the movie or show even starts to do anything with it and it's because it's almost like a shared memory that something bad is going to happen.

Those of us, young people or the illiterate, had a nice introduction to the concept of putting down a friend that doesn't understand they did wrong. Those of us who recognized the mice and men parallel should have been filled with dread knowing what was coming as soon as they recognized it.

Bubba Enfield
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, 28 Days later, Dawn'78, The Horde

Post by Bubba Enfield » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:25 pm

ineffableone wrote:
Hoipoloi wrote:How irresponsible was that to not close the fence when they left?
I have to say I thought the same thing when I saw the episode too. But sort of gave them the pass, considering what they just went through emotionally. Can't really expect them to be overly thoughtful and considerate at that sort of time.
I noticed it too, but I thought it looked like she deliberately tossed the fencepost wide, as opposed to just forgetting. It was like she'd rather have the place filled with walkers than have some other group unknowingly take refuge in a place so chock-full of bad juju.

I loved Tyrese's line "The whole world's haunted now."
Prioritize your health. Get out of debt. Grow food.

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:11 am

Bubba Enfield wrote:
ineffableone wrote:
I noticed it too, but I thought it looked like she deliberately tossed the fencepost wide, as opposed to just forgetting. It was like she'd rather have the place filled with walkers than have some other group unknowingly take refuge in a place so chock-full of bad juju.

I loved Tyrese's line "The whole world's haunted now."
Carol leaving the fence open was the same as Beth and Daryl burning down the moon shiners house. Just trying to erase a bad memory.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

Softscrubb

Post by Softscrubb » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:59 pm

My money is on Terminus being a cannibalism center.... good hunters wait for their food to come to them...
Doc Torr wrote: I'd imagine the Scots will be in for a world of hurt if the sheep get really mad. Maybe they should start with some foreplay now, to soften the blow?

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:33 pm

Well, if anyone is interested, here's a screenshot of "Terminus" from one of the foreign promos:

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af2 ... -promo.jpg

Son of Jord

Post by Son of Jord » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:01 pm

Mary scares me.

......and WTF is with people carrying big packs by one f-ing shoulder strap?

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:05 pm

My wife who never read the comics or know who the hunters are thinks terminus is a bunch of cannibals.

When i saw the bbq grill that looks long enough for a body and animal meat is scarce what else the people of terminus could they be???

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:09 pm

OK some of them have arrived at Terminus and there is no guards, and lots of gardens, and so far just one person. WTF?

Seems really fishy to me, a bit too good to be true. Especially this far into Zpaw for there to be no sentries guarding the place.

Yep that BBQ screams cannibals. Though that could be miss direction too.

Also interesting hearing Joe's telling of the encounter with Rick. I have to say I really don't like Daryl with Joe and crew. They are not a good influence on him.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:12 pm

ineffableone wrote:
Also interesting hearing Joe's telling of the encounter with Rick. I have to say I really don't like Daryl with Joe and crew. They are not a good influence on him.
I hope Daryl didn't give up on beth and looks like Rick pissed off another leader...

Maverick299

Post by Maverick299 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:17 pm

How did the great Daryl let not one, but two people get within a foot of him without him noticing?
The Devil's always smiling when I pass by.

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:27 pm

ausher wrote:
ineffableone wrote:
I hope Daryl didn't give up on beth and looks like Rick pissed off another leader...
Yep, just wait till he gets to Terminus, he will probably piss the leader off there too, he seems good at pissing off other leaders.

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:32 pm

Browning 35
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004).
28 Days Later.
Planet Terror.
Dawn of the Dead (1978).
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Omega Man

Post by Browning 35 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:56 pm

Four seasons into the ZPaw and we're just seeing a super-long Mosin bayonet take a zed in the throat now? All I can say is finally.

Also...don't lie to Jeff Kober/'Joe' and try to frame Daryl with a dead rabbit or you'll end up beaten to death in a ditch with an arrow jammed in the eye.
Mr. E. Monkey wrote:
Evan the Diplomat wrote:Why do you want to shoot penguins? What did they ever do to you?
It's that smug, superior attitude of theirs, strutting around in their fancy outfits like they're better than everyone else. Yeah, burn in hell, you snobbish bird bastards.

And don't get me started on pandas!

Return to “Zombie Training Films”