"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by DJH » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:25 am

The more I think about Lizzie... the more I think she's playing the role of... oh, let's just say GN issue 61 comes to mind.
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

ODA 226
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ODA 226 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:53 am

Towanda wrote:I liked what Adam Savage said on "Talking Dead" about Hershel polishing hope and trying to preserve a little bit of pre-zombocalypse civilization.
Dale was trying to do the exact same thing.
Bitka Sve Rešava!
NEVER SACRIFICE SECURITY FOR SPEED!
B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

My INCH Bag
My Ultimate Altoid Tin
My Bug-In Solar Lights
My Wilderness Ditch Kit

Gun_Nut_2k1

Post by Gun_Nut_2k1 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:30 am

On the bright side, they have less mouths to feed than pre flu.
GN
Oneswunk wrote:Interesting idea, but I still prefer the feel of wood in my hands.
tarzan wrote:Not a sound argument for having wood, in my opinion.
Tommy Tran wrote:Before I drop hammer on a 'clear' SG I full finger both tubes!

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:05 am

ODA 226 wrote:
Towanda wrote:I liked what Adam Savage said on "Talking Dead" about Hershel polishing hope and trying to preserve a little bit of pre-zombocalypse civilization.
Dale was trying to do the exact same thing.
Dale whined the whole time about it. Hershel motivates people by his actions.
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

gundogs

Post by gundogs » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:38 am

Rick & Carl finally whip out the rifles and blow away a bunch of Walkers. WHY didn't they do that before they breached the fence?

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:47 am

gundogs wrote:Rick & Carl finally whip out the rifles and blow away a bunch of Walkers. WHY didn't they do that before they breached the fence?
Noise attracts walkers so they were trying to do it quietly. When the breach happened there was no real choice since there were so many. Now they need to mend/block the breach before more show up.
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.

Mr. Bones
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead

Post by Mr. Bones » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:15 am

Paladin1 wrote:
But you have to give him credit, he went in and held it together in the sick ward just about single handed. him breaking down in the cell was a touching moment.
Single legedly. :D

In all seriousness...I really did love the scene with Maggie and Herschel. Being a father of two daughters, I could relate.
ZS FLEET# 0456

A black astronaut Cyril?? That's like killing a unicorn!

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:23 am

NamelessStain wrote:
gundogs wrote:Rick & Carl finally whip out the rifles and blow away a bunch of Walkers. WHY didn't they do that before they breached the fence?
Noise attracts walkers so they were trying to do it quietly. When the breach happened there was no real choice since there were so many. Now they need to mend/block the breach before more show up.
I still believe they should be giving the kids and anyone else willing shooting lessons. Give them all a .22 rifles with homemade silencers, and a brick of ammo. That field leading up to the fence would be clear, but I guess that would be boring for a Zombie TV show.

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:33 am

Mikeyboy wrote:
NamelessStain wrote:
I still believe they should be giving the kids and anyone else willing shooting lessons. Give them all a .22 rifles with homemade silencers, and a brick of ammo. That field leading up to the fence would be clear, but I guess that would be boring for a Zombie TV show.
Most of the firearms that I have seen on the show are center fire rifles/pistols, and shotguns. Maybe they aren't having luck finding any .22LR.

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:42 am

NamelessStain wrote:
Most of the firearms that I have seen on the show are center fire rifles/pistols, and shotguns. Maybe they aren't having luck finding any .22LR.[/quote]

So far that's the most realistic thing I've seen on this show.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:01 pm

yossarian wrote:
NamelessStain wrote:
Most of the firearms that I have seen on the show are center fire rifles/pistols, and shotguns. Maybe they aren't having luck finding any .22LR.

So far that's the most realistic thing I've seen on this show.[/quote]
:lol: :cry:
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

Tireur

Post by Tireur » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:01 pm

RickOShea wrote:
ineffableone wrote:The clip of next week with the Gov looks like we are going to have some serious action happening. I think Michonne might be a bit pevved when she sees him.
I believe that in the next couple of episodes we are going to see a lot of what Groucho, Chico, & Harpo have been up to (including the burning of Woodbury) since the end of season 3.

Well that would make a lot of sense. Maybe adding to why the ex-Woodbury crew are dropping like flies. They lost their town, reduced to the dank cells and watching their number go one by one...leading to...

For the peeps beotching about Herschel taking corpses out of the cell block to dispatch them...you're forgetting his line about "a sad soul can kill you quicker than a germ". He was doing everything he could to keep the lunger ward going for as long as he could, including keeping all the zed dispatching out of sight.

Haa haa I think they are deliberately flipping other seasons...instead of starting out strong with endless mind numbing filler in between they are starting off slow and building every episode. Hope they can keep the wave going for the whole season. Hell Michonne might even have a new facial expression when the Gov shows up on the other side of the wire. :D
I did not slap you in the face, I high fived your head and your hands did not get in the way.
Epicest th'd evah http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 29&t=29034" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Murphman
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Murphman » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:07 pm

I found it awfully convenient that there weren't any walkers around when the Gov decided to show back up. The place was crawling with them for every episode this season, but one small breach; repelled by two people with AR's, one having his shooting hand banged up and the other not knowing how to re-load before it started, seemed to clear out every walker for a mile.

I am really loathing the plot armor this season.
"If you are prepped for pandemic flu, you are more than prepped for Ebola. And pandemic flu is hella more likely, that's the one that scares me, personally." - Duodecima...and she's a freaking doctor. What are you?

HuntingBow96

Post by HuntingBow96 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:27 pm

Did anybody see where they was storing their guns? What an odd place to put them :?

HuntingBow96

Post by HuntingBow96 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:30 pm

Mikeyboy wrote:
NamelessStain wrote:
There must be silenced weapons around that the military left or something, I'm surprised Morgan didn't have a few....

HuntingBow96

Post by HuntingBow96 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:30 pm

DJH wrote:The more I think about Lizzie... the more I think she's playing the role of... oh, let's just say GN issue 61 comes to mind.
Can you explain this? As I havn't read the GN...

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:36 pm

HuntingBow96 wrote:Did anybody see where they was storing their guns? What an odd place to put them :?
Well, guns are tools. :lol: But better to treat them like chainsaws and lawnmowers than like rakes and hoes.

Edit to add: I wonder if the rifles were in little wagons that they pull out for duty, then put away at night.
Mostly not here anymore.

HuntingBow96

Post by HuntingBow96 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:52 pm

dogbane wrote:
HuntingBow96 wrote:Did anybody see where they was storing their guns? What an odd place to put them :?
Well, guns are tools. :lol: But better to treat them like chainsaws and lawnmowers than like rakes and hoes.

Edit to add: I wonder if the rifles were in little wagons that they pull out for duty, then put away at night.
I hope they was, the gov might be able to access them if they are left out

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:12 pm

dogbane wrote:

The industrial laundry basket that they had them in should have wheels to roll, so I imagine that the idea was to roll it in and out as needed. Actually kind of a smart idea to have a big repository of weapons that can be moved to where you need them.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

HuntingBow96

Post by HuntingBow96 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:21 pm

:shock:

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:21 pm

HuntingBow96 wrote:
DJH wrote:The more I think about Lizzie... the more I think she's playing the role of... oh, let's just say GN issue 61 comes to mind.
Lizzie & Mika....possible TV versions of Ben & Billy.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Ben_(Comic_Series)
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:30 pm

HuntingBow96 wrote:
There must be silenced weapons around that the military left or something, I'm surprised Morgan didn't have a few....
I don't recall using any silenced weapons in my 13 years.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:34 pm

HuntingBow96 wrote:
Uhm..Ixnay on the oilerspay.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:49 pm

Evan the Diplomat wrote:
HuntingBow96 wrote:
Uhm..Ixnay on the oilerspay.
Yeah I PM'd him an answer, no worries.
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”