"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Sir_Hejl
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later, The Walking Dead, Zombie Diaries, Land of the Dead

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Sir_Hejl » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:34 pm

Merle should read rule #6

CarolinaPeach
Favorite Zombie Movies: I was hoping it would be "World War Z" but I don't think that's going to happen. So, in order: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland...so far.

Re:

Post by CarolinaPeach » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:55 pm

Sir_Hejl wrote:
CarolinaPeach wrote:I have to echo a previous poster with regards to the Gov being able to get out that crowd of walkers that Andrea dumped on him and then manage to still get the jump on her later right before she could flag down the prison.

He may be insane but he certainly does know how to keep his eye on the prize of revenge.

Peach
Eye on the prize eh? Pun intended? Lol
I confess, I was trying to fly that one under the radar. :wink:

Peach

Wolfe4086
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Dead Series
Zombii Series
Cemetary Man
Zombieland

Post by Wolfe4086 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:32 pm

HuntingBow96 wrote: First one with the grenade launcher, was it martinez?
Hard to say but remember Morgan had a bunch of milspec weapons as well. Who's to say that it was not one of the Prison people blowing yet another of the Governor's men out the towers that are unsecured for some odd reason.
"The price of failure is to be paid for in blood" Sensei Yamashita - Tanaka Corporation School of Assassins

Sir_Hejl
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later, The Walking Dead, Zombie Diaries, Land of the Dead

Post by Sir_Hejl » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:45 am

Yea, that blew my mind... How did that guy get inside the gate, past the guards, and into a guard tower...

NamelessStain

Re:

Post by NamelessStain » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:29 am

Sir_Hejl wrote:Yea, that blew my mind... How did that guy get inside the gate, past the guards, and into a guard tower...
He probably got in through the unsecured side like the other group.
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

Gun_Nut_2k1

Post by Gun_Nut_2k1 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:38 am

You mean the group that lost at least one member and made enough noise Carl went to investigate when they came in the "unsecured side"? It is possible he came over the fence I suppose. They are designed to keep people in, but it couldn't be an easy climb anyway you look at it.
GN
Oneswunk wrote:Interesting idea, but I still prefer the feel of wood in my hands.
tarzan wrote:Not a sound argument for having wood, in my opinion.
Tommy Tran wrote:Before I drop hammer on a 'clear' SG I full finger both tubes!

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:51 am

He was in the tower at the end of the fence, right next to the burned-out cell block. Looks like he could have slipped up along side of that building and cut a hole in the fence without being seen.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Sir_Hejl

Post by Sir_Hejl » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:34 am

Yea. I'm just wondering why they shot Oscar, and not a main character lol unless that's how the GN goes, or if the gov is really that bad of a shot... Because he hits Oscar one hit, then can't hit shit the next 1,000 rounds

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:45 am

The Guv shot Axel in the head. His first shot was the signal to start the attack. The guy in the tower was the one pumping boolitz into Axel's body, as Carol hid behind it. After that, the Guv was pretty much just making noise to draw in more walkers to the area.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:50 am

http://cheezburger.com/7140403456" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enough said.
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

TN-Shooter
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later

Post by TN-Shooter » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:27 am

Has anyone found who drive the truck of zombies into the prison during The Gov attack? It was clearly a woman decked in swat gear. She ran away after she dropped the off. Could that of have been Andrea?

Someone please help me with this,
What if everyone was once a zombie but there was a human apocalypse?

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Re:

Post by majorhavoc » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:48 am

TN-Shooter wrote:Has anyone found who drive the truck of zombies into the prison during The Gov attack? It was clearly a woman decked in swat gear. She ran away after she dropped the off. Could that of have been Andrea?

It was not Andrea.

Sir_Hejl

Post by Sir_Hejl » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:08 pm

Idk why I thought axle was named Oscar... Who was Oscar?

Pockie

Re:

Post by Pockie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:09 pm

Sir_Hejl wrote:Idk why I thought axle was named Oscar... Who was Oscar?
Oscar was the other prisoner with Axel. He got shot during the rescue mission for Glenn and Maggie at Woodbury.
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.- Isaac Asimov

Sir_Hejl

Post by Sir_Hejl » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:11 pm

That's right! Thanks. 'Tis confusion. I just watched most of season 3 in about a week. Names ran together.

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Re: Re:

Post by dogbane » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:14 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
TN-Shooter wrote:Has anyone found who drive the truck of zombies into the prison during The Gov attack? It was clearly a woman decked in swat gear. She ran away after she dropped the off. Could that of have been Andrea?

It was not Andrea.
Was it "Karen"?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2401094/ful ... cl_sm#cast" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mostly not here anymore.

Pockie

Post by Pockie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:22 pm

dogbane wrote:
majorhavoc wrote:

It was not Andrea.
Was it "Karen"?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2401094/ful ... cl_sm#cast" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
According to the Walking Dead Wiki page:

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Karen" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Karen is seen on the front wall, armed with a rifle, on watch duty with the other guards. When Andrea inquires Karen on The Governor's whereabouts, she refuses to give her an answer, claiming that she doesn't know anything.
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.- Isaac Asimov

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:29 pm

I thought I was probably wrong.
Mostly not here anymore.

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:45 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
Sir_Hejl wrote:Post apocalyptic sex counter!

Lori - 2 ( Shane and Rick)
Andrea - 2 (Shane and Gov)
Maggie - 1.5 ( Glenn and gov)
Carol - 0 (maybe her dick husband)
Rick - 1 (Lori)
Shane - 2 (Lori and Andrea)
Glenn - 1( Maggie)
Carl - 0
Hershel - 1 (his wife obviously)

So, Andrea, Shane and lori are/were the most promiscuous of the bunch... I was going to defend Andrea (for once) till I remembered season 2 in the SUV.
Stop it. Just stop it.

You don't like Andrea. I get that. We all get that. But this is getting more than a little disrespectful. You've received responses from other forum members hinting that you need to cool it, but you just don't seem to be getting the message, Sir_Hejl, so I'll come right out and say it.

You're making some of us very uncomfortable with your increasingly tiresome hostility toward female characters in this show. And connecting it their sexual activity is just infantile and boorish. Please review the forum rules http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895 before you post again. Particularly #6.

Do not ruin this for the rest of us by getting this thread L&B'ed.
Sorry, and I say this with all due respect to you Major Havoc, but that statement is simply, and utterly ridiculous. Come one we are talking about characters on a TV show about Zombies for crying out loud. Hate speech is a serious accusation to make against another poster, and should not be thrown around lightly like that.

Sins

Post by Sins » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:39 pm

Frankly I don't have a problem with the sexual activities of anyone on the show. Except maybe glen having make up sex while he was supposed to be on watch.
However it is a lifestyle choice which can come with risks. You can't tell me that if Merle were smoking the crack pipe still (a lifestyle choice with risks) we wouldn't have a few talking about that.
I think it's a stretch to apply hate speach to a fictional character as a means to punish a member. I better not say Santa Clause was a fat stingy prick to me last year then. . Lol

Sir_Hejl

Post by Sir_Hejl » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Yea, Glenn F'd up there. I was secretly hoping the attack would come then just to make a point. Lol

Pockie

Re:

Post by Pockie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:56 pm

Sins wrote:Frankly I don't have a problem with the sexual activities of anyone on the show. Except maybe glen having make up sex while he was supposed to be on watch.
However it is a lifestyle choice which can come with risks. You can't tell me that if Merle were smoking the crack pipe still (a lifestyle choice with risks) we wouldn't have a few talking about that. I think it's a stretch to apply hate speach to a fictional character as a means to punish a member. I better not say Santa Clause was a fat stingy prick to me last year then. . Lol
If Merle were still hitting the pipe, that would be illegal. ZS frowns on illegal activity, so, yeah, it would be put down. Probably as much for that as for the tactical disadvantage the group would be at having a cracked out guy on guard duty if they didn't know he was doing it.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re:

Post by RickOShea » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:29 pm

There's been no definitive answer given (yet) about who was driving the truck. Could have been a slender woman or a skinny boy.

They were wearing a JT paintball mask and goggles, a MICH-style helmet, and an MX/Motocross padded & armored riding jacket. You didn't actually see him/her do it, but it's assumed that the person jumped into the bed of the Guv's truck as he went tear-assing past the main gate (just before he passed Glenn coming from the other direction).

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:47 pm

Mikeyboy wrote:
majorhavoc wrote: Sorry, and I say this with all due respect to you Major Havoc, but that statement is simply, and utterly ridiculous. Come one we are talking about characters on a TV show about Zombies for crying out loud. Hate speech is a serious accusation to make against another poster, and should not be thrown around lightly like that.
I never accursed Sir_Hejl of hate speech. A number of posters were indicating that the tenor of the discussion was making them uncomfortable. If we're creating at an hostile atmosphere here at ZS, were anyone on the basis of their gender feels intimidated or unwelcome, then we are violating the referenced forum rule. So my concern is for the real, live participants of this thread, not the fictional characters of a television show. If the mods believe I am mistaken about that, I encourage them to tell me so.

Several thread participants (all male, as far as I could tell) have since publically indicated that they saw nothing wrong with the direction the discussion was headed the other day. Which is what I suspected was going on previously, and is exactly the reason why I said what I did.

Sir_Hejl offered what I took to be a very gracious and sincere apology. I hadn't planned on touching on this topic any further because the point had been made and it was time to get back on topic. I was willing to let it go. Are you?

Return to “Zombie Training Films”