"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Toothpick Jim

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Toothpick Jim » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:41 am

OK...a 5" glass shard buried in the Gov's eyeball and he aint dead???? :roll: That had to hit the brain.

KentsOkay
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by KentsOkay » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:49 am

Toothpick Jim wrote:OK...a 5" glass shard buried in the Gov's eyeball and he aint dead???? :roll: That had to hit the brain.
4" of it was clenched in Michonne's hand, then looks like it broke off?
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

Wolfe4086
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Dead Series
Zombii Series
Cemetary Man
Zombieland

Post by Wolfe4086 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:07 am

KentsOkay wrote:
Toothpick Jim wrote:OK...a 5" glass shard buried in the Gov's eyeball and he aint dead???? :roll: That had to hit the brain.
4" of it was clenched in Michonne's hand, then looks like it broke off?
Still annoyed she didn't try to finish him when she had the chance.
"The price of failure is to be paid for in blood" Sensei Yamashita - Tanaka Corporation School of Assassins

Raven927

Post by Raven927 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:07 am

Ya Michonne stabbed it, twisted then broke it off.
crypto wrote:The Ruger Hokey-Pokey

YOU PUT THE MAGAZINE IN
YOU TAKE THE MAGAZINE OUT
YOU TURN IT UPSIDE-DOWN AND THEN YOU SHAKE IT ALL ABOUT
YOU YELL SOME MOTHERFUCKERS THEN YOU BEAT THE SPRING BACK OUT
THATS-WHAT-ITS-ALL-ABOUT!

benja455

Post by benja455 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:33 am

RickOShea wrote:Noticed that in the final frame, Milton was staring at the Guv.... I wonder if he'll be the "defector" in the show.
I agree. I figured Andrea will convince him to help her when she decides to challenge the Guv. Milton will die as a result.

URBAN ASSAULT

Post by URBAN ASSAULT » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:06 am

Relax... it was 'safety' glass.

:lol:

-urban
"When under imminent Predator attack, try to act all Thalidomide-y till they go away".-me
3%

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:18 am

Just because you hit the brain does not equate to death. You can have parts of your brain removed and live. Look at Gabby Giffords, she was shot in the head and she's still alive years after the event. There is nothing directly behind the eye that would kill you.

http://www.xump.com/Images/Products/Bra ... r-500A.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It appears there is bone between the eye and the brain. Directly behind that optic chaism.

http://www.medicalexhibits.com/obrasky/ ... 04_01X.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Therefore, he's probably permanently blind but most likely not going to suffer brain damage. Now, what's probably going to kill him dead within a 3-7 days is infection.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

angelofwar
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead, I Am Legend

Post by angelofwar » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:36 am

The Gov should have been laid up for a few days with both eyes patched...but, I guess the doctor that treated him didn't know that...
"The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts..."
http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... w#p2141127

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:23 am

So what happened to the last two big black guys in that group?

Other things I learned,

Andrea is OK with her boyfriend keeping zombie heads in fish tanks.

Carl is OK with putting bullets in dying women's heads.

Prisoners think Lesbians have short hair.

Sins

Post by Sins » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:28 am

Andrea must die
First she practically steals guns when she is told she can't have them.
Second she nearly shoots Daryl
Third she goes all team Shane
Fourth she didn't do a good job sticking with the pack in the farm escape and needed Michonne to save her ass
Fifth she had sex with the Governor
Sixth she looks at an aquarium of zombie heads and the Governor cradling a dead zombie girl and STILL sides with the Governor.

Her best ASSet has already been seen by the public,
and it wasn't that great

GP100Wii

Post by GP100Wii » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:33 am

Knowing that the Governor is as messed up as he is now, Andrea is going to feel icky herself.

She'll have some loyalty to Daryl too.

She'll do something to fix it.

kbilly84

Post by kbilly84 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:47 am

Is it February yet? Guess I'll just have to read the GN to re-familiarize myself with this storyline during the break.

I was VERY happy to see Daryl alive and reunited with his crossbow in the preview. Makes me excited to see how he gets out. No Andrea or Merle though... :?
Anyone else find it intriguing that the fish tank heads still try to bite? Apparently walkers can't be drowned.

How does this show get better every week? Considering Hollywood, that's an accomplishment unto itself.

Oh, and...... TYREESE!!!! :clap: :clap:

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Boondock » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:50 am

Regular Guy wrote:Now, what's probably going to kill him dead within a 3-7 days is infection.
Yup. That's my biggest peeve with PAW shows, no one ever gets septic or some other infection as a result of their injuries. Ah, well.

MrBomb
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Night of the Living Dead, Walking Dead

Post by MrBomb » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:03 am

kbilly84 wrote:....Anyone else find it intriguing that the fish tank heads still try to bite? Apparently walkers can't be drowned.
They don't have any lungs that need oxygen, and no heart that needs the lungs. After letting that go I am ok with them still being "alive" in a tank of (water/formaldehyde/embalming fluid?) whatever is inside those tanks.

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:16 am

MrBomb wrote:
kbilly84 wrote:....Anyone else find it intriguing that the fish tank heads still try to bite? Apparently walkers can't be drowned.
They don't have any lungs that need oxygen, and no heart that needs the lungs. After letting that go I am ok with them still being "alive" in a tank of (water/formaldehyde/embalming fluid?) whatever is inside those tanks.
I figured no brain trauma = still biting.
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

firerat

Post by firerat » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:54 am

Boondock wrote:
Regular Guy wrote:Now, what's probably going to kill him dead within a 3-7 days is infection.
Yup. That's my biggest peeve with PAW shows, no one ever gets septic or some other infection as a result of their injuries. Ah, well.
This show is actually better than some in that regard.

Remember T-dawg and his yucky cut?

And Carl did slip pretty far under. (was that from infection or blood loss. Don't remember)

Even Herschel had some infection issues.

Michonne though was so bad ass that she healed within hours from her gunshot wound.

I do see what you are saying though. To me, once the thick of the initial whatever causes the world to go boom, dehydration and infections would, IMO, be the leading causes of death due to lack of water and supplies.

But it is The Walking Dead, not ER, so.......
"If someone with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?"

-George Carlin

KentsOkay

Post by KentsOkay » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:07 am

Boondock wrote:
Umm, T-Dog almost died of infection didn't he?
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:10 am

KentsOkay wrote:
Boondock wrote:
yeah, but then someone realized he was the last black dude on the show at the time.
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

KentsOkay

Post by KentsOkay » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:13 am

DJH wrote:
KentsOkay wrote:
Boondock wrote:
yeah, but then someone realized he was the last black dude on the show at the time.
By that rule, Glenn is immortal.

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:20 am

Jokingly, I said, "Look, Tyrese is introduced.... Oscar is dead."

Ended up not a joke. :|
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:24 am

kbilly84 wrote:Is it February yet? Guess I'll just have to read the GN to re-familiarize myself with this storyline during the break.

I was VERY happy to see Daryl alive and reunited with his crossbow in the preview. Makes me excited to see how he gets out. No Andrea or Merle though... :?
In that same preview, Andrea told the Guv something to the effect of, "I need to go see them"......Then you could see her standing in front of the prison gate, holding a decoy walker in front of her with one of those animal control graspers.

At the 0:12 mark:

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:35 am

KentsOkay wrote:
Boondock wrote:
This reminds me of something I've said before, and I'll ponder it again.

In The Rise Of The Governor, everything went to hell in just three or four days. And Atlanta was filled with six million walkers within two weeks of the outbreak.

It almost seems like the initial introduction of the virus/bacteria/space radiation* killed off a massive amount of folks......And those that are still alive today, must've had a higher than normal immune system, or were fairly well isolated from da masses and got infected after the (whatever the cause*) mutated to a less lethal state/version.

ETA: Another preview clip:

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:46 am

I quantify it with game mechanics - those we see in the ZPAW and made it this far? Good Constitution ability scores and fortitude saving throws. I know people that just never get colds. :wink:
President ZSC011

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:54 am

As has been mentioned - that sure is a lot of full auto going on though. Hrmmmm... M-16s, AKs, and an Uzi. If I were in a place where ammo was a premium? Going to be a lot kinder to my supply and take it down a notch. Plus, where the Hell does one scavenge so many full auto guns?
President ZSC011

Return to “Zombie Training Films”