"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by RickOShea » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:55 am

UndeadInfidel wrote:I'm not sure why anyone was real attached to T-Dog. They did almost zero character development with him. We never learned where he was from, what made him who he was, or even his real name.
Theodore Douglas. Can't remember when he said it, but I believe it was in the early part of season two.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Glen Bateman
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (original)

Post by Glen Bateman » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:56 am

If Carol is being eliminated (though my money's not on it), at least it'll cut down on the damn-names-sound-alike factor. Now there's just Daryl, Merle and Carl.
"Man may have been made in the image of God but human society was made in the image of His opposite number and is always trying to get back home."

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:59 am

Glen Bateman wrote:The Governor said it was just him and his little girl now. We haven't seen her yet. Hmmm.
Not "in the flesh", at least:

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

UndeadInfidel
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead

Re:

Post by UndeadInfidel » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:06 am

Texas19Delta wrote:
UndeadInfidel wrote:Any guesses on the baby's name?

Rick Jr
Shane
Otis
Walker..?
Everyone knows that Walker is a Texas Ranger, not the kid of some sheriff in Georgia.

Wait a second, with all of the excitement with the zombies, Carl doing post-operation care on a field expedient c-section, and all - Did anyone determine if it was a boy or a girl?
You're right, they didn't say if it was a boy or a girl.

In that case - the obvious girl name would be Sophia.

Caenus
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: the ones where people turn into zombies

Re:

Post by Caenus » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:16 am

Texas19Delta wrote:

Rick Jr
Shane
Otis
Walker..?
Everyone knows that Walker is a Texas Ranger, not the kid of some sheriff in Georgia.

Wait a second, with all of the excitement with the zombies, Carl doing post-operation care on a field expedient c-section, and all - Did anyone determine if it was a boy or a girl?
According to Wiki it is a girl they'll name Judith.
"If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil." - Larry the Cable Guy

Check out my Zombie Novels!; Phoenix Rising; ...and the sequel: Through the Ashes

UndeadInfidel
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead

Re: Re:

Post by UndeadInfidel » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:29 am

Caenus wrote:
Texas19Delta wrote:

Rick Jr
Shane
Otis
Walker..?

According to Wiki it is a girl they'll name Judith.
I don't search wikis. Too many spoilers.

Pockie

Post by Pockie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:38 am

T-Dog's death scene had me bawling like a baby. Lori's too. Not only did two main characters die, but they both died in an act of sacrifice to save someone else. That always reads way higher on the emotionally crushing scale than someone who just so happens to get offed.
I'm definitely sad to see T-Dog go. Even when he had no lines, I still liked him, something about the way he carried himself, I think. When he first got bit, I just assumed that was it. They'd get to safety, they'd try to save him, fail and have to put him down. But to throw himself into a group to be torn apart while Carol got away? He was the hero Shane claimed Otis was (please don't think I'm downplaying Otis's ability to have been a hero, he wasn't given the chance). I thought that was interesting that they chose to do that.
As for Lori's death. Wow. So much emotion in that scene. I'm glad that she went out the way she did. People like to hate on her... which I only sort of get. So, I'm glad she got a chance to show the true character before she died. (I'm also glad that I won't have to read over and over again: "I wish Lori would just die already" anymore) I thought the way she was portrayed throughout the show was very real, as opposed to being one dimensional. She was a person who fucked up sometimes, said the wrong thing sometimes, and knew full well that she wasn't perfect.

Did anyone notice that Lori is the first name out of Rick's mouth when the prison is overrun? That made me smile. He's been avoiding her, but when it comes down to it, he's thinking of her first. I can't wait to see how this will affect him, I just hope they keep it believable, even if it's a bit over the top.
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.- Isaac Asimov

Eklipsis
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later/28 weeks later

Post by Eklipsis » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:39 am

On the show T dog never got any lines
On Talking Dead he couldn't stop talking

...Oh the IronE

If you're prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse...blizzards are a breeze.

Pockie

Post by Pockie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:54 am

RickOShea wrote:
UndeadInfidel wrote:I'm not sure why anyone was real attached to T-Dog. They did almost zero character development with him. We never learned where he was from, what made him who he was, or even his real name.
Theodore Douglas. Can't remember when he said it, but I believe it was in the early part of season two.
He said it to Dale while everyone was off looking for Sophia and his arm was getting infected. Something along the lines of, "Whole world going to hell and Theodore Douglas dies from a cut on his arm." I know that's not the exact quote, but I didn't feel like looking it up.
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.- Isaac Asimov

firerat

Post by firerat » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:17 am

When T-dog had his ethical dilema with kicking out the prisoners, I knew it was over for him.

Seems to be a death sentence in this series.

Remember Dale had his issue when they wanted to kill Randall? I don't know if it was the same episode or the next, but that was the end of Dale.

RIP T-dog. went out like a champ. Wish we coulda got to know you better.

I didn't like Lori, but her death scene got me teary eyed. VERY well acted. By all 3 in the scene. :clap:

What really got me was the reaction of Rick in the yard, when he sees Maggie holding his baby. The non-verbal eachange between the 2 was heart breaking. Again, VERY well acted. :clap:

I think Michonne is either poorly acted, poorly written, or I dunno just something is off. And why would you show your hand so quickly to the Governor, but say nothing to Andrea. (referring to the bullet holes and blood with the NG equipment) That's just seems kind of stupid.

And I keep expecting Andrea to slip under the table and give the little gubner a nice hello. She wants to hang around another day or so? Why? I think I missed something.

Did I hear the Governor mention he had a daughter.....here Penny Penny...... :twisted: I just finished reading "The Rise of the Governor" and am starting "The Road to Woodbury" so hearing him mention a daughter has me excited for what we may see. (I'll stop there)

"Why didn't we ever hook up." "You called me a whore." "I do have a way with words don't I." Fucking awesome!!!!!!
"If someone with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?"

-George Carlin

Glen Bateman
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (original)

Post by Glen Bateman » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:19 am

Eklipsis wrote:On the show T dog never got any lines
On Talking Dead he couldn't stop talking

...Oh the IronE
I'm looking for the "like" button here.
"Man may have been made in the image of God but human society was made in the image of His opposite number and is always trying to get back home."

11C1P

Post by 11C1P » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:25 am

I am wondering if the fact that Merle is stoking up Andrea to be mad at Rick & the group for "abandoning" her when they were all running for their lives will be some sort of factor when the situation comes to a boil. She has also started butting heads with Michonne and the Gov. told her his first name, and even act liked he was going in for a kiss, and she didn't look like she was going to dodge it. He knows he has her around his finger, of course with Andrea, she seems to change who's finger she wraps herself around quite a bit Image
http://www.ndmsg.webs.com

A wise old owl Sat in an oak.
The more he saw,the less he spoke.
The less he spoke,the more he heard.
Why can't we be like that wise old bird?

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:31 am

I think Michonne is either poorly acted, poorly written, or I dunno just something is off. And why would you show your hand so quickly to the Governor, but say nothing to Andrea. (referring to the bullet holes and blood with the NG equipment) That's just seems kind of stupid.
I have a problem with that, too. Last night, I wrote elsewhere:
Michonne needs to be more explicit about her concerns. Andrea needs concrete reasons for action. Michonne should know Andrea well enough by now to know which buttons to push. She's too reticent, unless there is a reason she won't disclose her fears. Maybe she knows Andrea will blurt it out to the Gov and then they'd be toast, or Michonne would be, anyway. There must be a reason she's so tight-lipped, unless it's just bad writing.
Whisk.E responded:
Michonne is smart enough to have figured out what actually happened between The Governor and the National Guard outfit, and -- knowing Andrea and her failed "strong female lead" -- Andrea would blurt it out in an attempt to find the truth, then get everyone killed.
Mostly not here anymore.

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:40 am

Nothing to really add here except:

See what they did? You hate Lori and they kill her off in a way that makes you sad about it. Signature move right there (re Kirkman style).
*Here's the played-ass trope or the easy piece of bait... YOINK!*

I bet we see Lori rise because Carl (and not wrongfully) didn't finish it good enough.
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

firerat

Post by firerat » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:42 am

Ok, that's a good point concerning Andrea.

But I still find it kind of dumb to show your cards to the Governor so quickly. I know it's already obvious she's not a big fan of his, but almost like she's poking him with a stick and daring him.
ninja-elbow wrote:
See what they did? You hate Lori and they kill her off in a way that makes you sad about it. Signature move right there (re Kirkman style).
Fair enough. You need good acting to pull it off though. They did it. I felt bad. Good job.
ninja-elbow wrote:I bet we see Lori rise because Carl (and not wrongfully) didn't finish it good enough.

You think? I dunno. Carl's pretty good at getting shit done.

It would be interesting though....
"If someone with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?"

-George Carlin

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:54 am

True about that acting. Comics don't need that as much :lol: It is a signature that I bandy-about on all the time for Kirkman though. He likes to mess with people. He'll lead you one way and give it a good twist in the end, either subtly or blatantly. You never get exactly what you want from him, everything will cost the viewer/reader.

T-Dog though...
*pours some beer out on the ground*

ETA: The whole "Lori rising" thing is just my guessing. I have no idea if that would be good for the story or not. Just talking out my ass there :) I'm no creative so if I'm guessing it than there is zero chance it will happen.
President ZSC011

smokinbunta
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days/weeks later, dawn of the dead(new version) RE 1, 2 & 3, night of the living dead, zombie land, the walking dead

Post by smokinbunta » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:11 pm

ninja-elbow wrote:
I bet we see Lori rise because Carl (and not wrongfully) didn't finish it good enough.
OO!!!! THAT WOULD BE INSANE!!

On another note, I never thought the sabotage was being worked by Andrew... I never expected him to make it outta that yard full of walkers... But I guess he was a quick little guy.

Andrea definitely wants the Gov's Co#k... And Merle wants a piece of the action too.. and I think If Andrea wants to, she could lead Merle around like a puppy dog once they get out looking for Daryl.

Michonne is now my least favorite character.. She acts too bad ass to be real life... along with her sword, the character is just too fictional for my taste. Maybe they're trying to make her character more like the GN?

11C1P

Post by 11C1P » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:19 pm

Yeah, the pickle pussed Michonne thing is getting worn out fast. I wish they would have killed her off instead of T-Dog. Hopefully she doesn't make it past the next episode or two.
http://www.ndmsg.webs.com

A wise old owl Sat in an oak.
The more he saw,the less he spoke.
The less he spoke,the more he heard.
Why can't we be like that wise old bird?

smokinbunta
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days/weeks later, dawn of the dead(new version) RE 1, 2 & 3, night of the living dead, zombie land, the walking dead

Post by smokinbunta » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:20 pm

And I can't find the post to quote for some reason, but someone mentioned that in the scene when Maggie was holding the baby walking toward Rick. That this whole event is gonna make her think twice about her and Glens "alone time" more carefully... Probably true, tho I imagine they are still wrapping it up or she would've been prego by now.. Tho Lori's pregnancy was probably sheer freak of nature seeing how under nourished and constantly stressed they all are. I would think a woman would not have much of a sex drive, let alone capacity to have an "accident"

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:26 pm

One little detail that is bothering me re Michonne (other than the fact, like the others here, she's just to damn secret squirrel and looks like somebody just put lemon wedges in her mouth)... (but see above comments on signature Kirkman moves) and, as a matter of fact, all the fantasy hand weapon ninja skills everyone has now, GN Michonne states pretty explicitly in her "origin story" that the katana is some wall-hanger she picked up at her boyfriend's house or something like that.

And then Daryll and everbody is just going around stabbing zeds in the head like the skulls are made of pinata stuff.

Meh. Gotta pick on something right? :roll:
President ZSC011

Pockie

Post by Pockie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:29 pm

smokinbunta wrote:And I can't find the post to quote for some reason, but someone mentioned that in the scene when Maggie was holding the baby walking toward Rick. That this whole event is gonna make her think twice about her and Glens "alone time" more carefully... Probably true, tho I imagine they are still wrapping it up or she would've been prego by now.. Tho Lori's pregnancy was probably sheer freak of nature seeing how under nourished and constantly stressed they all are. I would think a woman would not have much of a sex drive, let alone capacity to have an "accident"
Being malnourished would likely have an impact on the ability to conceive, though not definitely, of course. Lori got pregnant while there was still plenty of food, and my guess is they were able to do at least ok for themselves the first few months on the road, so there's a good chance that the lack of food is recent.

But, yeah, extracurricular activities would be made as safe as possible until they were able to create a safer environment. On the other hand, you don't need a doctor to have a baby. The body will do what it needs to do in most situations.

MVegas
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MVegas » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:32 pm

ninja-elbow wrote:Nothing to really add here except:

I usually get all misty when it comes to scenes like that one, but I have to say, I didn't feel bad. Not one bit. I was totally detatched. I thought they (the writers) waaaay overplayed their hand with Lori-drama in season two. I was just sick of seeing her.

Conversely, when she got it in the GN, I was speechless.
Winter is Coming

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:42 pm

ninja-elbow wrote:And then Daryll and everbody is just going around stabbing zeds in the head like the skulls are made of pinata stuff.
I always thought that you could explain that away as the walkers having a type of osteoporosis/brittle bone syndrome......But that explanation wouldn't work too well with freshly turned walkers.

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:53 pm

I was once eating at the local food trough and a fight broke out between two fellers in the mall. One stobbed t'other in th' haid and he done died.
Mostly not here anymore.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”