"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

User avatar
Paladin1
* * * * *
Posts: 4451
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Central Ohio

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Paladin1 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:16 pm

RickOShea wrote:
djblocker88 wrote:Hmmmm somebody's head got bashed in with a collapsable AR15/M16 butt stock. That surprised me lol.

If it was fixed maybe I'd believe it.
Well, you definitely want the stock completely collapsed before you slam the butt into the ground to extract a stuck case..... but that shot the Guv made with the M4 with no rear sight was really "exceptional". :shock:

Also, was that the helicoper pilot at the top of the Guv's entertainment system ?
Yes it was.

I didn't find it shocking after seeing him ambush the military squad.

As someone who has not read the books. but have read you guys talking about him I wasn't sure what to expect. But obviously he is pretty much a Warlord.

Bound to happen in a PAW.
WWSD?

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 9128
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by RickOShea » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:16 pm

And the Squint in the laboratory mentioned that the walkers can eventually starve. :ooh:

ETA: The TV Guv doesn't look like a KISS roadie...... But he's still a low-down, dirty, ruthless vato. :gonk:
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:02 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...
Location: neia

Re:

Post by ausher » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:22 pm

LivelyToaster wrote:
ausher wrote:I believe it was the heli piolet. I was expecting his daughter chained to a wall with a bucket of body parts to eat...
As was I. I guess they took that part out? Or maybe just didn't show it yet.

Anyway, looks like next episode Meryl starts plotting his vengeance. And... Whoever was chillin in the woods starts causing trouble for the Ricktatorship.


"If the above post does not make sense I might be 99.9% asleep and doing college stuff."
I'm guessing the "hunters"

When the governor finds the prison. Rick and the gang are in a world of hurt...

User avatar
Wolfe4086
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4703
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:59 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Dead Series
Zombii Series
Cemetary Man
Zombieland
Location: High Tech Low Life
Contact:

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Wolfe4086 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:30 pm

Am I the only one that noticed the lack of a rear sight on the rifle used to taken down the runner?
"The price of failure is to be paid for in blood" Sensei Yamashita - Tanaka Corporation School of Assassins

User avatar
ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:02 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...
Location: neia

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by ausher » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:35 pm

Wolfe4086 wrote:Am I the only one that noticed the lack of a rear sight on the rifle used to taken down the runner?
No.

User avatar
UndeadInfidel
* * * * *
Posts: 2342
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:49 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Contact:

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by UndeadInfidel » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:39 pm

ausher wrote:
Wolfe4086 wrote:Am I the only one that noticed the lack of a rear sight on the rifle used to taken down the runner?
No.
This. I noticed it as well.
Image

User avatar
Wolfe4086
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 4703
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:59 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Dead Series
Zombii Series
Cemetary Man
Zombieland
Location: High Tech Low Life
Contact:

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Wolfe4086 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:41 pm

Good didn't want to think I was obsessed or something. :)
"The price of failure is to be paid for in blood" Sensei Yamashita - Tanaka Corporation School of Assassins

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 9128
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by RickOShea » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:48 pm

The guy that took out the walkers with a ball bat at the crash site is listed as Caesar Martinez. :ooh:
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
angelofwar
* * * * *
Posts: 1856
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:55 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead, I Am Legend

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by angelofwar » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:52 pm

Yeah, the "gub-na" taking out that soldier with an AR with no rear sight...1/10,000...but, hey, at least it adds to the "drama". They need new techincal experts on the set...back wards acog (Herschel) and an AR/M-16 with no rear sight = FAIL.
"The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts..."
http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... w#p2141127

Image

User avatar
budliteguy
*
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:00 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, The Walking Dead. Zombieland
Location: G-Town NC

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by budliteguy » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:03 pm

Yea no rear sight
Meryl is back and he is going after Rick. I'm afraid they are going to be out-gunned by the Gov. and his men. This guy being the psycho he is, he will not show any mercy. He has done demonstrated that taking out that guard unit. That prison is not the best place to hold up unless all the walkers are cleared out from inside and Rick and his crew have complete control of all the buildings. Even with that, them have a standing fight trying to hold the building is not an option. They will be faced with a fire and fall back retreat, locking doors behind them as they go, to slow down the bad guys, and with 2 perimeter fences to go through and all that open ground past them.They dont stand a chance surviving a running fire fight outside of the buildings with these guys.
This season is going to be good. Cant wait until next week.
Last edited by budliteguy on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Maverick299
* * * * *
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:20 am
Location: Hawkeye State

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Maverick299 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:04 pm

Michonne is a freaking bitch! I would be totally fine if Merle sticks her in the temple so I don't have to watch another 60 minutes of her squinting her eyes or flair her nostrils everytime she's on screen.
The Devil's always smiling when I pass by.

User avatar
UndeadInfidel
* * * * *
Posts: 2342
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:49 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Contact:

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by UndeadInfidel » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:06 pm

Maverick299 wrote:Michonne is a freaking bitch! I would be totally fine if Merle sticks her in the temple so I don't have to watch another 60 minutes of her squinting her eyes or flair her nostrils everytime she's on screen.
That's the point of her character... lol. She has every reason to be suspicious of these guys.
Image

User avatar
Maverick299
* * * * *
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:20 am
Location: Hawkeye State

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Maverick299 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:08 pm

UndeadInfidel wrote:
Maverick299 wrote:Michonne is a freaking bitch! I would be totally fine if Merle sticks her in the temple so I don't have to watch another 60 minutes of her squinting her eyes or flair her nostrils everytime she's on screen.
That's the point of her character... lol. She has every reason to be suspicious of these guys.
Wouldn't suspicion be all the more reason not to piss them off until you leave?
The Devil's always smiling when I pass by.

User avatar
budliteguy
*
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:00 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, The Walking Dead. Zombieland
Location: G-Town NC

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by budliteguy » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:13 pm

The Gov is not going to let them leave. If they dont not side with him they are dead and he will add her head to his collection.
She is a survivor, she trust's no one. Especially this bunch.

brunette.barbi
*
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:57 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead
Location: Central Louisiana

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by brunette.barbi » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:14 pm

Just watched as well. I like Michonne and all of her nostril flaring, squinty-eyed ninja badassery. Andrea is suddenly acting naive and like a schoolgirl around the govna. I never trusted him....

User avatar
ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:02 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...
Location: neia

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by ausher » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:15 pm

budliteguy wrote:The Gov is not going to let them leave. If they dont not side with him they are dead and he will add her head to his collection.
She is a survivor, she trust's no one. Especially this bunch.
I wouldn't trust him either. The gov had her sword in his hutch like a trophy, why not her head too...

User avatar
deadduck357
*
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:34 pm
Location: Tx

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by deadduck357 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:21 pm

angelofwar wrote:Yeah, the "gub-na" taking out that soldier with an AR with no rear sight...1/10,000...but, hey, at least it adds to the "drama". They need new techincal experts on the set...back wards acog (Herschel) and an AR/M-16 with no rear sight = FAIL.
Agreed. With as many firearm scenes there should be a competent firearms expert on set at all times. M4 with no rear sight hitting a moving target = Hollywood ignorance.

GP100Wii
*
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:52 pm

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by GP100Wii » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:22 pm

At the last scene, I was saying: Fish tanks or daughter, fish tanks or daughter.... FISH TANKS!

User avatar
Bubba Enfield
* * * * *
Posts: 2698
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:17 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, 28 Days later, Dawn'78, The Horde
Location: The strange high house in the mist

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Bubba Enfield » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:38 pm

Did anyone else think Merle looked pretty level? At least compared to when last we saw him? I'm thinking eight or nine months without drugs, and a badass disciplinarian like the Governor running his recovery, may have changed his character in certain ways. Maybe he cares more about finding Darryl than hurting Rick.

I had forgotten that Andrea didn't know about the extent of the infection, and that Merle wouldn't know Rick's name.
Prioritize your health. Get out of debt. Grow food.

User avatar
LivelyToaster
* * * *
Posts: 989
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:51 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead
Location: Dallas, Pa

"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by LivelyToaster » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:49 pm

Bubba Enfield wrote:Did anyone else think Merle looked pretty level? At least compared to when last we saw him? I'm thinking eight or nine months without drugs, and a badass disciplinarian like the Governor running his recovery, may have changed his character in certain ways. Maybe he cares more about finding Darryl than hurting Rick.

I had forgotten that Andrea didn't know about the extent of the infection, and that Merle wouldn't know Rick's name.
He would sure as hell recognize him...
I'm pretty sure revenge against Rick is still part of his game. He just also wants to find his brother.


"If the above post does not make sense I might be 99.9% asleep and doing college stuff."

User avatar
11C1P
* *
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:45 am
Location: Dakota
Contact:

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by 11C1P » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:51 pm

Has anyone else noticed any time warps while watching this show. It seems like every week I look down about 10 minutes into the show and there it is now at 10 to! I don't know where those 40 minutes go every week?
http://www.ndmsg.webs.com

A wise old owl Sat in an oak.
The more he saw,the less he spoke.
The less he spoke,the more he heard.
Why can't we be like that wise old bird?

User avatar
DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Posts: 1649
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:25 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero
Location: Rio Rancho, NM

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by DJH » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:15 pm

deadduck357 wrote:
angelofwar wrote:Yeah, the "gub-na" taking out that soldier with an AR with no rear sight...1/10,000...but, hey, at least it adds to the "drama". They need new techincal experts on the set...back wards acog (Herschel) and an AR/M-16 with no rear sight = FAIL.
Agreed. With as many firearm scenes there should be a competent firearms expert on set at all times. M4 with no rear sight hitting a moving target = Hollywood ignorance.
Waste of money. Productions usually just ignore technical advice anyway.

Advisor - "That sight is on backwards."

Director - "I want it that way. You're fired."
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

User avatar
LivelyToaster
* * * *
Posts: 989
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:51 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead
Location: Dallas, Pa

"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by LivelyToaster » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:54 pm

DJH wrote:
deadduck357 wrote:
angelofwar wrote:Yeah, the "gub-na" taking out that soldier with an AR with no rear sight...1/10,000...but, hey, at least it adds to the "drama". They need new techincal experts on the set...back wards acog (Herschel) and an AR/M-16 with no rear sight = FAIL.
Agreed. With as many firearm scenes there should be a competent firearms expert on set at all times. M4 with no rear sight hitting a moving target = Hollywood ignorance.
Waste of money. Productions usually just ignore technical advice anyway.

Advisor - "That sight is on backwards."

Director - "I want it that way. You're fired."
LMFAO... Possibly true. I'm surprised the actors themselves don't go DERP, this thing doesn't have any crosshairs.


"If the above post does not make sense I might be 99.9% asleep and doing college stuff."

Caenus
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 3635
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:56 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: the ones where people turn into zombies
Location: Arizonastan

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Caenus » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:07 am

Funny thing is that there were other weapons with sights on them that the soldiers were using. I guess they just handed them out wrong and no one thought to give the corporal a weapon with a sight.
"If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil." - Larry the Cable Guy

Check out my Zombie Novels!; Phoenix Rising; ...and the sequel: Through the Ashes

Post Reply

Return to “Zombie Training Films”