question about romero

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

will
ZS Member
ZS Member

question about romero

Post by will » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:32 pm

my fencing instructor asked me this and i did not know...

are we to believe that the 4 romero zombie movies take place at the same time, sequentialy, or are they totaly not related?
Truth is what stands the test of experience.
-Albert Einstein

Only 2 People Can Say They Went To Every Z-Con And Wintergheddon Ever, I'm One Of Them!!

Matias

Post by Matias » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:11 pm

I'd guess they kind of overlap a little. We know that the beginning of NOTLD is the beginning, so maybe middle to end is the beginning of dawn of the dead, while day of the dead being siquentially last.
Steel yourselves.
Resident tinkerer/inventor

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Post by kyle » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:22 am

The fourth installment that is supposed to make it's way to production this month (if it hasn't already) is supposed to take place in the future.
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

Matias

Post by Matias » Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:07 am

I've heard that romero's making a game too, called city of the dead.
Steel yourselves.

Jeff
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jeff » Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:07 am

Kyle, I thought Romero's new movie is a new zombie series, unrelated to the ... of the Dead's.

Oh, and they cross over. Well. If you count the color version of NOTLD as canon. Watch Dawn of... when they fly the helicopter over the field full of hicks and cops shooting zombies... and compare it to the scene where the female who survives is wandering through that same area.... looking up at a helicopter as it passes.
Even the purest of zen can be interupted by blunt force trauma.
-Jonas

You guys are so unamerican it's killing my dog. -Cyr

Quasar665

Post by Quasar665 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:45 am

New Movie:

Land of the Dead (not to be confused with Land of the Lost or Land o' Lakes)

Zombies cover the world except for one walled in city that society is taking shelter in. Enter the twist... The zombies... they start to evolve.

Matias

Post by Matias » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:30 am

buying a movie theater just to watch it over and over
Steel yourselves.

will
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by will » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:32 pm

ok now the deads make sence. i had thought they crossover but was not sure just how.

i dont know about this zombies evolving thing..next think we know will have to give them equall rights....and well be labeled a hate group...that sux.
-Albert Einstein

Only 2 People Can Say They Went To Every Z-Con And Wintergheddon Ever, I'm One Of Them!!

Matias

Post by Matias » Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:15 pm

So what would be the politically correct term for a zombie if they did? Undead? Undeceased? Zombie musicians, who spawn a new culture of completely idiotic kids?
Steel yourselves.

Skatch

Post by Skatch » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:25 pm

No son, they're not "Zombies", they're "Cognatively living impared"
watch out for officers son. It's their job to get you killed-Cpt. V.J. Dax, Starship Troopers 2

will
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by will » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:46 pm

yeah well i still dont like them living next door, they lower my property value...
-Albert Einstein

Matias

Post by Matias » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:00 pm

will wrote:yeah well i still dont like them living next door, they lower my property value...
And they eat my pets, children, and other neighbors. Damn that zombie rights movement.
Steel yourselves.

Skatch

zombie rights

Post by Skatch » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:55 am

wow, I can just see the protest rallies.

Zombie Leader: What do we want?
Zombie horde: Brains!
Zombie Leader: When do we want them?
Zombie horde: Now!

It would be followed by all of them linking arms and singing crappy political songs written by REM (I used to love you Michael Stipes) and a candle light vigil in honor of all those brought down so heanously by that group of vigilanties, the Zombie Squad.

Of course, we will all be on hand with sights, scopes and smirks to break up their hippy zombie love-in with nicely aimed shots. I think in this case, it's okay to not be accepting of anothers differences
watch out for officers son. It's their job to get you killed-Cpt. V.J. Dax, Starship Troopers 2

ghostface

Re: zombie rights

Post by ghostface » Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:01 pm

Skatch wrote:I think in this case, it's okay to not be accepting of anothers differences
Bigot.
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices, to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own...

Sage

Post by Sage » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:49 pm

Oh god I'm a zombie racist

bgaesop

Post by bgaesop » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:29 pm

Zombist? Zombieist? Undeadist? Lifist? (pronounced Life-ist)

Matias

Post by Matias » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:46 pm

Living heil!
anti zombie nazis
Steel yourselves.

SMERSH

Re: question about romero

Post by SMERSH » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:50 pm

will wrote:my fencing instructor asked me this and i did not know...

are we to believe that the 4 romero zombie movies take place at the same time, sequentialy, or are they totaly not related?
well there is no way to tell what time they take place. because you are not suppost to know. however, going with the fact that they are sequential (i.e. the redneck caravan, with the press in the end of night talking about hooking up with the military, then seeing a redneck caraven with the press AND the military in the beginning of dawn when they are in the helicopter. along with other clues bolth in dawn and day) you will notice the changes of seasons.

heres what i mean

night: at the very begining, while they are still in the car, johnnie is complaining about day light savings time so its late otober. now the movie was released in 68, but it was made a year earlier in 67. also johnnie was complaing about church, or something about church that morning, so that makes it a sunday. sooo, the movie starts on sunday, Oct 29, 1967, and ends on monday Oct 30, 1967. DEVILS NIGHT!!!

dawn: with what i have already said about night (bolth above and about the rednecks), and the fact that october 67 and 78 (the year the dawn was made) are identical, dawn would take place on tuesday october 31st. HALLOWEEN!!! now it is safe to assume that dawn takes place over the winter and into early spring

day: day of the dead takes place probbably spring to mid-late summer. its kinda hard to tell since all of the outdoor shots are in florida, and it is also suppost to take place in florida also (the "4 mile long toomstone" in day is accualy the abandoned medusa coal? mine in pennslvania). but its bright n' sunny in a horror movie so its safe to say it summer

with all of that said its safe to assume that land of the dead (not dead reckoning) will take place in the late summer and early fall 8)

Return to “Zombie Training Films”