September (especially this week) a big zombie month

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Ivan
ZS Member
ZS Member

September (especially this week) a big zombie month

Post by Ivan » Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:02 am

Yesterday the big Dawn of the Dead set came out. So did a new collectors edition of Resident Evil. Shaun of the Dead hits theatres in a couple of weeks.

The Res. Evil dvd comes with a coupon for a free movie ticket to the new Res, and in the states at places like Best Buy, it should be about $14. Comes with some extras including an unfinished ending and commentary tracks by Mila and Michelle and the director. Seeing as its not THAT great of a zombie flick, I'm still up in the air on wether or not I would want this version, but the free movie ticket does sweeten the deal.
If there's one thing I wouldn't want to be twice, zombies is both of them!
-Ed Wood, JR.

ghostface

Post by ghostface » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:04 pm

I don't know about Canadatown, USA, but here going to a movie costs 10 bucks. That makes it a $4 DVD. Which means if you’re going to the new one and you think you’ll ever plan on renting the old one, it’s probably cheaper to buy this special edition DVD (Blockbuster rentals here are +$4.00).
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices, to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own...

Ghostfist

Post by Ghostfist » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:21 pm

I am so gonna buy the DOTD box set. How much does it retail for?
"SEE! SEE?!?! You didn't believe me! You called me a nut! But now there's ZOMBIES in the street, so SUCK IT!"
Jamoni

Ivan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Ivan » Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:18 pm

Movies are about 15 here, and that 14 will be about $20-25 here. On top of that, I already have the old version on dvd. I would definitely do it if I hadnt already bought the old one.

the Ultimate Edition Dawn of the Dead retails for $49, Best Buy probably has it for $39
-Ed Wood, JR.

Djinn

Post by Djinn » Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:23 pm

10 dollars for the dvd? I wanna know where the hell YOUR shopping. o.O I can get 10 dollar dvd's ...but they all SUCK. -.- Cheapest they get at target/walmart (usually) is about 12-15 bucks.
"Sit, Shit, and Get Ready!"

http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com

Ivan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Ivan » Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:30 pm

Djinn, I thik you may have misread something. He said $10 to go to a movie.
-Ed Wood, JR.

*Mike*

Post by *Mike* » Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:20 pm

DotD is already on my b-day list this year. But the week Shaun of the Dead might come out here, is also when Star Wars: Battlefront comes out. So this will defintly be a good month for me.

ghostface

Post by ghostface » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:22 am

Ivan wrote:Djinn, I thik you may have misread something. He said $10 to go to a movie.
Yep. $10 for a movie ticket + $4something for a Blockbuster rental=may as well buy the DVD instead if you are a RE fan.
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices, to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own...

cullybear

Post by cullybear » Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:34 pm

I believe if is is still on sale you can get Dawn of the dead box for 32.00 at best buy.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”