Richard Jewell

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Richard Jewell

Post by RickOShea » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:08 pm

New flick from Clint Eastwood.

Richard Jewell – Official Trailer

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Stercutus

Re: Richard Jewell

Post by Stercutus » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:28 am

Good. This film is long overdue.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:24 am

Amazing cast!

Redemption, I hope
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

absinthe beginner
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by absinthe beginner » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:33 pm

This should be required viewing for every American who still believes the crap they taught about the rule of law in 8th grade civics class.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:50 pm

absinthe beginner wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:33 pm
This should be required viewing for every American who still believes the crap they taught about the rule of law in 8th grade civics class.
Jewell believed in ROL, he worked as a LEO for a number of years and was doing so right before he died. This is more about the abuse of power. From the FBI and most especially from the media. At least with the FBI you could kind of say they were trying to do the right thing and then got lost on the way and end up half destroying a man's life. They ended up being sorry about it and did their best to clear him. The media was straight up selling soap and happy to destroy a man's life in the process.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

RoneKiln

Post by RoneKiln » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:56 pm

I've read that the lady that sparked the media witch hunt was horrified by how things snowballed. Many of her friends believe that the stress and guilt contributed to her dying so young. I think that adds to the poignantcy of how easily media can also be affected by mob mentality.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

absinthe beginner
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by absinthe beginner » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:41 am

Stercutus said: At least with the FBI you could kind of say they were trying to do the right thing and then got lost on the way and end up half destroying a man's life. They ended up being sorry about it and did their best to clear him.
Not so. The FBI never apologized to Richard Jewell or accepted accountability for their attempted railroading of an innocent man. Go to 2:45 of the 2002 60 Minutes interview where Jewell is asked if the FBI ever reached out to him and acknowledged that they'd made a mistake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJiottNlPIY&t=183s

Return to “Zombie Training Films”