After Darkness

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Stercutus

After Darkness

Post by Stercutus » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:40 am

In the rare genre of Victorian Style Gothic PAW set in the modern day we have After Darkness. The sun is being covered with big spots and everyone is going to freeze to death. Heathcliff is going to use his political connections to save everyone.

I was thinking "Natalia Dyer and Kyra Sedgewick, how bad could it be"?

The answer is; "pretty damn bad". Despite the relative talent of these two actresses they can not overcome the bad, bad, bad writing. Dyer is exceptionally misused as her character is treated like a puppy dog while Sedgewick mopes along as a mental patient.

In fairness I did not know what I was signing up for. There were warning signs. Opening with Lord Byron was a huge red flag. It took me three Lord Byron quotes before I realized we were going down the tubes that way. It is almost like Poe tried to write Wuthering Heights while sober, casting the Real Housewives of Cleveland while basing it on Lord Byron's Darkness. The big, dramatic, scandalous reveals are not. Nothing sensible happens during the entire movie.

I will say they did manage to make a movie without humor, drama, horror, action or anything interesting unless you find soap operas interesting. You will be hitting the fast forward 30-40 minutes in if you are still awake.

On A Prime for those with sleep disorders.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Return to “Zombie Training Films”