I Am Mother

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Stercutus

I Am Mother

Post by Stercutus » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:47 pm

Netflix

Tragedy has befallen mankind and somewhere in a bunker a droid is assembled and begins a program routine to try to bring back mankind.

"A teenage girl is raised underground by a kindly robot "Mother" -- designed to repopulate the earth following the extinction of humankind. But their unique bond is threatened when an inexplicable stranger arrives with alarming news."

Hillary Swank puts in a decent performance as a PAW survivor but Clara Rugaard carries the movie on her back 90% of the way. It is a solid effort but the movie suffers from a bit of predictability and numerous plot holes. (Swank's character is not a plot hole BTW, but essential to the plot).

They did good job with Mother. She is really slick. Most of the rest of the effects were mediocre to good.

The big take away from the movie are AI ethics issues. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one (ST2). Now this put it's us in opposition to ST3, where the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many. The answer to that math problem belongs to whomever can enforce it on others I suppose. Or at least that is what I got out of the movie.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Return to “Zombie Training Films”