The Night Eats The World

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

The Night Eats The World

Post by RickOShea » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:36 pm

Or, "La Nuit a Dévoré Le Monde". Free on Amazon Prime.

Sam appears to be having a bad day. It doesn't get any better as he goes to his ex-girlfriend's new apartment to retrieve a box of his belongings. His ex, Fanny, is throwing a kickin' party. She asks Sam to stay, but he just wants to get his stuff and go. She tells him to wait and have a drink, as she disappears into the crowd with her new Beau.

Some time passes, and Sam has to track her down and ask again for his stuff. After a near confrontation with the new boyfriend, Fanny tells him his things are in a box in the room at the end of the hall. Sam navigates his way thru the partygoers towards the room, when sumdood accidentally smacks him in the nose with a camera. In the room at last, his nose starts to bleed just as he locates the box. He finds a napkin and sits down in a chair with his head tilted back....and promptly falls asleep/passes out.

Come morning he awakens, still in the chair. Sam grabs the box and tries to leave, but there is one problem....He has just slept through the zombie apocalypse. Now he is trapped in a strange apartment building, and appears to be the only living person left in area.

The zombies tend to be the fast variety. The movie takes place in Paris, France, but most of the dialogue (what little there is) is in English. As per usual, some will enjoy this flick and some will hate it....spin the wheel and takes yer chances. :crazy:

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Stercutus

Re: The Night Eats The World

Post by Stercutus » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:36 pm

Free on A-Prime, I'll check it later tonight.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

Dabster

Post by Dabster » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:26 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:36 pm
Free on A-Prime, I'll check it later tonight.

This looks very good. I look forward to your review and plan to watch it as soon as I can find the remote.
I am not a 'gray man'. I am a brown man, coyote brown. With FDE highlights, of course.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:02 pm

It was not bad. It is a LMOE scenario where the guy isn't looking for a cure or anything he is simply trapped in his apartment building for months when the inevitable party crasher comes through. I'd put it dead middle between "I am Legend" and middle schoolers with a GoPro, meaning average. Certainly watchable.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

JackBauer
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the Night of the Dead series
I Am Legend
28 Days Later
Walking Dead (tv series)

Post by JackBauer » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:25 am

Watched it last night and enjoyed it. I'm learning the drums and really loved the musical parts.
Great production on this.
A person should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog,. .., build a wall, set a bone, take and give orders, cooperate, analyze & solve problems, fight efficiently, die gallantly RH
http://johnfoberg.blogspot.com/

Dabster

Post by Dabster » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:10 pm

Watched it last night. It was okay, had a few laughs but I was rather disappointed.
I am not a 'gray man'. I am a brown man, coyote brown. With FDE highlights, of course.

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:30 am

If Jean Paul Sarte ever made a zombie movie, it would look like this. The sparse dialogue (it is in English) makes A Quiet Place sound like My Dinner with Andre.

Truth be told, I really liked this, but it is a very French existentialist take on the zombie apocalypse.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

Return to “Zombie Training Films”