Criminals Posing as LEOs After SHTF

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

JF89
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Re: Criminals Posing as LEOs After SHTF

Post by JF89 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:41 pm

moab wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:52 pm
JF89 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:01 pm

Good stuff, Selco does have some neat info on his site. Is his paid content worth it?
I'm still taking his course. It's a lot of audio. And a lot of reading. The biggest takeaway so far is you've got to expect the worse as soon as you can. a lot of the beginning is convincing you that you need to prepare at all. So he's preaching to the choir a bit in the beginning. There is also a lot of practical knowledge. Like how to set up a successful trade. Things you wouldn't think of unless you were a career criminal. It's very much like doing a drug/cash transaction. You've gotta have back ups for your back ups. How to set up home defense. What things are important to prep. Soap. A big one. And bleach. Another big one. His biggest losses were to disease and unhealthy living conditions. But he stayed in the city and bugged in during his disaster. He also talks a lot about his current preps. Getting out to a small rural community as a BOL. Faster this time than the last time. When he stayed incorrectly.

I can't say it's worth the $79 yet. As I haven't finished. But there is a lot of talking. a lot of fluff that is basically him convincing you that you need to prep and think fast. And do things sooner. Again, kind of preaching to the choir. But even if your a prepper there's a lot to get out of it. Like prepping all the right stuff isn't going to save you. Plans and strategies are going to save you. Thinking is going to save you. Acting fast enough is going to save you. He kind of looks down on folks that prep a ton of shit. But have no plan to bug out. Or how to protect their supplies. Most will get taken advantage of. If things fall apart like they did in Croatia. Things get criminal pretty fast. And you have to be prepared for that more than anything else.

SO I guess if your thinking about prepping it's totally worth the money. Because if you don't believe things can get that bad. Your convinced differently. And your convinced that plans are what you need as much as your prepping. I personally will put a lot more effort into planning now. Than acquiring stuff. I have a more than average level of training. SO I've mainly concentrated on prepping. But need to put a lot more effort in plans. Like a phone tree. Who are you going to call first. And who is going to call someone after you. So that you call can meet up at plan location A. Or if no one answers what is the next place to meet. Deaddrops. Things you forgot about from spy school when you were a kid. Come into play here a lot. Your plans have to be a lot more sophisticated than you thought. And you have to make them now.

I'll do a more comprehensive review once I'm done. Thus far I recommend it.
How much does it cost?

moab

Post by moab » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:52 pm

JF89 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:41 pm
moab wrote:
JF89 wrote:

Good stuff, Selco does have some neat info on his site. Is his paid content worth it?
I'm still taking his course. It's a lot of audio. And a lot of reading. The biggest takeaway so far is you've got to expect the worse as soon as you can. a lot of the beginning is convincing you that you need to prepare at all. So he's preaching to the choir a bit in the beginning. There is also a lot of practical knowledge. Like how to set up a successful trade. Things you wouldn't think of unless you were a career criminal. It's very much like doing a drug/cash transaction. You've gotta have back ups for your back ups. How to set up home defense. What things are important to prep. Soap. A big one. And bleach. Another big one. His biggest losses were to disease and unhealthy living conditions. But he stayed in the city and bugged in during his disaster. He also talks a lot about his current preps. Getting out to a small rural community as a BOL. Faster this time than the last time. When he stayed incorrectly.

I can't say it's worth the $79 yet. As I haven't finished. But there is a lot of talking. a lot of fluff that is basically him convincing you that you need to prep and think fast. And do things sooner. Again, kind of preaching to the choir. But even if your a prepper there's a lot to get out of it. Like prepping all the right stuff isn't going to save you. Plans and strategies are going to save you. Thinking is going to save you. Acting fast enough is going to save you. He kind of looks down on folks that prep a ton of shit. But have no plan to bug out. Or how to protect their supplies. Most will get taken advantage of. If things fall apart like they did in Croatia. Things get criminal pretty fast. And you have to be prepared for that more than anything else.

SO I guess if your thinking about prepping it's totally worth the money. Because if you don't believe things can get that bad. Your convinced differently. And your convinced that plans are what you need as much as your prepping. I personally will put a lot more effort into planning now. Than acquiring stuff. I have a more than average level of training. SO I've mainly concentrated on prepping. But need to put a lot more effort in plans. Like a phone tree. Who are you going to call first. And who is going to call someone after you. So that you call can meet up at plan location A. Or if no one answers what is the next place to meet. Deaddrops. Things you forgot about from spy school when you were a kid. Come into play here a lot. Your plans have to be a lot more sophisticated than you thought. And you have to make them now.

How much does it cost?
$79 for the new one. It's a long collection of lessons in print and video format. Easy to follow along. You can mark what you've gone over. The older class is less. But I think the new class is probably that much better.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:04 am

moab wrote:
JF89 wrote:

Thank you for posting about his course. :)

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:24 pm

Tireur wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:25 am
Frankly I would be more worried about LEO's becoming criminals.

i.e. Katrina, Hell even Canadian cops go Mad Max at the drop of a hat, or flood, or ice storm. LEO's are the FIRST people you need to control in a SHTF scenario.
My opinion is that the ratio of good cops to bad cops will stay about the same as wherever it is now which is most are good. A situation like a PAW may push some good cops to acts of desperation but they are only human and pre-PAW ownership of a badge cannot strip them of a right to their basic humanity, of doing anything they have to in order to ensure the survival of their families.
MPMalloy wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:21 am
How do these threads get started?!?!? :shock: :? :crazy:
Actually ZS is full of threads that start in a sane direction but are relentlessly hijacked by indviduals who have a goal of disrupting the thread, driving the conversation into political territory and subsequent locking by a mod. I can't say I understand their need to comment on every thread in a forum, ask for endless facts (which they immediately attack) or get the thread shut down but my guess is that they are secretly frustrated by their lack of moderator "powers" and resort to their available options of attack and disrupt. :v:
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

moab

Post by moab » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:42 pm

teotwaki wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:24 pm
Tireur wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:25 am
Frankly I would be more worried about LEO's becoming criminals.

i.e. Katrina, Hell even Canadian cops go Mad Max at the drop of a hat, or flood, or ice storm. LEO's are the FIRST people you need to control in a SHTF scenario.
My opinion is that the ratio of good cops to bad cops will stay about the same as wherever it is now which is most are good. A situation like a PAW may push some good cops to acts of desperation but they are only human and pre-PAW ownership of a badge cannot strip them of a right to their basic humanity, of doing anything they have to in order to ensure the survival of their families.
MPMalloy wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:21 am
How do these threads get started?!?!? :shock: :? :crazy:
Actually ZS is full of threads that start in a sane direction but are relentlessly hijacked by indviduals who have a goal of disrupting the thread, driving the conversation into political territory and subsequent locking by a mod. I can't say I understand their need to comment on every thread in a forum, ask for endless facts (which they immediately attack) or get the thread shut down but my guess is that they are secretly frustrated by their lack of moderator "powers" and resort to their available options of attack and disrupt. :v:
I have not seen this as of late. Interesting.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:53 pm

My opinion is that the ratio of good cops to bad cops will stay about the same as wherever it is now which is most are good.

I tend to agree.

NOLA cops were legendary for corruption before Katrina hit. Some fled, some ehh… underperformed. Some committed criminal acts like vehicle theft and murder and then went to prison. Some committed civil rights violations. But the overwhelming majority did their job.

I'd say if Chicago ever suffered a huge catastrophe similar results should be expected based upon their well deserved reputation for corruption and brutality. This is an easy fix though. If you want honest police make them accountable. If you can't because the system is too corrupt (say Chicago again) then plan accordingly.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:06 am

What is the authority of PMC's in a disaster? Lawful authority.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:39 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:06 am
What is the authority of PMC's in a disaster? Lawful authority.
I assume you mean Private Military Contractor. If so the answer is zero. At best they could be security guards. The exception would be the private security force the military uses to guard their bases. A few years ago they were given arrest powers inside of military bases by the congress because they were in the awkward position of not being able to legally do anything and yet were doing so anyway under orders from the commander. Their authority extends to the end of the reservation.

Sniping from the top of the Superdome is well out.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

Return to “Zombie Training Films”